ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Solihull 17 jan 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ssj
Newly Registered

ILR Success Solihull 17 jan 2012

Post by ssj » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Applied for ILR in Solihull. Me and one Child dependant (Aged 3)
Have to go to home country next month so could not wait for naturalisation of the child.

2 Yrs work permit + 3 years Tier 1.

Paper Asked by Case worker

1. Last 12 Months salary Slips + 12 Months Bank Statements.
have online salary slip so had got them attested from my employer with a
covering letter.
2. Degree
3. Maintenance fund Proof as the bank where salary goes was having a balance of 242 pounds. Showed last 3 months statment from another bank.

I had not added childcare vouchers in my salary as these are part of my salary sacrifice arrangement with the employer. She said does not matter if shown on salary slip you have to include them.

She did some checks on the computer for 10 minutes, told me she is granting me and my dependant ilr today and told me to go and pay.

Total stay with case worker 20 minutes

waited for the stamping for 90 minutes (went to a nearby mall for 1 hour)

total time 1 hr 50 minutes

went in at 900 came out at 1100, all done

Note: Case worker was one of the politest people i have ever met.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Congrats !

scs04
Newly Registered

Post by scs04 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Congrats!!!

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:13 pm

Congrats!

A quick question, do they issue BRP for ILR or stamp visa in passport?

Thanks

tknayak

Re: ILR Success Solihull 17 jan 2012

Post by tknayak » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:43 pm

ssj wrote: 2. Degree
3. Maintenance fund Proof as the bank where salary goes was having a balance of 242 pounds. Showed last 3 months statment from another bank.
Congrats on your success and thanks for posting your experience.

I wonder why the caseworker asked for the Degree and maintenance funds. Didn't you submit the same degree certificate during your Tier1 application last time?

And maintenance funds is not a requirement for ILR. I am surprised that the case worker was interested in checking your savings.

Do you have any comments to make?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:15 am

That’s correct tknayak. There is no maintenance finds requirement in Tier-1 yet.

ssj
Newly Registered

Post by ssj » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:15 am

she asked for degree because i had ticked the box original certificate provided.

i asked her the same question, she said the rule says the candidate should satisfy all the points for tier 1 and one of the points for initial tier 1 is you satisfy the maintenance fund requirement.

ssj
Newly Registered

Post by ssj » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:16 am

jd it is visa on passport

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:51 am

If you were relying on the same degree as you did at the time of previous applications; and you had selected the option ‘evidence provided in previous application’ then she wouldn’t have asked you to provide the degree.

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:20 pm

ssj wrote:she asked for degree because i had ticked the box original certificate provided.
This is understood.
ssj wrote:i asked her the same question, she said the rule says the candidate should satisfy all the points for tier 1 and one of the points for initial tier 1 is you satisfy the maintenance fund requirement.
The Tier1 applicants will have to score the points they were supposed to (in my case 75 points). This does not include the points scored for the Maintenance funds. Maintenance funds are definitely not a requirement today, as mentioned in the FAQ of this site. This is also not asked in the SET(O) form. There were evidences of applicants getting approval with minimal amount of money in their account.

But sometimes the caseworkers ensure that you have enough money to look after your family. Although lack of money as deposit cannot be the reason for refusal.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:29 pm

That’s true, you are not required to have too much money in your account but it’s advisable to have sufficient funds to look after you and your family due to the nature of ILR.