ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pending security checks

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vegeta_2009

pending security checks

Post by vegeta_2009 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:21 pm

hi, i have applied for BC back in October, most of the people here who applied at the same time as me got their approval in December.

i called HO last time and they said the application is still pending security checks and hasnt been allocated to a case worker.

my case is straight forward, are these security checks something like CRB? because i did one several times in my working career and it never took this long?

vegeta_2009

Re: pending security checks

Post by vegeta_2009 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:49 pm

vegeta_2009 wrote:hi, i have applied for BC back in October, most of the people here who applied at the same time as me got their approval in December.

i called HO last time and they said the application is still pending security checks and hasnt been allocated to a case worker.

my case is straight forward, are these security checks something like CRB? because i did one several times in my working career and it never took this long?
]is no body interested in how this works?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:58 pm

"pending security checks" is just a general description of a stage that involves checks from various organisations. It can last several weeks to several months until the case is allocated to a case worker for a decision.

Not sure what you are after but if this is an answer to where your application is then - it is still being processed and a decision has not been made yet. It's unclear when a decision will be made but likely to happen before 6 months.

vegeta_2009

Post by vegeta_2009 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Jambo wrote:"pending security checks" is just a general description of a stage that involves checks from various organisations. It can last several weeks to several months until the case is allocated to a case worker for a decision.

Not sure what you are after but if this is an answer to where your application is then - it is still being processed and a decision has not been made yet. It's unclear when a decision will be made but likely to happen before 6 months.
thanks Jumbo, just wondering if we are talking CRB or something more indepth thats all, because that would be the only logical way an application takes a long time (since requesting documents from a foreign government could take a long time depending how bureaucratic the government is)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:17 pm

As far as I know, the checks are all domestic and don't involve foreign governments. It's just a matter of getting through the backlogs. 3 months is still within the average range.