ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bsc Oxford Brookes Degree + ACCA f1-f9 = PSW?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

studentintheuk
Newly Registered

Bsc Oxford Brookes Degree + ACCA f1-f9 = PSW?

Post by studentintheuk » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:40 am

I am a full time ACCA international student currently studying under fundamentals level. Someone told me that if I complete 9 papers of f1 to f9 and successfully get the BSc Oxford Brookes degree then I am eligible to apply for a post study work visa. Is this true or do I also have to complete 5 papers in ACCA professional level as well and then be eligible for post study work visa.

In a different scenario if I get ACCA F1-f9 + Bsc Oxford Brookes degree then am I eligible or not eligible to continue studying ACCA professional level papers?

Today I came across news that PSW visa will be scrapped from April 2012. If I've passed acca f1-f9 papers by June 2011 exams and successfully get the degree by december this year would it be a good idea to apply for the PSW in Jan 2012 before the april 2012 deadline?

My student visa expires in December 2012. If I complete acca f1-f9 + get degree by december 2011 will I be eligible to apply for a psw in Jan 2012 inspite of having a whole year of student visa still available?

Any replies are thanked in advance.

Sinner

Post by Sinner » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:04 pm

I am in a same situation. I came to know that if we clear till f9 and we look forward for PSW then it is not necessary to get BSC degree. we can send our documents to UK NARIC and they can send us the comparability certificate which we can use for PSW.

for more confirmation on UK NARIC please visit http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=17

tuhin_sylet
Newly Registered

Post by tuhin_sylet » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:23 pm

i am in same situation, only left f8 to clear.
will i get letter from uk naric say that its a uk degree & will i get
psw with this
pl let me know

soulreaverxyz
Newly Registered

Re: Bsc Oxford Brookes Degree + ACCA f1-f9 = PSW?

Post by soulreaverxyz » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:07 pm

studentintheuk wrote:I am a full time ACCA international student currently studying under fundamentals level. Someone told me that if I complete 9 papers of f1 to f9 and successfully get the BSc Oxford Brookes degree then I am eligible to apply for a post study work visa. Is this true or do I also have to complete 5 papers in ACCA professional level as well and then be eligible for post study work visa.

In a different scenario if I get ACCA F1-f9 + Bsc Oxford Brookes degree then am I eligible or not eligible to continue studying ACCA professional level papers?

Today I came across news that PSW visa will be scrapped from April 2012. If I've passed acca f1-f9 papers by June 2011 exams and successfully get the degree by december this year would it be a good idea to apply for the PSW in Jan 2012 before the april 2012 deadline?

My student visa expires in December 2012. If I complete acca f1-f9 + get degree by december 2011 will I be eligible to apply for a psw in Jan 2012 inspite of having a whole year of student visa still available?

Any replies are thanked in advance.
1st of all you cannot get Bsc in December.
Oxford brookes mentioned that they will dispatch results on 28 march 2012. Which means if mail will get to you in April 2012 which is the deadline of PSW visa.
I really wish you can get PSW just try calling OBU and confirm if they will help you in this case.

And ACCA alone is not eligible for PSW as UKB said professional qualifications will not be considered.

farhanirshad3
Newly Registered
Pakistan

it is possible here is one successful apeal

Post by farhanirshad3 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:07 pm

Here is the copy of the First tier tribunal of the person who was refused on Tier 1 PSW on ACCA and the Appeal was granted.

http://www.bookacca.com/homepage/acca-psw

HERE IS A LINK WHICH PROVIDE THE PROOF FOR THE PSW ON THE SOLE BASIS OF ACCA.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:15 pm

can you provide a reference for the case, and the date it was heard as it is not possible to read it in the format it is on this site, or else provide a link to the document in a different format?

farhanirshad3
Newly Registered
Pakistan

here are the links of the above site images

Post by farhanirshad3 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:54 pm

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: here are the links of the above site images

Post by terriblescream » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:44 pm

farhanirshad3 wrote:if you click on the image than you can access those pic tyoe doucments which is jpeg

so if you can't access them than click on the below links
Thanks for the link, nice to see the determination and confirmation that ACCA is equivalent to UK Masters!

