ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time Limit to Visit After Getting Family Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sum-img

Time Limit to Visit After Getting Family Visa

Post by sum-img » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:07 am

Guys,

My mother got 10 year family visa in August 2011 but due some circumstance she did not get chance to visit me.

I just want to know is there any time limit like 6 months in which she has to visit me otherwise she has to apply again or her visa will get cancelled. She has checked all the leaflets / paperwork but could not find anything regarding time limit. They have only mentioned about visit duration which is 180 days.

Her six month limit (if any) will end on 5Feb 2012.

Hopefully somebody can help and clear this point.

Much appreciated...

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:17 am

The visa is valid for 10 years so she can travel anytime and as often as she wishes during the lifetime of that visa. However, she is limited to six months out of 12.

sum-img

Post by sum-img » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:28 am

Lucapooka wrote:The visa is valid for 10 years so she can travel anytime and as often as she wishes during the lifetime of that visa. However, she is limited to six months out of 12.
Thanks Guru,

Somebody scared me yesterday saying if she does not travel in first six months immigration authorities will make her return from the airport.

It has happened to somebody's relative who got 10 year visa but did not travel in first six months and when he travelled in 7th month immigration authorities returned him from airport. I don't know how true is it.

That does not make any sense but it is better to confirm. I have also emailed home office, lets see.

Posted it here to know if somebody in similar situation.

Markie

Post by Markie » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:32 pm

we had a 2yr family visa for my mother in law and she managed to travel during the last 6months of the visa...no quirks at the border.
sum-img wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:The visa is valid for 10 years so she can travel anytime and as often as she wishes during the lifetime of that visa. However, she is limited to six months out of 12.
Thanks Guru,

Somebody scared me yesterday saying if she does not travel in first six months immigration authorities will make her return from the airport.

It has happened to somebody's relative who got 10 year visa but did not travel in first six months and when he travelled in 7th month immigration authorities returned him from airport. I don't know how true is it.

That does not make any sense but it is better to confirm. I have also emailed home office, lets see.

Posted it here to know if somebody in similar situation.

sum-img

Post by sum-img » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:41 am

Markie wrote:we had a 2yr family visa for my mother in law and she managed to travel during the last 6months of the visa...no quirks at the border.
Thanks Markie, Thats a relief now. So this means there is no time limit, anybody with valid visa can come any time. Hope this information is helpful to others as well.

Others in same situation, please share your experience.

Cheers,

sum-img

Post by sum-img » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Anyone else with same experience, please do share here....