ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement - maintainable fund dropped two weeks ago

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

antonio22
Newly Registered

Bank Statement - maintainable fund dropped two weeks ago

Post by antonio22 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:47 am

Hi

I have very bad experience from my bank couple of weeks ago. I maintained £800 pounds in my HSBC flex saver account since Dec 2010 (nine months) not even dropping the minimum maintenance amount of £800.

Two weeks ago my current account has been overdrawn and the bank cover the unplanned over draft by transfer the money overdrew from my flex saver account (savings Account) and my flex savings account balance went below £800. I am planning to apply for PSW visa in next week. Bank is not able to give a statement untill 8 Sept 2011 (my account overdrawn on 9th Sept). They gave me statements until 21 Sept 2011.

Is that ok, if I apply before 8th of October for psw with the latest statement?. The required amount (£800) was in my account for more than 90 days untill 8th of September 2011. It can be seen in the statement.

I am very tensed because I never expected it will happen and the bank will do a transfer without letting me know.

Someone Please help me?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:52 am

Unfortunately it has to extend up the time when you submit the application. That could be a statement that is the most recent (ie not necessarily up to the exact date of application) but with the full amount held up to the date on which the statement was issued. Your statement does not show this as it continues until 21 Sept but the required sum drops below 800 on 9 Sept.

158. Applicants in the United Kingdom seeking further leave to remain must have at least £800 of personal savings which must have been held for a consecutive 90 day period prior to the date of application

(i) the end date of the 90-day [...] periods referred to in (b) and (c) above will be taken as the date of the closing balance on the most recent of the specified documents, and must be no earlier than 31 days before the date of application

antonio22
Newly Registered

Post by antonio22 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Unfortunately it has to extend up the time when you submit the application. That could be a statement that is the most recent (ie not necessarily up to the exact date of application) but with the full amount held up to the date on which the statement was issued. Your statement does not show this as it continues until 21 Sept but the required sum drops below 800 on 9 Sept.

158. Applicants in the United Kingdom seeking further leave to remain must have at least £800 of personal savings which must have been held for a consecutive 90 day period prior to the date of application

(i) the end date of the 90-day [...] periods referred to in (b) and (c) above will be taken as the date of the closing balance on the most recent of the specified documents, and must be no earlier than 31 days before the date of application
The Guideline saying

i) Personal bank or building society statements covering a consecutive 90 day period: The most recent statement must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application.

The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• any transactions during the 90 day period;

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide either:

• a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements; or
• an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

We will not accept statements which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that the applicant holds enough funds for the full period needed.

Can I defend with this point in court even if my visa will rejected at the first place PSW....

I also have one more problem, My visa expired in May 2011 and I furnished FLR (O) to complete my dissertation. The college haven't issued CAS in order to complete the dissertation. Now I successfully completed my MBA degree (Sept 2011). My visa application got rejected and now I appealed in court.

My question is, the policy guidelines saying ,

"An applicant can claim 20 points if he/ she can establish that the whole of his/her period of study in the United Kingdom for the eligible qualification was completed whilst he/she had leave to enter /remain that was not
subject to a restriction preventing him/her from undertaking a course of study and/or research."

My visa expired in may but my result come out in September. I am still confused whether I full fill the criteria or not. Could it comes under Section 3C of the Immigration Acts and home office consider my current leave as Student (Tier4).

I expecting advises and opinions ......Please....

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:30 am

If you already have an appeal pending (refusal of FLR(O) application), then you cannot make a fresh application for leave to remain (Tier 1 (PSW)).

Your leave as Tier 4 migrant is extant, under Section 3C .... because an appeal is pending.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Newly Registered

Post by 183807 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi Antonio 22,

I have an in-person appointment for PSW on 22nd December and I am facing exactly the same problem with dropping of funds for 2 weeks that you mentioned in your post.

You mentioned in your post that the “Bank is not able to give a statement untill 8 Sept 2011”. May I ask which bank do you have your account with? I have my account with Llyods Tsb and when I approached them asking for statements for a specific period only, they said they would raise a request and try and see what can be done. They said it could be a problem since the latest statement has not been generated yet. I am really worried as I am unsure what to do.

Would really appreciate if anybody could advice me on this.

Warm Regards,

VentureCapital Route

Re:

Post by VentureCapital Route » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:30 pm

183807 wrote:Hi Antonio 22,

I have an in-person appointment for PSW on 22nd December and I am facing exactly the same problem with dropping of funds for 2 weeks that you mentioned in your post.

You mentioned in your post that the “Bank is not able to give a statement untill 8 Sept 2011”. May I ask which bank do you have your account with? I have my account with Llyods Tsb and when I approached them asking for statements for a specific period only, they said they would raise a request and try and see what can be done. They said it could be a problem since the latest statement has not been generated yet. I am really worried as I am unsure what to do.

Would really appreciate if anybody could advice me on this.

Warm Regards,
For VC route I am applying through bizviz.co.uk check their website and call them.

I could not reply to your PM for some technical reason I believe.

Thanks