ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR 6 months over but no answer

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

knapps
Member of Standing

PR 6 months over but no answer

Post by knapps » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi Guys,
It has been more than 6 months on my PR application. No answer yet. I contacted solvit they said it is a breach of EU directive.

Any suggestions. Also, my EU wife is in intensive care due operations and I am with her in Czech republic for few weeks. We both live in Ireland just u know.

She may not be able to travel for at least 4 months due to health risks as sergons suggested. They are willing to provide me letter.

How can i get my card without her with me in Ireland? any suggestions

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:29 am

when is your residence card expiry.i think you should write them letter mention them time frame etc etc

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:55 am

You better send an email reminding their obligation to respond by six months.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:04 am

I have residence card until May, 2012 due to for the first 2 years i got it renewed without EU1 form . So, I am ok but I sent them email but no response yet from them

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Do you have anyone to open your post for you? They do not always reply to emails but your email to them may have prompted them to write to you by letter or issue your decision letter.

You should write them a registered letter stating that they have a legal obligation to give you a decision within 6 months. You should also include in the letter the timeframe in which you will return to Ireland and the reason why you are not in Ireland and attach the letters from the doctors also. At least that way you are letting them know, and hopefully you can be accomodated when you return to get your permanent residence card.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:29 pm

if you still have your permission till may 2012, can you go to renew your stamp when your wife is back in ireland after her operation?
your decision letter would be posted to your address, unless you asked for it to be send to your work address or something. did you have a solicitor? in that case, your solicitor would be notified.
when was your decision due? exactly... maybe the letter is still on its way.
by the way, if the registered letter is not collected from the post office, it would be returned to the EUTR section, and reissued later.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:34 am

It was an urgent matter. I had to fly due to her operation. I notified INIS and they sen tme email to confirm that they will send me decision to my work address where all mails are signed for. It is usual practice in my company.

Doctors gave me letter she can not travel as she is in intensive care after 3 operations. It is serious case. She will go for further 2 opertaions over the course of 6 months and wont be able to travel.

I will return to Ireland in Two weeks i think once she is stable. I have informed Solvit both in CR and IRL and they are aware alongwith INIS.

There has to be a way for me to get a card without her as she is not medically fit to travel back to Irl.

6 months time frame ended on 24th of Nov and still no letter has been sent. I know I am entitled to get PR under EU directive as both me and my wife have been married for more than 5 years . She lived in Ireland with me for 5 years with an absence due to her madical condition.

I will update you if i hear anything back from Solvit as meantime they are liaising with INIS

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:41 pm

If you have PR, then your stay in Ireland is no longer dependent on the continued residence or working of your EU citizen family member.

The PR card is just a confirmation of the PR that you either have or do not have.

Does the Irish government require the EU citizen to come with you when you pick up your PR card?

And more important than immigration: Best wishes to your wife: I hope she recovers smoothly and well.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:05 pm

What I was issued at first was LTR card for 5 years and yes we both had to attend the local office.

Now, after 5 year i had to apply for PR which is issued for 10 Years.
Parallerly, I also applied for Irish natinalitc 6 months ago whic is under process.

I recently bought a business in Ireland as well where I currently have 5 jobs which i am providing in Ireland besides me working full time.

I am not sure why they have not sent the decision yet to my company as the had to within 6 months.

If my wife has to go wtih me again for PR card, that would not be possible for her due to her medical condition. I will have to fight for it I guess.

Thank you for best wishes for my wife health...I visit her every day in the hospital.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:27 pm

I am confused.

What exactly have you applied for now?
And why do you think your wife has to be involved?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:25 pm

is it possible that the decision letter was automatically issued to your home address instead of the company's address?

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:43 pm

I am not sure why you are confused.

Based on marriage to an EU citiyen you get a 5 years card under EU 1.
Then after 5 years you apply for permanent residence card. Which is issued for 10 years.

Hope that clarifies . It is under EU directive.

Besides, after having lived 5 years I alos applied for Irish citenzhip.

The letter has not been issued yet as I left the key with my friend to keep an eye.

samchoopra

hi

Post by samchoopra » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:27 pm

any one here applied for pr eu3.what is the average time the inis will keep the documents.will they really send with in 4 weeks.any one around get his docs with in 4 weeks...i applied its 2 weeks now waiting my docs to be back thanks if some one will reply.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:32 pm

yes, they send in 6 weeks back..if u need early u have to write

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:34 pm

thanks for ur answer but i thinks its not 6 its 4 they write in the form

samchoopra

hi

Post by samchoopra » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:41 pm

there is no difference between eu3 form and eu1 except the duration of visa been issued.in both cases the applicant and his wife will have to be together to receive gnib card.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:13 am

yes, my problem is my wife is in the hospital on medical ground she is absence from Ireland. I am back to Ireland in couple of weeks.

There has to be some legal way for me to go and get my PR card. Doctors have given clear instruction that she can not travel for at least 8 or 9 months.

What do I have to do? do i have to get a lawyer or get Solvit or EU court involved here. This could be a precedence case.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:32 am

Sent my brother to collect the letter as they sent to my home address instead and I am in Czech as you all know.

Good news that my application of PR has been approved. So, when I go back i have to figure it out how i can get the card.

There is no way my wife who is in hospital can travel. She is seriously ill.

Pray for me guys..

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:46 am

maybe if you present the letters from the hospital and other original documents to your immigration officer, your permission will be renewed...

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:38 am

I think you have a good chance to get the card without your wife.

In fact I would refused to take my wife if I were picking up my card.

It is just simply illegal what they are asking for.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:35 pm

congrats mate for pr.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:42 pm

well what do you mean illegal. This PR is based on my relationship with my wife. So, i think it is standard of them to ask.

I will bring the letters from hospital with me and see what they say. I will inform you in due course.

At the moment I am worried about my wife. Hope she feels better soon.

Thank you for your support which I need.