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed May 04, 2011 7:46 pm

If the determination is not 'reported' then it does not need to be followed as unreported determinations are not binding.

chat_danielle
Newly Registered

School won't support bsc PSW applications

Post by chat_danielle » Wed May 25, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi. I'm currently studying Bsc (HONS) degree which started Oct. 2010 and will end up aroun may-june of 2012. Sadly, PSW application will end at APRIL 2012. I was advice by a former student that since I have completed half of the programme I can apply for the PSW under a bsc degree of the course as it's what they've done before. However, my current university won't give me my earned qualification and won't support our application for the psw as they prefer for us to finish the whole bsc (hons) degree. I believe it's because they want us to pay for the course we've taken, but they cannot provide me any pathway for the degree after i've finsh it. I'm really confused to what to do. help me please!!

hham1224

Re: School won't support bsc PSW applications

Post by hham1224 » Sat May 28, 2011 3:12 pm

chat_danielle wrote:Hi. I'm currently studying Bsc (HONS) degree which started Oct. 2010 and will end up aroun may-june of 2012. Sadly, PSW application will end at APRIL 2012. I was advice by a former student that since I have completed half of the programme I can apply for the PSW under a bsc degree of the course as it's what they've done before. However, my current university won't give me my earned qualification and won't support our application for the psw as they prefer for us to finish the whole bsc (hons) degree. I believe it's because they want us to pay for the course we've taken, but they cannot provide me any pathway for the degree after i've finsh it. I'm really confused to what to do. help me please!!
Hi,

I got my PSW on ACCA qualification on 23/05/2011. The ACCA has exemption from the PROFESSIONAL AND VOCATIONAL QUALIFICATION DENIED BY UKBA beacse ACCA is a professional qualification but at the same time a qualification equalvent to UK Masters Degree. I have uploaded detail guidance on ACCA discuss page just follow the link

http://discuss.accaglobal.com/view_topi ... orum_id=64

Regards.

mordekai
Newly Registered

Post by mordekai » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:41 am

hey
it is possible to apply for psw when finishing the fundamental level of acca?
i just had 2 papers to finish with acca(p7 and p6)

ansafrahim

Post by ansafrahim » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:52 pm

I cannot access any of the images, could you please reupload in a different sever?

waqasmir
Newly Registered

Post by waqasmir » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:31 pm

ansafrahim wrote:
farhanirshad3 wrote:if you click on the image than you can access those pic tyoe doucments which is jpeg

so if you can't access them than click on the below links

http://www.bookacca.com/homepage/acca-p ... edirects=0

Hi Ansaf Rahim,
My name is Waqas and Iam currently in the same situation . I have just passed my fundamentals, and i will be applying PSW based on ACCA F9 fundamenatls.
I am having difficulty opening the link so If you can please email them directly to my email address.
wbnmir@gmail.com

Regards
Waqas

I cannot access any of the images, could you please reupload in a different sever?

anosh
Newly Registered

Post by anosh » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:10 pm

hi,
i was planning to get an equivalence certificate from naric for acca qualification...but just today i call acca office and they said that acca and ukba have made an aggrement according to which acca students can direclty apply for psw and don't require certificate from naric...i haven't confirmend it from ukba yet...has anyone got any info regarding it ?

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:42 am

anosh wrote:hi,
i was planning to get an equivalence certificate from naric for acca qualification...but just today i call acca office and they said that acca and ukba have made an aggrement according to which acca students can direclty apply for psw and don't require certificate from naric...i haven't confirmend it from ukba yet...has anyone got any info regarding it ?
did they really said that ?if that is the case then i think we shud get psw on fundamentals wen did u spoke to acca?

malik5805
BANNED

they said to me same thing

Post by malik5805 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 am

Noman83 wrote:
anosh wrote:hi,
did they really said that ?if that is the case then i think we shud get psw on fundamentals wen did u spoke to acca?

malik5805
    BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:56 am

i spoke to acca but they said to me same thing but still we have to confirm from ukba end.....i am in same situation aswell

anosh
    Newly Registered

Post by anosh » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:41 pm

yah i called ukba offive they said that if its a uk qualification thn u dont need certificate from naric but didnt didnt confirm any agreement beteen ukva n acca...newyz juts incase i have applied for certificate from naric

tweety86
    Newly Registered

Post by tweety86 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi,

I need your help regarding the registration certificate for work visa.

I am Romanian so i don't require a study visa but i do need to register in order to have a work visa while i study.

I am very unsecure of the conditions that i have to meet in order to apply for a registration certificate as a student of ACCA.
    Can you please tell me if there is a minimum number of hours or a minimum length of the classes in order for me to apply?

Thank you!