ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:51 am

guardianangel79 wrote:Have applied for a passport. The interview letter has been sent - is it ok to call the IPS helpline to arrange an interview before I receive the letter? Need to travel end of next week and am trying to expedite the timing. Thank you in advance.
Yes. You don't need the letter. Just the reference number. Call 0300 222 0000 to get the reference number and 0300 222 1000 to book the interview.

Tamim
Newly Registered

Post by Tamim » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:37 pm

Received my approval and ceremony letter today after exactly 4 months very happy :D and best of luck to all who are waiting !!

Thanks to immigration board and all the ppl here for all there help !!!!! 8)

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:39 pm

hi all

waooo alots approval i am so happy for those who got them and wishing good luck who are in waiting list. tc
regards
nazia x
NAZIA XX

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Nazia88

You are still alive on this forum, sounds good. Have you got your passport or still in pipeline?

Good Luck.
Nazia88 wrote:hi all

waooo alots approval i am so happy for those who got them and wishing good luck who are in waiting list. tc
regards
nazia x

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:41 pm

I think you need to quote the reference number which you can find on interview letter only. Thats why you need to wait for letter before booking an appointment.

Good Luck
Jambo wrote:
guardianangel79 wrote:Have applied for a passport. The interview letter has been sent - is it ok to call the IPS helpline to arrange an interview before I receive the letter? Need to travel end of next week and am trying to expedite the timing. Thank you in advance.
Yes. You don't need the letter. Just the reference number. Call 0300 222 0000 to get the reference number and 0300 222 1000 to book the interview.

engineer83
Newly Registered

Post by engineer83 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:46 pm

congrats all who received the approval letter, i applied on 05th Sept and nothing yet :( ....... hope we all get our letters soon !!!

engineer83
Newly Registered

Post by engineer83 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Any one here knows the waiting time for the ceremony in Birmingham? or the procedure of changing the ceremony to any other council? At the moment it looks like as 6 week waiting period for the ceremony at Birmingham !

fev

Post by fev » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:00 am

Thank you for support, Guys! I applied 16 September via NCS, HO got it 19 September, so today is exactly 10 weeks. This is my hope too that HO intends to clear this year applications till Christmas
Miu wrote:
chocho wrote:I do not know whether it's successful or not...it has been printed today apparently, do you know how long it takes to be in my mailbox ?
Of course its an APPROVAL!!! :)
It took me 7 days to receive the letter... A whole week of staying clueless about this goodness :) I now think its good I didnt know the decision had been made- it would only make me too worried!!
Fev, yours is on the way Im sure! When did u apply? Im pretty sure the HO wants to clear everything from this year,since they will need to make some kind of a yearly report.

sackcy
Newly Registered

Post by sackcy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Got my approval today :D

Applied on 8th July 2011

Approval Received on 28th Nov 2011

Would like to thank you each and every one here for all the support.

Hope and pray that every application gets sorted out with APPROVALS before Christmas.

Can any one tell what exactly IPS asks when they write to Counter-signatory during passport application?

Thanks & Regards

Miu
Newly Registered

Post by Miu » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:16 pm

sackcy wrote:Got my approval today :D

Applied on 8th July 2011

Approval Received on 28th Nov 2011

Would like to thank you each and every one here for all the support.

Hope and pray that every application gets sorted out with APPROVALS before Christmas.

Can any one tell what exactly IPS asks when they write to Counter-signatory during passport application?

Thanks & Regards
wow, you've waited so long!! Big big congrats on a well-deserved approval!!

sackcy
Newly Registered

Post by sackcy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Miu thank you :)

chocho

Post by chocho » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:00 pm

approval confirmed by council today and ceremony booked, not received the approval letter yet but hopefully will be soon in my mailbox. So delighted! Now got ceremony and passport left, but one step gone. will stay in this forum to update on further steps. thank you all for the support, really pleased to have found you guys.

Will Singh
Mood:

Post by Will Singh » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:07 pm

chocho wrote:approval confirmed by council today and ceremony booked, not received the approval letter yet but hopefully will be soon in my mailbox. So delighted! Now got ceremony and passport left, but one step gone. will stay in this forum to update on further steps. thank you all for the support, really pleased to have found you guys.
CONGRATULATIONS CHOCHO :D :D

1 step at a time mate, the hard parts over :)

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:11 pm

gorayah wrote:Nazia88

You are still alive on this forum, sounds good. Have you got your passport or still in pipeline?

