ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting time after appeal is allowed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Elena Babintseva
Newly Registered

Waiting time after appeal is allowed

Post by Elena Babintseva » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Hi there! I just need your advice or an experience regarding this matter.

ILR appeal was allowed on the 23d of September 2011.The passport sent to the case worker on the 26th of October 2011.I am wondering what the waiting time is or if Home office could keep the passport for longer then 6 months.Also some people are seeking for MP help.Has anyone ever done it?Does it work?

I obviously didn`t count on making any Christmas plans but would like to plan something in new year.

Thanks in advance.

mercy4

Post by mercy4 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:32 pm

Involving MP to some extent works.
Depends on the willingness of MP to help. :roll:
Good luck

Elena Babintseva
Newly Registered

Post by Elena Babintseva » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:46 pm

Thanks Mercy.Does anyone knows about their HO timelines by any chance?

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:07 am

After submission of passport it takes 2-4 weeks.
Are you asking about your partner only or your passport has also been sent to UKBA ?

peppekalle

Re: Waiting time after appeal is allowed

Post by peppekalle » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Elena Babintseva wrote:Hi there! I just need your advice or an experience regarding this matter.

ILR appeal was allowed on the 23d of September 2011.The passport sent to the case worker on the 26th of October 2011.I am wondering what the waiting time is or if Home office could keep the passport for longer then 6 months.Also some people are seeking for MP help.Has anyone ever done it?Does it work?

I obviously didn`t count on making any Christmas plans but would like to plan something in new year.

Thanks in advance.
When my appeal was succesful i had to wait for 3 or 4 months before i decided to involve my MP.

UKBA will be very slow in issuing your ILR (unless you are the lucky few)

Elena Babintseva
Newly Registered

Post by Elena Babintseva » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:04 am

We both send our passports at the same day. Our solicitor told us it would take up to a month which wasn`t believable.That`s really strange because out of everything it is the most simple procedure.The decision has been made already,appeal was allowed.