ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EHIC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kool145
Newly Registered

EHIC

Post by kool145 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:18 pm

I M NON EEA MY WIFE IS EEA NATIONAL
WE BOTH GOT EHIC...
WIL IT COVER TICTY RIGHT WHEN SHE OFF THE WORK...
SHE MIGHT LOSE HER JOB TILL ANOTHER JOB WIL IT COVER AS CSI?
thnx

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:56 pm

The EHIC needs to be issue by another member state. Not the UK. Is your EHIC issued by another member state?

You don't need CSI while she is job seeking between jobs (keep evidence of her job search).

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Jambo wrote:The EHIC needs to be issue by another member state. Not the UK. Is your EHIC issued by another member state?

You don't need CSI while she is job seeking between jobs (keep evidence of her job search).
Jambo what if it's issued in the UK? will HO won't accept it as a medical cover.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:08 pm

The whole point of having CSI is not to become a burden on the UK health system. Having an EHIC that was issued by the UK misses that objective.

Also the EHIC is to cover a resident travelling abroad within the EEA, not while he still in the host state.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:15 am

thanks mate

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:02 pm

If she is not employed and is looking for a job, she should keep evidence that she is actively seeking a job. Keep copies of letters and email sent and received. Keep records of agencies contacted. (Probably) register with the Jobcentre. Just keep the records!

denin
Newly Registered

EHIC date

Post by denin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:54 am

Hello ppl,

I am EU citizen. I was student between 2005-2010 and I have been looking for job and I have been looking for work for 1 year (as self-sufficient person).

In order to exercise treaty right as student and self sufficient person one needs tohave CSI. Now UKBA is accepting EHIC as CSI but they say person should stay in the UK temporarily, which is a contradiction.

--How can one finish qualifying period staying in the UK temporarily??

--I renewed my EHIC several times as it expires in every 2 years and the old cards were taken back. How can I prove that I was covered during the qualifying period?

I will be glad if someone please give me a hand, it is urgent.

Thanks!!

star786
Newly Registered

Post by star786 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:17 pm

Hello everyone,

I had a question about csi, hope u guys will be able to help.

If you are the non-eea family member and you are a student, do u need CSI?
Will that be the same if the eea national is working?

denin
Newly Registered

Post by denin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:28 pm

If you are working you do not need CSI.

If you are student you need CSI, being eu or not does not matter..

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:24 pm

denin wrote:If you are working you do not need CSI.

If you are student you need CSI, being eu or not does not matter..
Not entirely correct.

It's all about the EEA national. The non EEA national activity doesn't matter.

If the EEA national is working, CSI is not needed regardless of the non-EEA activities (can be a student).

If the EEA national is a student, CSI is required for all family members even if the non-EEA is working.

denin
Newly Registered

Post by denin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Sorry for the wrong info then.

Jambo you have the answer for my past question?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EHIC date

Post by Jambo » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:24 am

denin wrote: --How can one finish qualifying period staying in the UK temporarily??
I agree it is not very logical but although the HO requires you to state your intent is temporary residence when applying for a Residence Permit using EHIC, this will not prevent you from obtaining PR status after 5 years exercising treaty rights under EEA regulations.

--I renewed my EHIC several times as it expires in every 2 years and the old cards were taken back. How can I prove that I was covered during the qualifying period?
Does your card have a "valid from" field? If not, use the latest. If yes, you will need to ask the relevant (health?) department for a letter confirming you have been issued with a EHIC card for the period.

Alternatively, if you have been issued a Residence Permit (EEA1) as a student (although not required for EEA national) before June 2011, the HO will waive the requirement for CSI.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EHIC date

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:03 pm

[quote="Jambo"][quote="denin"]
--How can one finish qualifying period staying in the UK temporarily??
[/quote]
I agree it is not very logical but although the HO requires you to state your intent is temporary residence when applying for a Residence Permit using EHIC, this will not prevent you from obtaining PR status after 5 years exercising treaty rights under EEA regulations.
[quote]
[/quote]
Does your card have a "valid from" field? If not, use the latest. If yes, you will need to ask the relevant (health?) department for a letter confirming you have been issued with a EHIC card for the period.

Alternatively, if you have been issued a Residence Permit (EEA1) as a student (although not required for EEA national) before June 2011, the HO will waive the requirement for CSI.[/quote]

Agree that it's not logical. It's positive nonsense. Students are treated differently to self-sufficient persons precisely because their can circumstances change so rapidly.