ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2: basic requeriments

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jrge

EEA2: basic requeriments

Post by jrge » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:49 am

Hello everybody...! I'm back.

After a long delay I've finally landed in the UK. It's quite different, but so far I like it.

I am going to apply for my RC today, and am fully aware this could take up to 6 months. Nonetheless, I would like to hear from your experience, what supporting documents I need to enclose with the application.

These are the documents we sent in order to apply for my family permit:

* My Passport
* A certified copy of my wife's passport
* Certified copy of marriage certificate
* 2 Pictures
* Copy of my wife payslip (THIS WASN'T NECESSARY FOR THAT MATTER)

We are aware this time she must include a payslip. Could any of you kindly help me out with this? Whatelse could or should be included?

Thank you!
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

comradekate
Newly Registered

Post by comradekate » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:02 am

As I understood the EEA2 guidance directions, certified copies of passports and certificates will not be sufficient proof. You'll have to send in originals this time. And yes, the wait to get your passport back is ridiculous.

For documentation, I sent in my passport, my marriage certificate, my birth certificate, a letter from my husband's employer, his work contract, recent payslips and his national ID card (he needed his passport for travel). The employer letter, contract, and payslips are, I think, pretty important in order to establish that I'm here under his EU treaty rights.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi

I just got my EEA2 RC. We submitted a certified copy of my partner's passport because he needs it for his work and it was fine. My passport was original though.

You should also include statements from friends and family, lots of family photos, evidence that you have travelled together, bank statements, mortgage documents, joint wedding invitations, etc as additional support. But this is all on the UKBA website

Make sure you keep a certified copy of both passports so you can show it to employers, etc.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Oh, but i forgot to mention that we supplied a certified copy of my partner's visa along with his ORIGINAL french ID card.