ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When should apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ZCorleone
Newly Registered

ILR Premium earliest date to Apply

Post by ZCorleone » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:16 am

Good morning, I Entered the UK on a WP on 21/02/2007

Can you please advise when is the earliest date I can apply for ILR using the Premium route?

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Premium earliest date to Apply

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:49 am

ZCorleone wrote:Good morning, I Entered the UK on a WP on 21/02/2007

Can you please advise when is the earliest date I can apply for ILR using the Premium route?
Can't tell you with your entry date. It could be six months from your visa valid date.

So give a bit more information for a reply.
The question is... to be or not to be....

ZCorleone
Newly Registered

Post by ZCorleone » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:36 pm

I was on a two Year WP then extended by another Five years WP, I managed to extend the 2nd five years a couple of days before the PBS was implemented. i.e. my Limited leave to remain expires in 2014.
Thanks.
I have been with the same company since I arrived to the UK. Plus I have only been out of the country for four weeks on Holiday during the past five years.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:48 pm

ZCorleone wrote:I was on a two Year WP then extended by another Five years WP, I managed to extend the 2nd five years a couple of days before the PBS was implemented. i.e. my Limited leave to remain expires in 2014.
Thanks.
I have been with the same company since I arrived to the UK. Plus I have only been out of the country for four weeks on Holiday during the past five years.
When is the start date of your first WP? Your ILR will be based on that date. You have again missed that date.

Your ILR date will be 5 years after your first WP date. You can apply 28 days before the fifth year finishes.
The question is... to be or not to be....

geriatrix

Re: ILR Premium earliest date to Apply

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:19 am

ZCorleone wrote:Good morning, I Entered the UK on a WP on 21/02/2007

No earlier than 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your date of entry in the UK as a WP holder.

See also FAQs for ILR - WP/Tier 1/Tier 2/HSMP holders.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!