ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK ENTRY

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alipa

UK ENTRY

Post by alipa » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:42 am

Please guide me as i want to make entry in UK after 9 Months so will UKBA allow me to enter & will they check last entry?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:01 pm

As long as you have ILR and you are coming back to UK within 2 years, you should be fine.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:16 pm

If you have been out of UK over 2 years then your ILR could be in trouble. But even then you can get the returning visa. See the link below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... residents/

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Alipa has said '9 months' (not 2 years), so no problem for re-entering.

alipa

Post by alipa » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:16 pm

Casa wrote:Alipa has said '9 months' (not 2 years), so no problem for re-entering.
I dont have ILR till now but i got Tier-1 Visa & i gave initial entry & then i came back to India & now after 9 Months i want to go back permanently so that in 2013 i can apply for ILR. Please guide can UKBA Officer ask me that why i was out for Continuously 9 Months as i cannot stay out continuously for 3 Months as per rule. Please guide.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:37 pm

You have posted your question in the wrong forum Alipa (in Indefinite Leave to Remain).

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:46 pm

I wrongly assumed you already had ILR as your post was in the ILR forum. You won't qualify in 2013 as you need 5 years continuous residence in the UK.

You may recall the advice you were given in this thread early in 2011
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#467667

which included this in particular:
Continuous period of five years
The applicant must have spent a continuous period of five years lawfully in the UK and meet
the criteria specified in the guidance.
Calculation of the five year period for settlement
When assessing if an applicant has met the criteria for five years continuous residence in
the UK, short absences abroad may be disregarded, provided the applicant has clearly
continued to be based in the UK. For example:
• holidays (consistent with annual paid leave), or
• business trips (consistent with maintaining employment or self-employment in the UK),
Applications that fall short of the five year continuous period
In some cases, applicants may have been granted five years continuous leave, but will not
have spent five years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires.
Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the
applicant entered the UK towards the five years, provided this period was not longer than
three months.

As your visa is still valid, you should be permitted to re-enter, but you'll need to re-think your plans for applying for ILR. You may also be subject to proposed changes to the UKBA Regulations for Tier-1 permanent residence. Were there compassionate reasons for your absence?