ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do Dependents need to go with me for Same Day Service ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

macgyver

Do Dependents need to go with me for Same Day Service ILR

Post by macgyver » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:09 pm

I am planning to apply for ILR after completion of 5 years on HSMP+ Tier-1 visa which is expiring on 20th of Feb.
I have my wife as a dependent on the application.
1) Does she need to come with me for the application to Croydon.
2) Do I need to get any authrisation or a letter from her if she is not coming with me.

I am not applying for the ILR for our kid who is 3 and was born in Uk (his VISA also expires on 20th with us) as we are planning to apply for the British citizenship for him straight after we get an ILR

We all have an Indian Passport with Tier I visa

Thanks for looking and advice.
:) :)

Cammrc

Re: Do Dependents need to go with me for Same Day Service IL

Post by Cammrc » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:39 am

I have booked appointment in January, I have 2 dependants. in the appointment email, it says 'bring all the dependants registered in your application with you to this appointment', but FAQ in this forum says you do not have to bring dependant with you, I am really confused on this. Anybody can clarify this? Are there any offical documents/guidances related to this issue?
macgyver wrote:I am planning to apply for ILR after completion of 5 years on HSMP+ Tier-1 visa which is expiring on 20th of Feb.
I have my wife as a dependent on the application.
1) Does she need to come with me for the application to Croydon.
2) Do I need to get any authrisation or a letter from her if she is not coming with me.

I am not applying for the ILR for our kid who is 3 and was born in Uk (his VISA also expires on 20th with us) as we are planning to apply for the British citizenship for him straight after we get an ILR

We all have an Indian Passport with Tier I visa

Thanks for looking and advice.
:) :)

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:32 pm

I am in a similar situation. The problem is its quite difficult for kid to travel that far and then remain there for almost whole day and that too in this cold.

I had someone on this forum(couple of weeks back) who told that he travelled alone and it was fine , since it is not a biometric visa family is not required.

Another applicant , again on this forum couple of weeks ago, said even though he took the family along they never asked for them.

I am thinking of calling home office to clarify again, if anyone gets any clarification please post for benefit for others. or if anyone with expereince can shed some light, that will be great.

But from all the information I have , I think it is is safe not to take family.

Mods can you please advise?

shethjitu
Newly Registered

Post by shethjitu » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:00 pm

It is not mendetory to bring your dependents with you to PEO, but it is suggestable to bring them with you. which will be helpful for you at case processing time during your Premium service at PEO.

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:12 pm

shethjitu wrote:It is not mendetory to bring your dependents with you to PEO, but it is suggestable to bring them with you. which will be helpful for you at case processing time during your Premium service at PEO.
Sorry, can you please clarify what you mean by being helpfull. In what way is taking family helpful if their presence is not mandatory.

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:04 am

As mentioned earlier, the UKBA site says to bring the dependants to the appointment. And there should not be any confusion about that. Although the FAQ in this site says not to take the dependants along, it is individual's choice whether to risk the money in case the HO finds no other way but the absence of the dependants as the cause for refusal.

I am aware of many of my friends attending the appointment without dependants and getting approval. But I would prefer to take my dependants with me. Anyways, from 29th Feb you will have to take the dependants with you for biometrics unless you do that in a post office.

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:56 pm

Does anyone else have any inputs or advice or expereince please?

imranb

Post by imranb » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:07 pm

wp2tier1 wrote:Does anyone else have any inputs or advice or expereince please?
Even I am interested in knowng if it is alright not to take dependants with me. I have 2 kids, aged 5 and 2. The kids will surely get bored and cranky at the PEO. Requesting people to please advice.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:12 pm

common sense. if it says not mandatory then its not.

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:06 pm

Its not mentioned anywhere that it is not mandatory

imranb

Post by imranb » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:21 pm

innocentdevil wrote:common sense. if it says not mandatory then its not.
The wordings in the appointment confirmation are 'bring all the dependants registered in your application with you to this appointment'. No mention of mandatory or not. I am still in 2 minds whether to take my young kids or not.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:56 pm

tknayak wrote:As mentioned earlier, the UKBA site says to bring the dependants to the appointment. And there should not be any confusion about that. Although the FAQ in this site says not to take the dependants along, it is individual's choice whether to risk the money in case the HO finds no other way but the absence of the dependants as the cause for refusal.

