ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of Irish national processing times?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Monifé

Spouse of Irish national processing times?

Post by Monifé » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering has anyone recently applied as the spouse of an Irish national (with no current permission to remain) and if so, how long did it take?

Also, for anyone who applied (at any time) when they had no permission to remain in Ireland, did the DOJ issue you with a stamp 3 or a stamp 4?

If issued with a stamp 3, is there any way to compel the department to issue you with a stamp 4?

Look forward to your replies :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:32 am

Hi monife, it said here for undocumented spouses of Irish processing time is around 12 months...
3). How long will it take to process the application?
Applications can take up to 12 months to process. Applications are dealt with in chronological order of receipt.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024

I dont think the applicant is given any type of stamp at all/not allowed to work while the case is pending as compared to spouses of EU (who are given 6 months temp EUFAM4) it could be different now.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:24 pm

fatty patty wrote:Hi monife, it said here for undocumented spouses of Irish processing time is around 12 months...
3). How long will it take to process the application?
Applications can take up to 12 months to process. Applications are dealt with in chronological order of receipt.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024

I dont think the applicant is given any type of stamp at all/not allowed to work while the case is pending as compared to spouses of EU (who are given 6 months temp EUFAM4) it could be different now.
Thanks. Yeah I know this already, I was just wondering from people who have been through their process, once their application was approved, did they receive a stamp 3 or stamp 4?

Also, I was wondering if anyone who had been through the process, how long their application took as I have heard that sometimes they are processed quicker than the 12 months.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:50 pm

i'd stay, if the application is approved, stamp 3 will issue. not sure about the current/actual processing times though

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:09 pm

agniukas wrote:i'd stay, if the application is approved, stamp 3 will issue. not sure about the current/actual processing times though
Why do they issue stamp 3? Is there any way to compel the department to issue stamp 4? What can you do with stamp 3, I know you cannot work but can you study?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:29 pm

who told you that they issue stamp 3? i have never heard that spouses of irish get stamp 3...

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:32 pm

agniukas wrote:i'd stay, if the application is approved, stamp 3 will issue. not sure about the current/actual processing times though
In your previous quote, you said they issue stamp 3. Perhaps it was a typo?
agniukas wrote:who told you that they issue stamp 3? i have never heard that spouses of irish get stamp 3...
I had also thought they issue stamp 4 to spouse of Irish nationals but then I remember hearing somewhere that for people with no current permission to remain, the DOJ issued stamp 3 in some cases.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:39 am

Monifé wrote:
In your previous quote, you said they issue stamp 3. Perhaps it was a typo?
agniukas wrote:who told you that they issue stamp 3? i have never heard that spouses of irish get stamp 3...
I had also thought they issue stamp 4 to spouse of Irish nationals but then I remember hearing somewhere that for people with no current permission to remain, the DOJ issued stamp 3 in some cases.
People married or in a de facto relationship with Irish Citizen gets a stamp 4. Maybe other family members get a stamp 3 (i know some fathers of citizen children - long before zambrano, got a stamp 3)

I would not be paying any heed what others say, as each case is different.

To be honest, the nuisances between stamp 3 and 4 are the last thing I would be worried about, if i were you. Any form of legal status would be a mini success.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:07 am

I dont think the undocumented applicant is given any type of stamp at all/not allowed to work while the case is pending as compared to spouses of EU (who are given 6 months temp EUFAM4 regardless of their status).

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:47 pm

fatty patty wrote:I dont think the undocumented applicant is given any type of stamp at all/not allowed to work while the case is pending as compared to spouses of EU (who are given 6 months temp EUFAM4 regardless of their status).
Yes you are right. Spouse of Irish national applicant's are not given any stamp while they wait for their application to be decided. My questions were for when the application was approved.

Thanks for the replies.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:38 pm

sorry that was a typo... it shoud read, stamp 4 is issued to spouses of irish nationals. even de factos to irish get stamp 4

kevo

Re: Spouse of Irish national processing times?

Post by kevo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Monifé wrote:Hi all,

Just wondering has anyone recently applied as the spouse of an Irish national (with no current permission to remain) and if so, how long did it take?

Also, for anyone who applied (at any time) when they had no permission to remain in Ireland, did the DOJ issue you with a stamp 3 or a stamp 4?

If issued with a stamp 3, is there any way to compel the department to issue you with a stamp 4?

Look forward to your replies :)
My wife was in same situation (undocumented and married to Irish national). We got Stamp 4 and only had to wait 10 months. That was in 2009 though so not sure of current processing times.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:19 am

Monifé wrote:
fatty patty wrote:I dont think the undocumented applicant is given any type of stamp at all/not allowed to work while the case is pending as compared to spouses of EU (who are given 6 months temp EUFAM4 regardless of their status).
Yes you are right. Spouse of Irish national applicant's are not given any stamp while they wait for their application to be decided. My questions were for when the application was approved.