Good Luck.

regards
nazia x
hi
yes i am still alive lol i got my passport agez ago but its still virgin i had a plan to go somewhere but stuck due to house stuff hows things with you.
NAZIA XX

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:34 pm

Nazia88 wrote:

Good Luck.

regards
nazia x
hi
yes i am still alive lol i got my passport agez ago but its still virgin i had a plan to go somewhere but stuck due to house stuff hows things with you.
Nice to hear. I just came back from Pakistan and felt really good to pass through small queue of British Passport line at immigration counter.
Also my wife's naturalization case is in pipeline now, so another wait going on now :)

Good Luck for your first trip on british passport.

cheers..

chocho

Post by chocho » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:28 am

For 1st Passport application, do I actually need to send the BC letter (that you get after ceremony) along with other documents ? or the BC reference number is enough ? I need this information because I would need the BC letter for my wife's NCS appointment...

fev

Post by fev » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:38 am

Hi Chocho!

Congratulations again! :) Have you received a letter from the Council saying that your approval came through or you called them to ask?
I think the most important spep has been completed for you. The rest, hopefully, will go smoothly.
chocho wrote:approval confirmed by council today and ceremony booked, not received the approval letter yet but hopefully will be soon in my mailbox. So delighted! Now got ceremony and passport left, but one step gone. will stay in this forum to update on further steps. thank you all for the support, really pleased to have found you guys.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:54 am

chocho wrote:For 1st Passport application, do I actually need to send the BC letter (that you get after ceremony) along with other documents ? or the BC reference number is enough ? I need this information because I would need the BC letter for my wife's NCS appointment...
The actual certificate received in the ceremony is needed. When is the your wife appointment scheduled? It takes 2-3 weeks to get the documents back after applying for a passport. Alternatively, apply after your wife's appointment.

sackcy
Newly Registered

Post by sackcy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:48 am

Please can any one tell what exactly IPS asks when they write to Counter-signatory during passport application?

Please?

chocho

Post by chocho » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:59 am

Thank you guys for the clarity. I think I will wait until my wife applies on the 19th (that is the ncs appointment, my ceremony is on 12th) then I will apply for the Passport.

@Fev : I live in front of the council and I let my details, when they received the approval they called straight away. quite nice from them

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:32 pm

gorayah wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:

Good Luck.

regards
nazia x
hi
Nice to hear. I just came back from Pakistan and felt really good to pass through small queue of British Passport line at immigration counter.
Also my wife's naturalization case is in pipeline now, so another wait going on now :)

Good Luck for your first trip on british passport.

cheers..
waoo thats nice and goodluck to your wife application. thanks
NAZIA XX

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Post by burtsbee » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi everyone
I have checked my passport progress online and got an email that my interview invitation letter has been sent today. I read somewhere on this forum that you do not need to wait for the letter to book the interview, just phone IPS to get a reference number and you're good to book your interview. Now, I phoned IPS, the lady said no, you have to wait for the letter. So I asked if she can give me the reference number, she said no. I asked if this is a new thing because in the past it was different. Oh, yes, we had a change of policy recently, bla bla bla! Don't get me wrong, she was nice and all. Just wondering whether anyone maybe might have had a bit more luck than me and got a different answer? Thank you all for all the valuable information here, I wouldn't be without it. :wink:

ukie2011
Newly Registered

general discussion

Post by ukie2011 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Has HO also joined the strike today? There is still no news from them regarding the payment of my application :(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:34 pm

sackcy wrote:Miu thank you :)

Have IPS contacted your countersignatory? IPS only contact the countersignatory in a very small number of cases.

sackcy
Newly Registered

Post by sackcy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:27 am

Jambo, I had applied for my son's pp application and when I called them on their advice line, they told me they have sent a letter to the counter-signatory. Now it has been 4 days my counter-signatory has not got any letter yet. Does the 2nd class post takes that long?
And suppose we get the letter by tomorrow what would they ask in the letter?
Thanks