I am aware of many of my friends attending the appointment without dependants and getting approval. But I would prefer to take my dependants with me. Anyways, from 29th Feb you will have to take the dependants with you for biometrics unless you do that in a post office.
Hi tknayak, what do you mean by will have to take dependants with you for biometrics from 29th Feb? Are you talking about ILR? So are they replacing the vignette with biometrics for ILR from Feb?

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:04 am

imranb wrote:
The wordings in the appointment confirmation are 'bring all the dependants registered in your application with you to this appointment'. No mention of mandatory or not. I am still in 2 minds whether to take my young kids or not.
Hi imranb,

Its similar case for me, I have 1 kid 2 . From the experiences posted on this forum it is OK to go alone as it is not a biometric visa( at least untill 29th feb).

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:11 am

wp2tier1 wrote:
imranb wrote:
Hi imranb,

Its similar case for me, I have 1 kid 2 . From the experiences posted on this forum it is OK to go alone as it is not a biometric visa( at least untill 29th feb).
Hi imranb

When is ur apointment. Did u get any info about taking dependants along?

imranb

Post by imranb » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:09 am

wp2tier1 wrote:
wp2tier1 wrote:
imranb wrote:
Hi imranb,

Hi imranb

Hi wp2tier1,

My appointment is on 13th Jan. What about you? I have kind of surrendered to the fact that my family will have to come along. Guess will have to go stocked with toys and crisps, otherwise the 5 yr old and 2 yr old will create a huge ruckus. Honestly speaking, it is not too much of a deal for me, as I live just one mile away from the Solihull PEO, so the family can return once the caseworker is satisfied and willing for them to leave. The anxiety is just killing man....

Best Regards,
Imran

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:27 am

I would agree with wp2tier1 as there is no need to take dependants (at least not until 29th of Feb 2012).

But after 29th of Feb, it would make sense to take the dependents as this is mandatory requirement for Biometrics.

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:00 pm

imranb wrote:
wp2tier1 wrote:
wp2tier1 wrote:
imranb wrote:
Hi imranb,

Hi imranb

Hi wp2tier1,

My appointment is on 13th Jan. What about you? I have kind of surrendered to the fact that my family will have to come along. Guess will have to go stocked with toys and crisps, otherwise the 5 yr old and 2 yr old will create a huge ruckus. Honestly speaking, it is not too much of a deal for me, as I live just one mile away from the Solihull PEO, so the family can return once the caseworker is satisfied and willing for them to leave. The anxiety is just killing man....

Best Regards,
Imran
I just called HO and the lady confirmed that for ilr only main applicant needs to be present. So i m not takng them along.

By the way what is ur case is it wp or tier1. May be we can share more info.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:44 pm

That’s good. Unfortunately I will be applying in May this year (which is after 29th of Feb 2012) so I will have to take my dependants with me.

I am on HSMP+Tier-1.

Cheers,
Linkers

imranb

Post by imranb » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:44 pm

wp2tier1 wrote:
imranb wrote:
wp2tier1 wrote:
wp2tier1 wrote:
Hi imranb,

Hi imranb

Hi wp2tier1,

Best Regards,
Imran
I just called HO and the lady confirmed that for ilr only main applicant needs to be present. So i m not takng them along.

Thanks for confirming this. When is your appointment at Solihull? If it is before me, your actual experience of not taking family will come handy for me. I am currently on Tier 1. Started of with WP in year 1 and moved to Tier 1 in year 3. Feel free to ask more, and I will as well, as and when questions come up.

imranb

Post by imranb » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:38 am

imranb wrote:
wp2tier1 wrote:
imranb wrote:
wp2tier1 wrote:
Hi imranb

Hi wp2tier1,

Best Regards,
Imran

Thanks for confirming this. When is your appointment at Solihull? If it is before me, your actual experience of not taking family will come handy for me. I am currently on Tier 1. Started of with WP in year 1 and moved to Tier 1 in year 3. Feel free to ask more, and I will as well, as and when questions come up.
Hi wp2tier1,
Have you already been for your ILR appointment, or is it sometime in the future? Please share your experience. I need to know from someone who had taken an appointment at Solihull with dependants, but hadn’t taken them along with them. I spoke to someone who had been there with dependants, and he got the feeling from the CW that they were expecting to see the dependants as well. Does anyone have any other experience. Please share.

Best Regards,
Imran