Thanks for the replies.
sorry i got the wrong impression i thought you were asking before the approval. while case is pending no stamp....after successful completion of case its stamp 4 yearly for 3 years then till the expiry of passport.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:48 pm

monife you are very helpful and kind person.your husband will get his approval within 1 year.i know its not affair.they should have some better process they can atleast give him tempoary stamp 3 for few months.atleast you guys can free travel to another country.but one day everything going to change

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:27 am

IQU wrote:monife you are very helpful and kind person.your husband will get his approval within 1 year.i know its not affair.they should have some better process they can atleast give him tempoary stamp 3 for few months.atleast you guys can free travel to another country.but one day everything going to change
Thanks IQU.

Praying it will be shorter than a year, inshallah, we have been waiting long enough at this stage.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:48 am

Just bumping my old thread to see has anyone recently got approval for spouse of Irish national (having previously been undocumented)?

If so, how long did it take?

Almost waiting 4 months. Really hope it's not much longer. I know they say it can take up to 12 months, but if they can process a citizenship application in 6 months (which has much more paperwork and investigation involved), I am really hoping they can do the same with this. There cant possibly be that many spouse of Irish national applications that would cause such a delay.

We asked the Department how long it was going to take and they said current processing times are 9-12 months (and that they were currently processing April 2011, this letter was received before Christmas) but when we first applied in September, the first letter they sent us said the processing times were 6-9 months.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:22 am

Monifé wrote:Just bumping my old thread to see has anyone recently got approval for spouse of Irish national (having previously been undocumented)?

If so, how long did it take?

Almost waiting 4 months. Really hope it's not much longer. I know they say it can take up to 12 months, but if they can process a citizenship application in 6 months (which has much more paperwork and investigation involved), I am really hoping they can do the same with this. There cant possibly be that many spouse of Irish national applications that would cause such a delay.

We asked the Department how long it was going to take and they said current processing times are 9-12 months (and that they were currently processing April 2011, this letter was received before Christmas) but when we first applied in September, the first letter they sent us said the processing times were 6-9 months.
Anyone?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:14 pm

By the lack of replies it would lead me to believe there are not that many applications for stamp 4 on the basis of marriage to an Irish national (and the applicant being undocumented).

Here's hoping anyway. Hopefully we don't have much longer to wait.

Irisheddy

Post by Irisheddy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:59 pm

I think it depends on which department is dealing with it. They say that marriage to an Irish National does not grant automatic right to reside. So if one part is undocumented i would imagine they would have to refer it to the repatriation department first.

Have you been told which department is dealing with it?

Monifé

Re: reply

Post by Monifé » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:16 am

Irisheddy wrote:I think it depends on which department is dealing with it. They say that marriage to an Irish National does not grant automatic right to reside. So if one part is undocumented i would imagine they would have to refer it to the repatriation department first.

Have you been told which department is dealing with it?
Yes. The Spouse of Irish National Unit is dealing with it.

Irisheddy

Post by Irisheddy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if that is the case you can expect your file to be referred to the Repatriation department. I know someone who was undocumented, got married and applied to Spouse of Irish National Dept for residency.

All that happened was that after waiting for six months they got a letter saying marriage to an Irish national does not confer an automatic right of residency and that the file had been referred to the Repatriation Department.
On the bright side he was not deported and hopes to get residency eventually. It is just a case of being patient.

I am sure you and your partner will be successful eventually

Monifé

Re: reply

Post by Monifé » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:33 am

Irisheddy wrote:Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if that is the case you can expect your file to be referred to the Repatriation department. I know someone who was undocumented, got married and applied to Spouse of Irish National Dept for residency.

All that happened was that after waiting for six months they got a letter saying marriage to an Irish national does not confer an automatic right of residency and that the file had been referred to the Repatriation Department.
On the bright side he was not deported and hopes to get residency eventually. It is just a case of being patient.

I am sure you and your partner will be successful eventually
I'm sorry but I don't think that is correct. From my research of the issue and of other peoples experiences and stories, the only time your file will go to the repatriation section is if you are subject to a deportation order or if you are applying for humanitarian leave to remain or subsidiary protection.

Our file is definitely with the Spouse of Irish national unit as we have been corresponding with them and only received a letter from them on 4th January stating that the current processing times are 9 to 12 months and that they are currently processing applications received in May 2011. We applied 2nd September 2011.

It is very hard to be patient as we have been in the immigration process for more than 2 years now (having been previously advised to use EU treaty rights due to my British citizenship, that application failing, a lengthy court process and then marrying last August).

Thanks for your input and hopefully we will receive a decision in the next few months.

filish11

Post by filish11 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Monifé wrote:

Thanks for the replies.
Is this the GNIB stamp or the stamp on the passport? I have the permission to remain stamp on the passport but there's no type of stamp. My GNIB card has the stamp 4. I'm a little confused myself.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:53 pm

monife good luck for your husband case

biggerjosh

hi all

Post by biggerjosh » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:34 am

hi just wanna ask u all whether i have to give a three year proof or three month address proof while submitting an apllication for citizenship as a spouse of irish national .
the inis states that:
Evidence of residency permission i.e. a copy of your passport(s) showing residency permission stamps for a period of 1
year immediately prior to the application and 2 years in the 4 year period before that, equalling 3 years in total, or
alternatively proof of residence in the State for this period. Please submit three different proofs of residence for each
year showing your name and address and date of issue i.e. household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV),
bank statements, revenue letters, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, doctors letter etc.
thanks