ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

THE RIGHTS OF EEA2 TO STUDY IN UK UNIVERSITY

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hazel
Newly Registered

Post by hazel » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:02 am

Greenie wrote:
hazel wrote:
maviesk wrote:The 3 year residence requirement is for EVERYONE when it comes to home fees, even British students.. You have to have been resident in the UK or another EU state in the 3 years before you start your course. The only exception I know of is for Turkish children of parents working in the UK under the Ankara agreement, they must have been resident in any EU country or Turkey.
i came to UK on 12 july 2009 on student visa and i completed my college diploma in july 2011, meanwhile i got engaged with European girl and then we got married this year in may and i have received my residency card (eea2) on 3October 2011. Now i want to study a university course starting in September 2012.
Now my questions are these:
Can i apply for home fees and student finance (means any grants)?
And what is meant by 3years residency requirements?? Am i eligible for 3years residency because i came to this country on 12 July 2009 and on 12 july 2012 i will complete my 3years in uk.
please help me. I am very worried.
how is your wife exercising her treaty rights in the UK?
Last edited by hazel on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:01 pm

hazel
Newly Registered

Post by hazel » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:37 pm

i came to UK on 12 july 2009 on student visa and i completed my college diploma in july 2011, meanwhile i got engaged with European girl and then we got married this year in may 2011 and i have received my residency card (eea2) on 3October 2011. Now i want to study a university course starting in September 2012.
And what is meant by 3years residency requirements?? Am i eligible for 3years residency because i came to this country on 12 July 2009 on student visa that ended 30 November 2011 so do i complete my 3years residency in the UK on the basis of my 2years stay on student visa and 1 year as spouse (EEA2 residency card) of eu national who has been exercising treaty rights .

hazel
Newly Registered

Post by hazel » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:41 pm

hazel wrote:
Greenie wrote:
hazel wrote:
maviesk wrote:The 3 year residence requirement is for EVERYONE when it comes to home fees, even British students.. You have to have been resident in the UK or another EU state in the 3 years before you start your course. The only exception I know of is for Turkish children of parents working in the UK under the Ankara agreement, they must have been resident in any EU country or Turkey.
i came to UK on 12 july 2009 on student visa and i completed my college diploma in july 2011, meanwhile i got engaged with European girl and then we got married this year in may and i have received my residency card (eea2) on 3October 2011. Now i want to study a university course starting in September 2012.
And what is meant by 3years residency requirements?? Am i eligible for 3years residency because i came to this country on 12 July 2009 and on 12 july 2012 i will complete my 3years in uk.
how is your wife exercising her treaty rights in the UK?
yes, she is exercising her treaty rights in the uk as a full time employment and her annual income is less than £12,000 a year and we have got one kid as well..
Can i apply for student finance because i can not afford fees? And what about 3years residency in uk before you apply to university as home students because i came to uk in may 2009 and i will complete my 3years next year may 2012 on the basis of my 2years student visa stay and 1 year as spouse of eu national and i want to apply for a course starting next year sep 2012. Please help.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:57 pm

Please take the time to click on the links in my post above and read through the relevent information where you will find answers to your questions.

hazel
Newly Registered

Post by hazel » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Greenie wrote:Please take the time to click on the links in my post above and read through the relevent information where you will find answers to your questions.
According to your links you asked me to read,it does mean that if you have been in full time education then your those years would not count towards 3years residency card so it mean my 2 years study visa stay would not count towards my 3years residency in the UK. But in this topic if you see the first page a lot of people are saying they have paid home fees immediately after they got eea2 residency card?
I don't get this condition when i have same rights as EU national then why can't i pay home fees????
I am very confused.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:32 pm

You need to read through all of the categories. Family member of an Eea worker does not require that the main purpose of your residence was not to receive full time education.

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:06 am

pinkpanter Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:55 pm Post subject: Re: THE RIGHTS OF EEA2 TO STUDY IN UK UNIVERSITY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kafi wrote:
CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ABOUT THE STUDYING IN UK UNIVERSITY AS A FAMILY MEMBER OF EU NATIONAL WHO IS WORKING HERE FOR TWO YEARS ,

---- CAN EEA2 GET THE HOME STATUS FOR TUITION FEES

OR

----- CAN EEA2 GET THE GOVT. GRANT & FINANCE FOR THE DEGREE COURSE..

PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS....

MANY MANY THANKS......

Please see bleow. As a family memeber of EEA national, you should be consider as a home student. I have a RC status and have paid home fee.

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/info_s ... e_overseas
As I said in my previous post that as a family member of an eea, you have a same right as an EEA. I have finished my Masters from one the well know Uni (Queens Marry) in London. Initially they refused to accept me as home student, but I sent an email to faculity department with copies of my RC status, Marriage cirtificate, EEA passport copy and personally take the above documents (EEA rights) to the fees and faculty department and later they accept me as a home student.