ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bioemtric enrolment and BRP - General Queries

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

geriatrix

Bioemtric enrolment and BRP - General Queries

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:22 pm

Q - I provided biometric information when I applied for entry clearance. Do I need to do so again now that I am applying again for entry clearance or (further / indefinite) leave to remain ?
A - Yes, you have to give biometrics each time you make an application for which biometrics is a required, regardless of whether you have given them before.

Q - I provided biometric information when I applied for leave to remain the last time. Do I need to do so again?
A - Yes, you have to give biometrics each time you make an application for which biometrics is a required, regardless of whether you have given them before.

Q - Who all are required to provide biometric information when making a leave to remain application?
A - Who needs to apply for a biometric residence permit?

Q - What is the process of enrolling biometrics information?
A - Biometric residence permits - application process

Q - Are children exempt from enrolling biometrics?
A - The law states that everyone over 6 years old must provide their fingerprints when applying for a biometric residence permit. Children under 6 will not have their fingerprints scanned but will have their photograph taken.

Q - I am applying in person at a PEO. When will I be asked to submit my biometrics information?
Unless there are any technical issues on the day, all named applicants will have their biometrics taken on the day of the appointment. If there are any technical issues on the day, the caseworker/staff will advise you what to do.

Q - I made a postal application for leave to remain but I haven't yet received a letter inviting me to enrol biometrics. What should I do?
A - You should receive your biometric enrolment letter within 6-8 weeks of the date of application, unless there is a huge backlog of applications with uKBA.
This is assuming that a "valid" application has been made.

Q - The letter I have received says that I need to book an appointment within 15 days but there is no appointment available in the next 15 days. What should I do?
A - You need to "book" an appointment in 15 days (for any date that may be available and is convenient for you) ... not (necessarily) "attend" an appointment in those 15 days.

Q - I have received a biometric invitation letter. Does this mean my application has been successful?
A - No. Receiving a biometric letter does not mean your application has been (or will be) successful. It only means that your application is being treated as valid (e.g. - you have submitted the correct form, completed mandatory sections, provided photographs meeting the guidance, have paid the fee etc). Applications are not substantively considered until biometric information is enrolled.

Q - Can I give my biometrics at a postoffice?
A - Only if the letter from UKBA tells you that you can do so. Also, if any dependant(s) were included in the postal application, you will not be able to give your biometrics at a postoffice.
Enrolling your biometric information - postal and online applications

Q - How will the BRP delivered to me?
A - Through courier. Currently, UKBA uses DX for BRP delivery.

Q - How will UKBA return my passport (and other documents)?
A - Through Royal Mail. Unless you included a prepaid self-addressed special delivery envelope with your application, these documents will be returned through Royal Mail's recorded delivery.

Postal biometric appointments and residence permit reporting move online
Life isn't fair, but you can be!