ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Miu
Newly Registered

Post by Miu » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:19 pm

burtsbee wrote:Hi everyone
I have checked my passport progress online and got an email that my interview invitation letter has been sent today. I read somewhere on this forum that you do not need to wait for the letter to book the interview, just phone IPS to get a reference number and you're good to book your interview. Now, I phoned IPS, the lady said no, you have to wait for the letter. So I asked if she can give me the reference number, she said no. I asked if this is a new thing because in the past it was different. Oh, yes, we had a change of policy recently, bla bla bla! Don't get me wrong, she was nice and all. Just wondering whether anyone maybe might have had a bit more luck than me and got a different answer? Thank you all for all the valuable information here, I wouldn't be without it. :wink:
Burtsbee, I am waiting for the letter too. when did you send them ur docs? just wanna weigh my chances of getting passport before xmas...

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Post by burtsbee » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi Miu

I sent mine on 16th Nov, they received it on 17th, money was taken on the 18th. My invitation was sent yesterday (30th) via second class. I am getting more and more impatient LOL :roll: :roll: :roll: When did you send yours?

abdallah16
Newly Registered

Post by abdallah16 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:15 pm

[quote="burtsbee"]Hi Miu

I sent mine on 16th Nov, they received it on 17th, money was taken on the 18th. My invitation was sent yesterday (30th) via second class. I am getting more and more impatient LOL :roll: :roll: :roll: When did you send yours?[/qu
Hello i submited my ať 01/08/2011 still waiting and.waiting

osteophytes

Re: general discussion

Post by osteophytes » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Got my passport today. Finally the last step done. Thanks to the moderators and other contributors in this forum

fev

Post by fev » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:55 am

I got my approval yesterday!!!! :D
I called the Council today but they said that they hadn't booked me in their system yet therefore I can't have my ceremony booked and I have to call back on Monday to try again. That's a bit off.
Did anyone have the same situation with Council?

Miu
Newly Registered

Post by Miu » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:12 am

burtsbee wrote:Hi Miu

I sent mine on 16th Nov, they received it on 17th, money was taken on the 18th. My invitation was sent yesterday (30th) via second class. I am getting more and more impatient LOL :roll: :roll: :roll: When did you send yours?
I only sent mine on Nov 29th but being very impatient too. Worried that xmas fuss will affect me getting it quick!!

abdallah16, we were talking about passport applications, not citizenship ones. I applied same as u, on July 31st. Got approval just over a week ago. I am SURE you'll get yours any day now! Stay positive!

abdallah16
Newly Registered

Post by abdallah16 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:24 pm

Miu wrote:
burtsbee wrote:Hi Miu

I only sent mine on Nov 29th but being very impatient too. Worried that xmas fuss will affect me getting it quick!!

abdallah16, we were talking about passport applications, not citizenship ones. I minapplied same as u, on July 31st. Got approval just over a week ago. I am SURE you'll get yours any day now! Stay positive!
Miu i know You talking for app passport.and is easy way and.Not hard like app bc.so stát positiv as.well and make sure be patient very patient is také about 4 week to get Your document back

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Post by burtsbee » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:59 pm

I got my interview letter today woohoo! Rang the number to book it and....prepare yourself people.....dum dum.. dummm....

No slots available within the next 2 weeks!!!!!! Hmmmmmmm... :evil:
They can only book up to 2 weeks ahead so the man told me to ring back again tomorrow, well I'll be sure to have my finger on redial at 9am sharp tomorrow morning. Will even set the alarm so I don't oversleep. Can you believe this? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

poshandbecks1
Newly Registered

Post by poshandbecks1 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:15 am

Got my Passport yesterday, I want to thank the moderators and members of the group. I don't know what I would have done without this forum. Best of luck to all those still waiting.....

Miu
Newly Registered

Post by Miu » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:22 am

burtsbee wrote:I got my interview letter today woohoo! Rang the number to book it and....prepare yourself people.....dum dum.. dummm....

No slots available within the next 2 weeks!!!!!! Hmmmmmmm... :evil:
They can only book up to 2 weeks ahead so the man told me to ring back again tomorrow, well I'll be sure to have my finger on redial at 9am sharp tomorrow morning. Will even set the alarm so I don't oversleep. Can you believe this? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
No waaaaaaaaaaay!! so getting passport before xmas is out of the question for me.... :( hey,is there only 1 place for interviews? or does each borough have one? if so I might still have chances...Burtsbee, where is ur interview gonna be?

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Post by burtsbee » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:14 am

Miu, there's not just one office, there's a few. Have a look here:
http://maps.direct.gov.uk/LDGRedirect/M ... iewoffices

I actually rang this morning, just now and someone must have cancelled, I got one for 12th December, so it's just over a week. The man said if everything goes well, I should receive my passport 5-7 days after the interview. But when I looked at the timeline thread here, people get theirs like 2 days after the interview. Don't worry Miu, you should be fine to get yours in time for christmas, just be sure you ring their number 0300 222 1000 first thing when they open their lines. Good luck and keep us posted! :)

Miu
Newly Registered

Post by Miu » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:53 pm

burtsbee wrote:Miu, there's not just one office, there's a few. Have a look here:
http://maps.direct.gov.uk/LDGRedirect/M ... iewoffices

I actually rang this morning, just now and someone must have cancelled, I got one for 12th December, so it's just over a week. The man said if everything goes well, I should receive my passport 5-7 days after the interview. But when I looked at the timeline thread here, people get theirs like 2 days after the interview. Don't worry Miu, you should be fine to get yours in time for christmas, just be sure you ring their number 0300 222 1000 first thing when they open their lines. Good luck and keep us posted! :)
Really appreciate ur advice!!!
I still have to wait for the interview letter... Then I'll try fitting into the lucky spot before xmas hopefully.... U r right about the 2 days, thats how most people get it,not 5-7 days! they r only saying that to be on the safe side, same as a "6-months" song about naturalisation. But to be honest, xmas holidays is not the best time to receive urgent mail :)
Anyway. We r done with the hardest waiting part!
Once again, good luck to all those who r hoping to receive their approvals before Christmas!!!

