ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaring Traffic offence for Naturalisation!!! **** URGENT

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bncsuk
Newly Registered

Declaring Traffic offence for Naturalisation!!! **** URGENT

Post by bncsuk » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:37 am

Hello,

I will be applying for Naturalisation tomorrow and want to know if I need to declare the following:

I had a fixed penalty notice for bad parking from the council traffic warden which I paid (half fine within the time limits) in Sep 2010. Should I declare this considering it was more than a year ago?

I was involved a month ago in an accident and both of us drivers reproted the incident to our respective insurance company exchanging claim details. I was driving a companycar, but havent heard from the insurance company for a claim being made. Please advise if this need to be declared as well considering I have no information on any offence done apart from the other person's insurance claim information.

I'd be most greateful if someone could reply as I have my NCS appointment tomorrow.

Many thanks.

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:41 am

Its been a few months since filling in the form but a motor accident certainly wouldnt need to be declared unless you believe there is risk of prosecution for driving without due care & attention etc. I dont believe FPN have to be declared but work checking the guidance notes, certainly from another post on here the caseworkers handbook says not to consider them.

bncsuk
Newly Registered

Post by bncsuk » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:52 am

Many thanks for your reply,

happy to declare the FPN as it may be non-consequential however not so sure about the accident as I have no relevant details to support it - the form AN asks for criminal convications:civil judgment (including traffic offences)

Nature of offence - ?
Date sentenced - I wasnt sentences
Sentence given - None given
Country where sentenced - not sentenced

Now I haven't been sentenced or received any notifications from law so just wondering what do I record in here.

Regards

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:09 pm

By traffic offences it would be referring to speeding tickets etc which most people "forget" are actually offences and not just a risk of driving.

An RTA with no pending prosecutions I wouldnt mention at all as it isnt a driving offence, there are no pending civil judgements etc but ultimately it is your form and your decision.

bncsuk
Newly Registered

Post by bncsuk » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Thanks, thats helpful. I have decided not to mention given that I do not have evidence to support any of the info required.

damidamz
Newly Registered

Post by damidamz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:29 pm

do not mention it on your application mate

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:56 am

So, just to be clear, should speeding / stopping in yellow box etc. FPNs be declared or not?
And I'm asking presuming that they've been paid in full before any deadline.

damidamz
Newly Registered

Post by damidamz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:11 pm

they do not need to be declared on your application but they said if you received 2 fixed penalty within a year then you should wait till the first fixed penalty become 1 year. you can only get 1 fixed penalty in a year but like in my situation, i got 2 in a year and i didn't declare it and my application was successful