ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

desibuoy
Newly Registered

Parents visitor visa

Post by desibuoy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:38 pm

My parents are in UK visiting me for 6 months which will be finished in February 2012. I recently had a baby and would like them to come back to live with us again as soon as possible in summer 2012, which will be of great help. They already have a 5 years of extended visitor visa which will expire in 2014.

Is there a rule that they can only stay for six months in a year in UK as a visitor? If so is there any alternative arrangement that I can make so that they can come back to us in summer 2012?

Your expert advice will be appreciated.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Parents visitor visa

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:27 am

desibuoy wrote:Is there a rule that they can only stay for six months in a year in UK as a visitor?
Yes. If they were to leave now and return in June they should be fine.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:28 am

desibuoy wrote:Is there a rule that they can only stay for six months in a year in UK as a visitor?
Yes, generally six months in a given 12 month cycle is the limit. If they were to leave now and return in June they should be fine.

desibuoy
Newly Registered

Post by desibuoy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:34 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
Yes, generally six months in a given 12 month cycle is the limit. If they were to leave now and return in June they should be fine.
Thank you Locapooka, appreciate your help in this matter. Not that I doubt your advice, I had the same notion, although I was unable to find any documents that support this. Is a suggestion that if they go to India and come back in a month or two completely unreasonable?

Markie

Post by Markie » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:29 pm

max 180 days per 12month cycle...
desibuoy wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:
Thank you Locapooka, appreciate your help in this matter. Not that I doubt your advice, I had the same notion, although I was unable to find any documents that support this. Is a suggestion that if they go to India and come back in a month or two completely unreasonable?

desibuoy
Newly Registered

Post by desibuoy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:54 am

Markie wrote:max 180 days per 12month cycle...
desibuoy wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:
thanks Markie, you are a star