ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice regarding Tier 1 Dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

nehagharge

Advice regarding Tier 1 Dependent

Post by nehagharge » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi

I am on tier 1 dependent since oct 2010 .

My query is if I go back to india for maternity and want to come back to UK with my baby, will there be any immigration issues as I will be staying away from my husband for more than 16 months.

What is the normal procedure to re apply dependent visa as my visa will be running out by April 2013( 16 months), and my husband's extension is due at the same time.

Can I re-apply as his dependent from india or do I have to come back to UK before his visa expires and apply for an extension as his dependent in 2013.

Thanks,
Neha
Last edited by nehagharge on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:46 pm

She can re-enter the UK at any time within the validity of her current visa. She can re-enter and apply for an extension with you, or she can apply for another entry clearance from India.

nehagharge

Post by nehagharge » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks for your immediate response.

We have been staying together since 2009. I would be applying for an extension in april 2013 and then for ILR in sep 2013.Will she be eligible to apply ILR with me or does she has to complete the 2 yrs cycle once again?