ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Crydon PEO rejected Banker's Draft today

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chrams

ILR Application Crydon PEO rejected Banker's Draft today

Post by chrams » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:26 am

Dear All,
It's a heads up info to all who is going to Croydon PEO with Banker's draft.

I am going through a solicitor and my application submitted to the above mentioned PEO today (21/12/2011) and the account's department didnot accepted my Banker's draft which is issued by Lloyds TSB and service fee of £20.00 and draft value of £2700 has been deducted from my account as well on the same day (i.e. i had taken it on 15th Dec)

My Solicitor and their representative aruged with the accounts team in PEO and they are saying my draft is not looks like a standard one issued by LLoyds. And they said they are running short of staff today.

It's bullshit from the UKBA and shows their irresponsibility about their standards. How could they reject to process my ILR application even without process my payment? if they have any issues with my draft they should call up the bank.

It's shame and I don't understand why there is no parity among all PEO's in the country? some PEO's process application with out taking payment upfront and why Croydon's is different from others?

Immigration Minister and the government concentrates to suck money from applicants but they don't care about their service standards.

It's really frustrating and I have to sacrifice my holiday this year only because of thier stupid process.

---
chrams

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:49 am

Interestingly, the last time I was at PEO Croydon a few months ago I witnessed someone experiencing a similar problem - the only difference being that it was the applicant himself and not a representative / solicitor making the application.

The applicant called up the bank to explain the problem and the person on the phone (at the bank) was happy to speak to the PEO staff to confirm that the banker's draft was genuine and issued in the name of the applicant. I am not sure though if his application was accepted or not despite the confirmation from the bank ...

UKBA website does not list "banker's draft" as an acceptable method of payment for applications made in-person.
How to pay your application fee if you are inside the UK

The application form also includes a statement "If applying in person at a Public Enquiry Office please check the UK Border Agency website for the payment methods available at the Public Enquiry Office you are attending as these can vary".

Only someone who did pay through a banker's draft at PEO Croydon can confirm.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

chrams

Post by chrams » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:49 am

Dear Sushdmehta,
Thanks for your information. I will be submitting a formal complaint in my bank and requested a letter from my solicitor.
UKBA website does not list "banker's draft" as an acceptable method of payment for applications made in-person.
How to pay your application fee if you are inside the UK
I had submitted my application through legal representative and the UKBA is accepting Banker's Draft as well.

See below link.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... n/sameday/

Infact I asked my solicitor payment by credit card and they said that "the UKBA will not accept by credit card payment as the applicant is not attending to the appointment"

Is it true?

I noticed in the above link one can pay by credit card?

Even in this hi-tech world people and processes still dragging us back to manual process, I would have paid by my credit card :(

Now I have to wait until new year to resubmit my application

Appreciate your contribution

Thanks & regards,
chrams

GD78

Post by GD78 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:05 pm

Man I'm really sorry to hear about this. Thank you for giving us a heads up about the bank draft problem. I will be applying at Croydon PEO in a few months and was planning on getting a bank draft...now I'm having serious doubts about that.

I hope everything works out smoothly for you soon.

vinny

Re: ILR Application Crydon PEO rejected Banker's Draft today

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:12 am

chrams wrote:My Solicitor and their representative aruged with the accounts team in PEO and they are saying my draft is not looks like a standard one issued by LLoyds. And they said they are running short of staff today.

It's bullshit from the UKBA and shows their irresponsibility about their standards. How could they reject to process my ILR application even without process my payment? if they have any issues with my draft they should call up the bank.
Indeed, I would have thought that a simple phone call by the UKBA staff to the bank would have quickly resolved the matter.
Last edited by vinny on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:13 am

chrams wrote:Infact I asked my solicitor payment by credit card and they said that "the UKBA will not accept by credit card payment as the applicant is not attending to the appointment"

Is it true?
I guess so. Only the card-holder is expected to authorize the payment (enter PIN) at a point-of-sale, not a third party (e.g. - solicitor).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:28 am

A UKBA circular issued to legal representatives states that their client can make payment through bank draft.

So it was usual mal-adminstration and this time on the part of UKBA payment counter staff.

chrams

Post by chrams » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Dear Mods and members,
Thanks for all your inputs to my thread.
Unfortunately, things are not moving as we thought and my solicitor gave next available slot which is on 4th Jan and until then I will sit tight with good hope on this. Meanwhile I will get a proper Banker's draft.

Jami you are right, 100% UKBA mal-administration at payments section. if they wish they would have processed my payment, but it seems the staff were very short due to festive season they are showing silly reasons to postpone things.

Sushdmehta, Vinny, GD78 and to all of you members, I am grateful for your help. I will keep you update on my progress.

