ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New passport and EEA2 transfer

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

meir14

New passport and EEA2 transfer

Post by meir14 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:47 am

Hi,

My passport expired and I got a new passport from my country's embassy in London. There is my EEA2 in my expired passport.

Do I have to apply EEA2 again to be transferred to my new passport?

Or can I travel by carrying both old and new passports?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:48 am

No need to transfer the RC. Just travel with both passports.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:07 am

If you want your RC in your passport, you would need to make a new application.

You will be allowed to travel with RC in expired passport. You may encounter some problems with airline staff. You'll just need to stand your ground.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:42 pm

HI

Can you tell me where you got the information that you DON"T need to transfer the EEA2 to a new passport? My EEA2 visa, which got approved today, was stuck on the very last page of my passport. So now I need to apply for a new passport this week.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:42 pm

It used to say so in the EU section on UKBA website but with the new format of the site, they just say:
How to transfer your immigration status to your passport wrote:If you have an immigration status document, or your endorsement is in an old passport which has expired, you can apply for us to transfer your immigration status to your (new) passport. You must complete and send us a new application form with all the necessary supporting evidence. You will also need to send us your old passport containing the original vignette, or your immigration status document.
You need to read between the lines. Basically it means that you can transfer the RC if you wish but that means a complete new application. However, you don't have to.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:15 pm

...'apply with a new application form, with all the supporting document'.... AND potentially wait for a non-specified amount of time? No thanks

I think i will take the risk of having my EEA2 visa on an expired passport

Victoriajam

Post by Victoriajam » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:40 pm

What about if we have the RC as Immigration Status Document and had to get a new passport? Do we need to inform the HO and can we still travel?
Cheers

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:00 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:If you want your RC in your passport, you would need to make a new application.

You will be allowed to travel with RC in expired passport. You may encounter some problems with airline staff. You'll just need to stand your ground.
I've been on this situation for almost 5 years (RC in an expired passport) and never faced any issues with any airline. They are pretty used with it. The RC is a document on itself. The fact that it was fixed on your passport doesn't vinculate its validity to the passport itself.