ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Innersource
Newly Registered

Post by Innersource » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:12 pm

I am open to respond any question in case someone resonates with my situation...

Endure to the End....

NasEEA2
Newly Registered

Any September Applicants?

Post by NasEEA2 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:00 am

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has received her/his RC recently? I applied as an unmarried partner of a British citizen on the 1st of September but still have not received my RC. Is it possible to contact the UKBA and ask about the status of the application?

comradekate
Newly Registered

@ NasEEA2

Post by comradekate » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has received her/his RC recently? I applied as an unmarried partner of a British citizen on the 1st of September but still have not received my RC. Is it possible to contact the UKBA and ask about the status of the application?
UKBA will only tell you about the status of your application once it's passed 6 months. Before that, you can ask all you want, but they won't give you an answer. For example, I've just passed the 3 1/2 months mark myself, and was on the phone with them about my passport today and asked about whether or not they could tell me if a decision has been made on my file. The answer: No.

Also, August's applications are still coming through, with the odd September one as well, so it could be another few weeks before your card arrives. The general consensus seems to be 3-4 months is the average waiting time, with delivery taking up to 5 months.

Cheers!

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Does anyone think that if we were to include a pre-paid post envelope they would send us the RC and passport back sooner?
Laroccamom
Don't ask for an easier life, ask to be a stronger person.

EEA1 &EEA2 mailed: 28/11/2011
Received by HO: 29/11/2011
Residence Certificate Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse COA Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse RC Received: 1/3/2012

comradekate
Newly Registered

Post by comradekate » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:05 pm

LAROCCAMOM wrote:Does anyone think that if we were to include a pre-paid post envelope they would send us the RC and passport back sooner?
I did, yet witness the lack of RC or, as I would settle for at this point, my passport. And I believe on the application instructions, they suggest including a pre-paid, addressed envelope.

I'm beginning to think I should have sent mine in with maple syrup, bacon, and some Canadian Club.

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:11 pm

Great! I didn't include one!!!!!! Is that going to be a problem? I missed that!
Laroccamom

comradekate
Newly Registered

Post by comradekate » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:55 pm

LAROCCAMOM wrote:Great! I didn't include one!!!!!! Is that going to be a problem? I missed that!
It just means that if and when they send your documents and/or RC, it'll be by 2nd class post rather than as registered mail. I think that means it takes a bit longer and no one will have to sign for it, but I could be wrong there.

NasEEA2
Newly Registered

Re: @ NasEEA2

Post by NasEEA2 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:36 am

comradekate wrote:
Hi everyone,
UKBA will only tell you about the status of your application once it's passed 6 months. Before that, you can ask all you want, but they won't give you an answer. For example, I've just passed the 3 1/2 months mark myself, and was on the phone with them about my passport today and asked about whether or not they could tell me if a decision has been made on my file. The answer: No.

Also, August's applications are still coming through, with the odd September one as well, so it could be another few weeks before your card arrives. The general consensus seems to be 3-4 months is the average waiting time, with delivery taking up to 5 months.

Cheers!

Oh good to know. I won't call them then. I have included a pre-paid envelope and I keep tracking it but still no news...

NasEEA2
Newly Registered

RC received!!!

Post by NasEEA2 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:44 pm

I finally received my RC yesterday!!! The strange thing is that the UKBA did not use the pre-paid envelope that I had sent with my application.

My timeline:

Application sent: 31 August 2011
UKBA received the application: 1 September 2011
COA received: 1 October
RC received 30 November 2011 (dated 28 October)

FYI, I applied as an unmarried partner of a British citizen returning to the UK.

Good luck everyone :)

comradekate
Newly Registered

Re: RC received!!!

Post by comradekate » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:14 pm

NasEEA2 wrote:I finally received my RC yesterday!!! The strange thing is that the UKBA did not use the pre-paid envelope that I had sent with my application.

My timeline:

Application sent: 31 August 2011
UKBA received the application: 1 September 2011
COA received: 1 October
RC received 30 November 2011 (dated 28 October)

FYI, I applied as an unmarried partner of a British citizen returning to the UK.

