ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP and subsequent ILR !

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shayar
Newly Registered

HSMP and subsequent ILR !

Post by shayar » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:09 pm

Take an example here...

Say I got approved/stamped in Feb 2004. Moved to UK in August 2004. Got extension in Jan 2005(for 3 years) and then continued until Jan 2008.
Now the question is==> Is finished my 4 years HSMP quota but have actually lived in UK for three and a half years only; so I won't quality for an ILR !!!!!!!!!
What would be my situation in Jan 2008 ? How to cover-up for those 6 months ? Again request an extensive ? or look for a work-permit ??

Any views on this ?? Or does any section on HSMP information pages cover this situation ???

Thanks all....

Shayar.
:?:

shayar
Newly Registered

HSMP & Subsequent ILR !

Post by shayar » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:25 pm

I guess one of the previous post covers this topic..
Thanks to all......

Shayar

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:37 pm

Shayar,

Dont worry about that situation too much - the rules are bound to have changed by then!!!
Where there is a will there is a way.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:08 am

I guess one of the previous post covers this topic..
It sure does - look here. The key thing as Chess has stated is that it's early days and the rules may change although IMHO they are unlikley to be any more generous than they already are with the current 'can apply for ILR upto 4 weeks before the 48 month period'. Home Office does not want people getting ILR due to visa status only - they want you to have lived in the U.K and contributed to the economy via tax payments etc over the qualifying period. My advice to HSMP applicants is that they enter the UK as soon as possible and consider/deal with absences during year 2-4 of the scheme.