ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Without Condition Endorsement and re-entry visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vic1213
Newly Registered

Without Condition Endorsement and re-entry visa

Post by vic1213 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:47 am

Hi All,

I wonder if someone got a re-entry Irish visa with Without Condition Endorsement in a non-EAA passport.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... ndorsement

This is the scenario.

Naturalized Irish with dual citizenship that is recognized by Ireland, but is not recognized by the country of origin. By the law of the country of origin this person is still the citizen of that country and his Irish citizenship/Irish passport is not accepted.

The second passport is a non-EAA with Without Condition Endorsement.

Is it possible to get a re-entry Irish visa in the second passport?

The reason: if the person travels on the non-EAA passport to that non-EAA country the re-entry Irish visa will be required at the immigration control of that country when the person is coming back to Ireland.

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:02 pm

This is exactly the same situation as in my case. I have asked about this and it seems that the Without Condition stamp is enough, i.e. no re-entry visa would be given as we are now Irish nationals. I therefore thought that the stamp would be enough to convince our own original countries authorities in terms that we are now "permanent" residents in Ireland and do not need further visas. One point is clear: as Irish nationals we can not get a visa to/from Ireland.
I hope this helps
Nehro

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:07 am

Yep As Irish Nationals now we cant get Visa. But same time countries where Dual citizenship doesnt exist (non-eea countries), Immigration officer on the other end might look for Visa. Even though our Non-EEA passports have without condition as to time stamp.
And then we definately cant say, that we are naturalised Irish coz it will contradict NON-EEA countries Laws, if we dont have their Visa.
So just be careful.
Regards
Tiggs

vic1213
Newly Registered

Post by vic1213 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi Nehro, tiggs,

Did you try getting a visa personally in the visa office?
Did you try getting it for free?

I know from messages on other forum that the person posted the application from, the foreign passport with Without Condition Endorsement and the 100e fee and got a re-entry visa.

Also, there was another case where the person wanted to get a visa for free in the foreign passport, but was told that Irish nationals do not need a visa. However, it can be given for 100e.

If it can be done for 100 quid I do not mind paying.

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:03 pm

This is absolutely new news for me. As I have said I did ask about this an immigration officer and the answer was no Irish visa for an Irish citizen. Hence, I personally did not attempt to get one. But good luck to you if you are getting a re-entry visa and please let us know of the result

scrudu

"Without Condition" Stamp for Irish Citizens

Post by scrudu » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:11 am

Hey Folks,

Has anyone actually received this stamp? My husband has been granted citizenship on the basis of marriage to an Irish citizen (3 years residence). Can he apply for this "Without Condition" Stamp? Do the folks at the GNIB office in Dublin even know what this is?

Also, is this "Without Condition" endorsement a "Stamp 6"? - http://www.fomacs.org/projects/print-sy ... -they-mean

Advice would be appreciated from anyone who has a clue about this stamp. INIS Info here: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... ndorsement

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:47 am

"Without Condition" is Stamp 6, however no GNIB card endorsed with same will be issued, since Irish nationals are not registered by the GNIB.

Only Irish citizens or persons who are entitled to be Irish citizens are eligible for the Without Condition endorsement.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:15 am

Ben wrote:"Without Condition" is Stamp 6, however no GNIB card endorsed with same will be issued, since Irish nationals are not registered by the GNIB.

Only Irish citizens or persons who are entitled to be Irish citizens are eligible for the Without Condition endorsement.
Thanks Ben. Yeah from what I read, as an Irish citizen he'll be eligible to apply for this Stamp, but I don't know anyone who's received it.

If anyone has any first hand experience of this endorsement, can they let me know how the application went with the GNIB?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:26 am

Application for Without Condition endorsement is not made to the GNIB, it is made to INIS.

I applied for same for my son, who was born in Ireland to a British citizen father and a Singapore citizen mother.

I wrote a letter to INIS and enclosed my son's Singapore passport, his birth certificate and my British passport. Said documents were duly returned with the Without Condition stamp in my son's passport. I think it took a week or so, that's all.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Ben wrote:Application for Without Condition endorsement is not made to the GNIB, it is made to INIS.

I applied for same for my son, who was born in Ireland to a British citizen father and a Singapore citizen mother.

I wrote a letter to INIS and enclosed my son's Singapore passport, his birth certificate and my British passport. Said documents were duly returned with the Without Condition stamp in my son's passport. I think it took a week or so, that's all.
Ah brilliant! Thanks for that Ben. I had feared it'd be another one where the folks at the GNIB would have no clue about. OK, great that INIS have this one sorted at least. Cheers

Beachboy

Re: Without Condition Endorsement and re-entry visa

Post by Beachboy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:07 pm

Hello,

Did anyone managed to travel with stamp 6 without a re entry visa? Airline staff usually want to see a visa and might not understand Without Condition Endorsement therefore I want to hear from those who traveled with non Irish passport with stamp 6 and without a visa.

I really appreciate your input.

Thanks!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:28 am

Hi,
You can apply for a re-entry visa based on Stamp 6 without condition stamp, but it is not free of charge, even if your spouse is irish national for example.
while travelling you can show your irish passport to the airport staff instead of you national one and there wouldn't be a problem travelling.
My husband always travels with two passports, and shows the appropriate passport to the appropriate authorities when needed.

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:55 am

agniukas wrote:Hi,
You can apply for a re-entry visa based on Stamp 6 without condition stamp, but it is not free of charge, even if your spouse is irish national for example.
while travelling you can show your irish passport to the airport staff instead of you national one and there wouldn't be a problem travelling.
My husband always travels with two passports, and shows the appropriate passport to the appropriate authorities when needed.
Hey,

I thought that they don't give re entry visa to stamp 6 holders as they are Irish citizens.

Can you please confirm that your husband is an Irish citizen and has stamp 6 with Irish re entry visa on his non Irish passport ?

This will be very helpful for me as I won't have time to apply for Irish passport before my travel.

Thank you very much!

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:35 pm

I'd very much appreciate your reply regarding the stamp 6 visa agniukas. Thanks