Good luck everyone :)
Congrats! I think my file might have fallen by the wayside, but calling from my passport seems to have spurred them into action. I phoned (for the third time) to find out if my passport had been sent yet, and the fellow said something had been sent out today. And like you, they didn't use the envelope I supplied. Bizarre. I mean, what's the point of getting us to include an envelope if they're not going to use it?

Ikonkar
India

NO COA

Post by Ikonkar » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:00 am

Hi All,

I was just wondering if someone is sailing on the same boat, I applied for my EEA2 residence card on the 10th Nov(HO received the application). I phoned them up this morning checking the progess of my COA and until now my application is still not validated yet, she said '' I can see your file on the system and it is in process, I can't give you the exact details as to how long it will take for them to send you the COA!!. I know I'm getting bit impatient... I guess I just have to wait.......

Felt like sharing my experience. that's all....

Thanks

I.M.Possible
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2

Post by I.M.Possible » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:49 am

has anyone from August received RC yet, i have done everything asked for passport back, called home office and finally at the end found out that the application is still outstanding. Cant wait any more , can not go to work, because do not have a valid visa now , stuck in this situation GOD help me and the others waiting , this waiting time is sucking happiness out of me little by little. not happy , cant even play the badminton international tournament now. so sad...

lmuee08 wrote:
I.M.Possible wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been reading this forum for about a month now. Has helped a lot. here is my time line

Applied for eea 2 18/08/2011
Coa received---12/09/2011
asked for passport back 10/11/11
received the passport back on 17/11/11

But still no RC. Do not know what to do .
This is terrible. They could have issued it as it is almost reach the 3 months mark. I remember read somewhere in their caseworker instruction that they give priority to applications over 3 months old.
:( :( :( :(

comradekate
Newly Registered

Post by comradekate » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:53 pm

I.M.Possible wrote:has anyone from August received RC yet, i have done everything asked for passport back, called home office and finally at the end found out that the application is still outstanding. Cant wait any more , can not go to work, because do not have a valid visa now , stuck in this situation GOD help me and the others waiting , this waiting time is sucking happiness out of me little by little. not happy , cant even play the badminton international tournament now. so sad...
:( :( :( :([/quote]

Have you received your COA yet? You should be able to work with only your COA, provided your COA states that you can. And once you get your passport back, provide you're not from a visa country, you can travel in and out with your COA. Or so said the person at UKBA when I phoned up the other day.

I'm in a similar situation. When I phoned up for my passport (the 2nd time), I asked "I suppose there's no way you can tell me the status of my application", to which the person replied "there's no decision noted on your file yet". This would have been at the 3 1/2 month mark. Perhaps there was a deluge of August applications and the UKBA is still crawling out from underneath?

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:05 pm

hi my friend also requested his passport today.They told him it will take 5 working days to come he applied on 12 September 2011 and he is due to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence so just in case in order to secure his passport he requested his passport back i hope he should receive his passport by the end of this month.he is due to apply for ILR in feburary 2012.
i hope he should receive his passport with his RC.
SAMEER

comradekate
Newly Registered

still waiting

Post by comradekate » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm starting a list of things that have arrived faster than my passport and/or RC:

- the yarn I ordered online on Wednesday
- Autumn
- WINTER!
- mail from Canada

Keeping my fingers crossed for Monday's mail!

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:01 am

This is very funny, but to be fair Winter is not here yet (21/12)...hopefully you won't have to wait until then!
Laroccamom

comradekate
Newly Registered

Post by comradekate » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:15 pm

LAROCCAMOM wrote:This is very funny, but to be fair Winter is not here yet (21/12)...hopefully you won't have to wait until then!
Ack! You're right! I blame my cold-addled brain. That being said, if my RC arrives before Dec 21st, I'll be very surprised. After all, as of late November, there was no decision on my file yet.

comradekate
Newly Registered

SUCCESS!

Post by comradekate » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:04 pm

My passport arrived this morning! In fact, everything did. All our documents, identification, and certificates arrived in the 2nd class post (although I'd sent a first class, next-day envelope in the application package, but perhaps they didn't think it was big enough) 4 days after leaving the Liverpool offices.

My RC is dated October 14th, which is funny because when I asked in late November if they knew anything about my file, the person said that they couldn't see any decision on my file. Either that's the standard answer, or perhaps only some officials have access to decision information.