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Post by burtsbee » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:56 am

My wait has been so much better knowing that we are all in this together, I hope HO will try to clear all the cases before the end of this year and all of you will get the good news as a perfect christmas gift!

abdallah16
Newly Registered

Post by abdallah16 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:30 pm

hi all i submited my app at 01/08/2011 till now waiting waiting
any one before this date
thanks

yahyaj
Newly Registered

Post by yahyaj » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:13 am

I applied on 26th July and still waiting.

kph100
Newly Registered

Cermony in january

Post by kph100 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi

My wife applied on 30th August, received acceptance on 3rd December, letter dated 24th November.
Next available ceremony for Gloucester is on 19th January, so only the passport then.

abdallah16
Newly Registered

Post by abdallah16 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:49 pm

yippeeee
brown enveloppe ,im pleased to tell you that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ect approved approved

thanks for everyone here ,and ggood luck to whp still waiting

Miu
Newly Registered

Post by Miu » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:17 pm

abdallah16 wrote:yippeeee
brown enveloppe ,im pleased to tell you that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ect approved approved

thanks for everyone here ,and ggood luck to whp still waiting
Congrats!!! I told u yours was on the way!!! :) Celebrate and enjoy!! :)

TahirMahmood
Newly Registered

Post by TahirMahmood » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Got my approval today after 7 months and 20 days...:) a big wait eneded fruitfully...see my time lines in processing timeline thread...:)

Miu
Newly Registered

Post by Miu » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:57 pm

TahirMahmood wrote:Got my approval today after 7 months and 20 days...:) a big wait eneded fruitfully...see my time lines in processing timeline thread...:)
W.O.W.!!!!! almost 8 months??... You must feel soooo relieved!!! Consider it ur xmas present from HO :) Big big congrats!!!

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Congrats that is a long wait as compared to others.....

Looks like Tier Systems and WP are getting their responses quickly as compared to Spouse of BC category. I applied for my wife on 09 September 2011, after Ack letter no word as of yet......
Miu wrote:
TahirMahmood wrote:Got my approval today after 7 months and 20 days...:) a big wait eneded fruitfully...see my time lines in processing timeline thread...:)
W.O.W.!!!!! almost 8 months??... You must feel soooo relieved!!! Consider it ur xmas present from HO :) Big big congrats!!!

ex-immigrant
Newly Registered

Passport interview

Post by ex-immigrant » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi guys,
RE Passport interviews : London nothing available in next 2 weeks, anyone wants urgent should go for Newport office next day appointment availability or Peterbrough office within 3 to 4 days availabiliy.

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi all i have got a question regarding my british passport.

I applied for my british passport yesterday but i think i have made a mistake.My countersignTory is a trainee solicitor at a well known firm but she forgot to fill in the section where it says that how do you know the applicant she is my friend and known me for 2 years and her solicitor firm is also dealing with my brothers case she even gave the address for where she works but while checking the application form the lady at the post office asked me that how do you know her i didnt get her question and then she said oh shes a solicitor so you are her client i said yes but shes my friend aswell but she wrote client now i am worried because my friend has just started working as a trainee after finishing her degree so she still doesnt deal with the solicitor firm's clients.do you think that would be a problem for me. I called ips to find out if a trainee solicitor can sign my form and they said yes but i am really worried about the client part.please help

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:49 pm

sonya24 wrote:Hi all i have got a question regarding my british passport.

I applied for my british passport yesterday but i think i have made a mistake.My countersignTory is a trainee solicitor at a well known firm but she forgot to fill in the section where it says that how do you know the applicant she is my friend and known me for 2 years and her solicitor firm is also dealing with my brothers case she even gave the address for where she works but while checking the application form the lady at the post office asked me that how do you know her i didnt get her question and then she said oh shes a solicitor so you are her client i said yes but shes my friend aswell but she wrote client now i am worried because my friend has just started working as a trainee after finishing her degree so she still doesnt deal with the solicitor firm's clients.do you think that would be a problem for me. I called ips to find out if a trainee solicitor can sign my form and they said yes but i am really worried about the client part.please help
Hi Sonya24...I think there is nothing to worry about really...if they need more information about how you know the counter signatory they will ask the details or just in case (low probability) they will ask other other person to counter sign...you wont loose the application fee or your application wont be rejected....the worst thing can happen is just few days delay....passport process is not painful as in citizinship so dont worry much about this

Miu
Newly Registered

Re: Passport interview

Post by Miu » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:20 pm

ex-immigrant wrote:Hi guys,
RE Passport interviews : London nothing available in next 2 weeks, anyone wants urgent should go for Newport office next day appointment availability or Peterbrough office within 3 to 4 days availabiliy.
Oh crap. Might consider Newport then.... Thanx for the info!!!