ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR non continous work issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srinuuuuu
Newly Registered

ILR non continous work issue

Post by srinuuuuu » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi All,
I am on HSMP (2Years) + Tier1 (G) (3Years). I am planning to apply for ILR in February.

In my tenure I have been working on fixed term contracts through agencies from whom I get paid. If they have work I will work or else I will be on their pay roll with some minimum payment. So I may get paid a lot one quarter and quite less another quarter. Apologies for the long story but thought it was necessary to understand.

When there was no contract I travelled thrice to home country for 56 days and 88 days and 20 days where I nearly escaped the 90 days continuous criteria and 180 days in total criteria.

1. Sorry for my ignorance, but will we be asked to provide Letter from employer even if the absences are 88 days continuous but was not paid? However I was on the pay roll with some minimum payment.

2. If I am on HSMP (2years) +Tier-1(General) (3Years), is it mandatory that I should be working continuously for all 5 years? I mean I had few gaps for 1 or 2 months about 3 times as I was getting all fixed term contract jobs. Do I have to provide P60’s for all the 5 years even if I was paid a minimum amount for one or two years?

3. The good thing is that I am employed permanently from last 9 months and I get enough points with last 9 payments. Although I was paid peanuts for the rest 3 months prior to this employment, I am planning to exclude them to avoid any confusion. Is it alright to claim like that?

I am Sorry if my questions seem to be stupid, but please advice.

ilrtier1

Re: ILR non continous work issue

Post by ilrtier1 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:01 pm

I dont think it would be a problem if you have got payslips eventhough with minimum salary.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:01 pm

cannot see any problem as long as you have enough salary points.