Anyway, my timeline looks like this:
Applied 9 August 2011
Received 10 August 2011
COA 16 August 2011
Requested passport return 22 November 2011
Passport arrived 5 December 2011 with RC dated 14 October 2011

I hate to think how much longer it would've taken had I not requested my passport back. A month and a half just sitting in the office? Bizarre.

Good luck to all of you still waiting!

lmuee08

Re: SUCCESS!

Post by lmuee08 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Congratulations!!!

It is actually quite upsetting that the HO takes so long between issuing and sending the documents back. Don't they realise that how people can easily get into depression because of their incompentancy?

comradekate wrote:My passport arrived this morning! In fact, everything did. All our documents, identification, and certificates arrived in the 2nd class post (although I'd sent a first class, next-day envelope in the application package, but perhaps they didn't think it was big enough) 4 days after leaving the Liverpool offices.

My RC is dated October 14th, which is funny because when I asked in late November if they knew anything about my file, the person said that they couldn't see any decision on my file. Either that's the standard answer, or perhaps only some officials have access to decision information.

Anyway, my timeline looks like this:
Applied 9 August 2011
Received 10 August 2011
COA 16 August 2011
Requested passport return 22 November 2011
Passport arrived 5 December 2011 with RC dated 14 October 2011

I hate to think how much longer it would've taken had I not requested my passport back. A month and a half just sitting in the office? Bizarre.

Good luck to all of you still waiting!

comradekate
Newly Registered

Post by comradekate » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:47 pm

lmuee08 wrote:Congratulations!!!

It is actually quite upsetting that the HO takes so long between issuing and sending the documents back. Don't they realise that how people can easily get into depression because of their incompentancy?
I don't think it's just us folks who apply for EEA2. I've heard some horror stories from locals regarding getting their passports renewed (some have been "lost", some have taken months upon months), so I think the problem is probably more systemic.

Still, I'm just shy of the 4 month mark and I've my RC in hand. A significant improvement from the previous year's waiting period. But had there been a family emergency back in Canada, I wouldn't've been able to go. It's bit like being held hostage by bureaucracy.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:24 pm

congratulations comradekate!

Has anyone who applied in Sept had their RC come through?

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:41 pm

comradekate wrote:
lmuee08 wrote:Congratulations!!!

I don't think it's just us folks who apply for EEA2. I've heard some horror stories from locals regarding getting their passports renewed (some have been "lost", some have taken months upon months), so I think the problem is probably more systemic.

Still, I'm just shy of the 4 month mark and I've my RC in hand. A significant improvement from the previous year's waiting period. But had there been a family emergency back in Canada, I wouldn't've been able to go. It's bit like being held hostage by bureaucracy.
congratulations mate that's of course a good news for you.I will be thankful if someone could guide me if we request for our passport back from HO what would happen next if they send us our passport without RC do we still need to send it back to HO for RC for decision or we can keep it.thanks
my friend applied on 12th september he request HO to return his passport on 01/12/11 so may be he would receive his passport with RC(Applied for RC on the basis of retention of Rights).
SAMEER

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:53 pm

I got my passport with my RC!! I’m soo happy! My solicitor called me and said that she received everything today 
I am really really surprised at the timing as well - exactly 2 months and I didn’t even call home office!

Applied: 6 Oct
COA – 5 November
Received: 6 December 2011

I don’t know when the RC was dated as I need to pick up my documents my solicitor.

My advice: if you can afford it, get a solicitor to apply for you. I’ve applied for the working holiday, work permit and Tier 1 by myself and it was STRESSFUL! (esp the Tier 1 visa application). However, this time, I decided to go with a solicitor for my EEA2. It made the whole process so much simpler, and I have to say this is the most stress-FREE visa experience I’ve ever had  It was expensive but really worth every cent.

Good luck everyone.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:19 pm

My solicitor just sent me a scan of my RC and it got approved on the 25th Nov. So my visa got approved in 7 weeks and 1 day.

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:57 pm

JESSIES wrote:My solicitor just sent me a scan of my RC and it got approved on the 25th Nov. So my visa got approved in 7 weeks and 1 day.
Congratulation
SAMEER