ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application form for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Maggie Xing
Newly Registered

Application form for ILR

Post by Maggie Xing » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:32 pm

I am under Tier 2 and will apply ILR next month. My daughter is my dependant but she is over 18. So she needs to fill a separate form. What kind of form does she need?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:25 am

You can include her in your form as long as you prove that she is still dependent on you

Maggie Xing
Newly Registered

Post by Maggie Xing » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Thank you very much for replying. I can't include her in my form though she is still my depedant because shi is over 18. She definitely needs to fill a separate form. I don't know which form suits her.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Maggie Xing wrote:Thank you very much for replying. I can't include her in my form though she is still my depedant because shi is over 18. She definitely needs to fill a separate form. I don't know which form suits her.
SET(O) form if applying with you at PEO and pay seperate fee of £1,350.

Maggie Xing
Newly Registered

Post by Maggie Xing » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:53 pm

mk357 wrote:
Maggie Xing wrote:Thank you very much for replying. I can't include her in my form though she is still my depedant because shi is over 18. She definitely needs to fill a separate form. I don't know which form suits her.
SET(O) form if applying with you at PEO and pay seperate fee of £1,350.
Many thanks! Do you mean my daughter should use the same form SET(O) as mine? I know if we apply at PEO and she needs to pay separate fee of GBP 1350.

ceyes
Newly Registered

Post by ceyes » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Your daughter has to apply using separate Set O form and pay full fees of £1350. Here are some points to note.
1. Tick the option - other purposes in section 3 B - reason= "Over 18 years dependent applying with parents who at the same time applying under .... category.
2. Your daughter has to pass Life in the UK
3. A covering letter explaining reasons for applying (section 10V)
4. A letter from you (main applicant) supporting her application and stating that she is dependent upon you and not leading an independent life.
5. If available university or college admission letter.

Good luck

Maggie Xing
Newly Registered

Post by Maggie Xing » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm

ceyes wrote:Your daughter has to apply using separate Set O form and pay full fees of £1350. Here are some points to note.
1. Tick the option - other purposes in section 3 B - reason= "Over 18 years dependent applying with parents who at the same time applying under .... category.
2. Your daughter has to pass Life in the UK
3. A covering letter explaining reasons for applying (section 10V)
4. A letter from you (main applicant) supporting her application and stating that she is dependent upon you and not leading an independent life.
5. If available university or college admission letter.

Good luck
Thank you so much that is very helpful.
My daughter has already passed Life in the UK test. She will ask for the college admission letter next week. All I need is a covering letter explaining reasons for applying. By the way, how many letters do I need to write?