ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO card for a new born

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pmw456
Newly Registered

PIO card for a new born

Post by pmw456 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi all,

I am in a process of applying for a PIO card for my son (who is 5 weeks old) (at Birmingham, Consulate) . I am currently on ILR visa. I was wondering if we need to provide Notary Affidavit for non- availability of Indian Passport for my son (As my son never had a Indian Passport in past)! The Affidavit will state something along the lines "do solemnly and sincerely declare that we have neither acquired nor applied for Indian or any other than British nationality for our son xxx and do not hold any other travel documents of any description of him." One of my mate's who applied in Edinburgh consulate was asked to produce this. Can you please share your experiences. DO WE REQUIRE TO SUBMIT THIS ?
Thanks in advance,

Pmw

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:45 pm

As far as I know, and I'm assuming that you're submitting all the documents that are asked for i.e Baby's passport, Birth certificate, Parent's passport & photos, there is no need to provide any affidavit. I certainly didn't.

Remember to take photocopies for all the documents as the HCI will definitely ask you for them.

pmw456
Newly Registered

Post by pmw456 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi PG1983,

Many thanks for your advise. Yes, I am submitting all the usual documents, it just unclear about the Notary requirements and I heard this changes with the location where you apply (no consistency). One of mates just applied in Oct 11 at Edinburgh consulate and they asked him to produce a affidavit duely notarised.

Has anyone who applied a Bermingham Consulate recently and would mind to share their experiences please?

Many thanks,
pmw

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi pmw456

Did you submit your application yet? Did they ask you for affidavit?
I'll be applying PIO for my daughter soon, so just wanted to check.

Thanks!

naqeeb

Re: PIO card for a new born

Post by naqeeb » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi,

Yes the Edinburgh embassy requires a affidavit. I am about to apply for my daughter, can anyone let me know if the eyes need to be open for a baby in the passport photograph.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:06 pm

naqeeb wrote:Hi,

Yes the Edinburgh embassy requphotos a affidavit. I am about to apply for my daughter, can anyone let me know if the eyes need to be open for a baby in the passport photograph.
I collected my 2 month olds pio card today. I took photos a second time to get ones with eyes open. You might be Ok but why take such a risk for a tenner?

HTH
Challenges make life worth it!

naqeeb

Post by naqeeb » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:31 am

Hi, Thanks for the reply. How long did it take and what consulate did you apply? Did you have to submit an affidavit as well?

Thanks

Naqeeb

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu May 01, 2014 6:05 am

Hi naqeeb,

Updated other timeline thread. Overall 13 days from date of application.

No affidavit required.

HTH
Challenges make life worth it!