ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biggest mistake of my life?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mauricetmk
Newly Registered

Biggest mistake of my life?

Post by mauricetmk » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:54 pm

I've done a silly mistake and I've had a sleepless night..

I sent out my application for ILR 10 years on friday evening, and yet forgot that the UKBA is closing on Saturday. And this is the problem... my visa is expiring on sunday, so the UKBA wont receive my application on monday, by then my visa would have been expired, would they base on that and reject my application?

I'm really worried right now, think I should start looking for a solicitor and see if they can help or I shouldnt worry about it?

please give me some thought on my situation, I'm worry sick...

thanks guys

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Someone correct me if i am wrong but my opinion is below.

Your application was not made out of time.You had valid leave when you made the application.Your application will be deemed to be made when you posted the forms not when UKBA received them

Even if they refuse it you can appeal and you will surely win.Just make sure you keep the proof that you send the application before your leave expired.

I believe you still have status till UKBA decide on the application.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:23 pm

It will not result in your Long Residency application being rejected, but surely you may not have a right to work, until your application is decided.

There may be a Section 3C right, in these circumstance.

However i believe this regulation seem to suggest you may be fine.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

rooney0511

Hi

Post by rooney0511 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:18 pm

As long as you sent the application through the Post Office, you are deemed that the you have done it in time. it does not matter when they receive it. This is allowed if you have sent it through the post office only, not by any private couriers. Keep the proof of postage, you will be fine.

Re: Biggest mistake of my life?

Post by 2012 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:59 am

mauricetmk wrote:I've done a silly mistake and I've had a sleepless night..

I sent out my application for ILR 10 years on friday evening, and yet forgot that the UKBA is closing on Saturday. And this is the problem... my visa is expiring on sunday, so the UKBA wont receive my application on monday, by then my visa would have been expired, would they base on that and reject my application?

I'm really worried right now, think I should start looking for a solicitor and see if they can help or I shouldnt worry about it?

please give me some thought on my situation, I'm worry sick...

thanks guys
1. You will be fine as the date of the application wud be Friday and not wen it receive by HO (Postal applications only).

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:24 pm

The case worker will take the day of posting...not the day of arrival. They should keep your envelope in your file. On your part...make sure you keep the postal receipt.

ZCorleone
Newly Registered

Post by ZCorleone » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Take it easy, case workers have common sense.

mauricetmk
Newly Registered

Post by mauricetmk » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:31 pm

I just wanna say thank you for the reply.

I could not have imagine HO rejecting my application base on that, imagine the £1000 just flew out of the window like this.

now i can relax and hope for my application go thru.

merry xmas guys!