ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Dependent Stamping, Experts please advice!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coolhead
Newly Registered

HSMP Dependent Stamping, Experts please advice!

Post by coolhead » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:26 am

I came to UK 2 years ago on Work Permit. 6 months later I got married in home country and my wife has joined me in UK on a Working Holiday Maker visa.

Now she has got an HSMP approval. Although we have been living together in UK but still she has not claimed partner points because we are married for less than 2 years and we have been on independent visas while in UK. We thought this would complicate her HSMP case. We have enough supporting documents to prove that she's living with me for the past 1.5 years.

I don't qualify for HSMP because of various reasons. We are trying to figure out if there is way where I can become her dependent when she is applying for her stamping. We have discussed with a lawyer and he feels that it might jeopardise her case because we are on independent visas and my wife did not send my documents with HSMP application.

We think that it’s possible for me to return to home country and apply as her dependant. Can someone please confirm this?

Is there any way I can become dependent to her while I am in UK?

Please advice.

coolhead
Newly Registered

Switching from WP to HSMP dependent within UK

Post by coolhead » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:37 am

Is it possible to switch from WP to HSMP dependent while in UK?

If yes, then do I need to inform my employer/ HO or anyone else of the status change?

coolhead
Newly Registered

Post by coolhead » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:14 am

Can someone please help?

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:05 am

I think it is not necessary to send partner's document to HSMP.

Is she obtained leave to remain?

coolhead
Newly Registered

Post by coolhead » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:23 am

She is yet to apply for her FLR.

The problem is that we are on independent visas, I am on work permit and she is on working holiday maker visa.

Is it possible for me to switch to HSMP dependent from within UK i.e. can she apply for me to be dependent on her?

coolhead
Newly Registered

Post by coolhead » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:13 am

Moderators,

Is this the right forum for my question?

Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:37 am

Hi,

If I may, can I ask why you want to switch to "dependent" visa when you already have a WP visa ??? I ask so 'cause I believe that you're in a more advantageous position this way. If for any reason your WP doesn't get extended, should you think of converting to a dependent at that stage.

I am not sure if I am completely correct, but I think you can include your name as dependent in the FLR(IED) application form when your wife applies for her LTR extension on basis of HSMP.

regards

coolhead
Newly Registered

Post by coolhead » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:48 am

Switching to HSMP dependent gives me the flexibility to go for contracting jobs or moving to another permanent job.

I spoke to the HSMP helpline, they seemed all right with my stamping but asked me to confirm from the Immigration helpline.

The person on immigration helpline strongly discouraged me for applying in my wife’s FLR. The reason he gave is that as WP leads to residency I cannot switch to HSMP dependent in country. I must return to home country and apply for entry clearance as a dependent on HSMP visa holder.

I've spoken to two different persons on the Immigration helpline and their answer was the same as above.

Does anyone else have similar experience? Or am I the first one.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:21 pm

The immigration rules do not enable you to switch in country to HSMP dependent - you would have to return home and apply for HSMP dependent EC. Make sure you carry the appropriate documentation.

good luck