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

---
chrams

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:03 am

chrams wrote: Meanwhile I will get a proper Banker's draft.
Was the submitted bankers draft not proper? What would be different?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:23 pm

chrams wrote:Dear Mods and members,
Thanks for all your inputs to my thread.
Unfortunately, things are not moving as we thought and my solicitor gave next available slot which is on 4th Jan and until then I will sit tight with good hope on this. Meanwhile I will get a proper Banker's draft.

Jami you are right, 100% UKBA mal-administration at payments section. if they wish they would have processed my payment, but it seems the staff were very short due to festive season they are showing silly reasons to postpone things.

Sushdmehta, Vinny, GD78 and to all of you members, I am grateful for your help. I will keep you update on my progress.

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

---
chrams
Dear chrams, a Banker's draft cannot be more proper than last time. I understand, it was not proper for UKBA to reject a draft without confirming it from the bank. I would suggest you to play safe and pay using your credit/debit card this time. Who knows you will encounter another crazy man and end up paying your solicitor day charges.

All the best for your application and a happy new year to you all.

irfanlibra
Newly Registered

Post by irfanlibra » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:15 pm

Bankers draft is accepted in person. sushdmehta please read and then post, i know you are moderator but that doesn't means whatever you say is right. :D

chrams

Post by chrams » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Dear members,
Today I had walk into Lloyds bank my home branch and they said it is a standard Banker's Draft and earlier I thought it was a different format Banker's draft.

I will be submitting my latest bank statement which shows the draft amount deducted and service charge as well. I strongly believe to escape from the busy schedule they mal-administered my payment.

I am planning to complaint this matter to Immigration minister and Home Secretary and I would appreciate your suggestion on this matter

Thanks & regards,
Charms

chrams

Post by chrams » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi All,
Happy New Year to you all !!!

After several walkins to various Lloyds TSB branches, one Branch manager kindly issued a supporting letter addressing me the following letter on their headed paper.

"This is to confirm that the Cheque No: xxxx for £2700.00 payable to the Home Office has been issued by on behalf of Lloyds TSB Bank Plc.

Please contact me on Tel No: xxxxx if you have any further queries.

Yours sincerely,
Manager Sign
Name"

I had taken my upto date bank statement (transactions sheets issued on the bank stationary with thier stamp, as my latest statement is not generated yet!!) which shows my draft amount £2700 + service fee £20 deducted.

I hope this time Croydon PEO process my payment and I will keep my fingers crossed for my tomorrow's appointment through my solicitor.

I will keep you updated,

Regards,
chrams

malepiscean

Post by malepiscean » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi chrams a very Happy New Year to you too!
Good luck for tomorrow, please keep us posted of the outcome.
My situation is very similar to yours and would highly appreciate any words of advice at:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=92854

Thanks and good luck!

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm

chrams wrote:Hi All,
Happy New Year to you all !!!

After several walkins to various Lloyds TSB branches, one Branch manager kindly issued a supporting letter addressing me the following letter on their headed paper.

"This is to confirm that the Cheque No: xxxx for £2700.00 payable to the Home Office has been issued by on behalf of Lloyds TSB Bank Plc.

Please contact me on Tel No: xxxxx if you have any further queries.

Yours sincerely,
Manager Sign
Name"

I had taken my upto date bank statement (transactions sheets issued on the bank stationary with thier stamp, as my latest statement is not generated yet!!) which shows my draft amount £2700 + service fee £20 deducted.

I hope this time Croydon PEO process my payment and I will keep my fingers crossed for my tomorrow's appointment through my solicitor.

I will keep you updated,

Regards,
chrams
Hi Chrams,

I am in similar situation as you, have taken a Lloyds bankers draft of £2600 for next week's PEO appointment in Croydon for tier 1 extension.

Please could you update us with your outcome.

Many thanks,
Jay

chrams

Post by chrams » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi Jay,
My Banker's Draft accepted yesterday. My solicitor Submitted my application at Croydon PEO yesterday and they didnot realised it yet. Few moment ago my Solicitor called me up and updated that my "application is valid but they need to do further checks"

Fingers crossed, I will hoping for the positive out come.

--
chrams

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:36 pm

chrams wrote:Hi Jay,
My Banker's Draft accepted yesterday. My solicitor Submitted my application at Croydon PEO yesterday and they didnot realised it yet. Few moment ago my Solicitor called me up and updated that my "application is valid but they need to do further checks"

Fingers crossed, I will hoping for the positive out come.

--
chrams
Hi chrams,

Thanks for your update, much appreciated.

All the very best!!

Cheers,
Jay