ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No UK Entry Stamp on Passport (ILR under 10 yrs rule)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrgsingh

No UK Entry Stamp on Passport (ILR under 10 yrs rule)

Post by mrgsingh » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:08 pm

I am going to apply my ILR in Aug12 under 10 yrs of long Residency. I just checked all stamps on my passport to count the days however didn't see a UK Entry Stamp. I remember that I was stopped on the Heathrow airport to do additional checking and later I was given the passport. I didn't realise that it wasn't stamped. What should I do? I don't have any boarding pass or flight details with me?

I also have a 26 days gap in my first visa which was applied through University. I asked HO to provide me the information under data protection act. I found that the application was raised on 6th Nov 2003 while my previous visa was until 31st Oct 2003 so there is a gap of 6 days. Could you please suggest if i need to write a letter to HO along with ILR application? Has anybody have any example of letter to obtain discretion on less than 10 days?

Your reply will be much appreciated

mrgsingh

Re: No UK Entry Stamp on Passport (ILR under 10 yrs rule)

Post by mrgsingh » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:55 pm

mrgsingh wrote:I am going to apply my ILR in Aug12 under 10 yrs of long Residency. I just checked all stamps on my passport to count the days however didn't see a UK Entry Stamp. I remember that I was stopped on the Heathrow airport to do additional checking and later I was given the passport. I didn't realise that it wasn't stamped. What should I do? I don't have any boarding pass or flight details with me?

I also have a 26 days gap in my first visa which was applied through University. I asked HO to provide me the information under data protection act. I found that the application was raised on 6th Nov 2003 while my previous visa was until 31st Oct 2003 so there is a gap of 6 days. Could you please suggest if i need to write a letter to HO along with ILR application? Has anybody have any example of letter to obtain discretion on less than 10 days?

Please give me some guidance...
I also have another question - At present, I am on a Tier 1 Visa which is valid until Nov12. As I will be finishing my 10 yrs in the UK on 17th Aug12, I am thinking to apply 28 days before this. However I have heard that I will only be eligible to apply after completing my 10 years (17th Aug 2012) as my current visa is until Nov12. Is it ture? Please guide me when will i be eligible to apply.

mubasher

Post by mubasher » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:53 pm

hi:
yep you can apply 28 days before

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:36 pm

mrgsingh wrote:
mrgsingh wrote:I am going to apply my ILR in Aug12 under 10 yrs of long Residency. I just checked all stamps on my passport to count the days however didn't see a UK Entry Stamp. I remember that I was stopped on the Heathrow airport to do additional checking and later I was given the passport. I didn't realise that it wasn't stamped. What should I do? I don't have any boarding pass or flight details with me?

Could anyone please give me any advise on this????

Please give me some guidance...
I also have another question - At present, I am on a Tier 1 Visa which is valid until Nov12. As I will be finishing my 10 yrs in the UK on 17th Aug12, I am thinking to apply 28 days before this. However I have heard that I will only be eligible to apply after completing my 10 years (17th Aug 2012) as my current visa is until Nov12. Is it ture? Please guide me when will i be eligible to apply.

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi

Could anybody please advise me about these???????