ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Security Clearance for a Bank Job in London

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anonymous26
Newly Registered

Security Clearance for a Bank Job in London

Post by Anonymous26 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi Friends,

I have got a job offer from a leading bank in London. However, they have asked me to obtain security clearance before starting this new role.

As a part of the verification process, I need to submit Proof of address for the last 3 years ( as I am in UK only for the last 3 years ) .. which could be Bank Statement / Rental Contract Agreement.

I do have the above docs only for the Current address where I am staying now and the previous residence prior to the current one.
And, my credit history is good.

Unfortunately, I donot have any rental agreement / bank statement for the previous ones where I stayed in different places in UK in the last 2 years, and its highly impossible for me to get the same.

Does anyone have any idea whether this is going to be an issue for my security clearance ?

Any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Try walking in your bank and ask for statements for that period. Banks keep record for atleast 6 years.
If they can't do it, ask your previous employer to print duplicate salary slips
You can also try contacting your previous agent to request a duplicate of rental agreement. They will charge you some money, but they should have a copy.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:56 pm

This is a forum for immigration discussion and you are asking for specific information about the policy and processes of an unnamed entity with regard to a matter that is not related to immigration. You need to speak to that entity to know what documentation is appropriate.

weiser

Post by weiser » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:07 pm

It depends on what level of security clearance.

There is the basic security clearance which is proofing your address and previous work placements, credit checks, criminal record checks etc. Most companies make the employee go through this and including Banks. This is what is most likely what your Banks wants you to go through. Some ask for 3 yrs or 5 yr history.

Then there is the home office clearance which is split into 2.

Baseline basically the same as above. Then there is the home office clearance which can go back back as your childhood.