ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can the ho reject the applicaton because of old photo?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

reda
Member of Standing

can the ho reject the applicaton because of old photo?

Post by reda » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:32 pm

hi everybody,
after reading the guidance for photograph i realise that my friend send his
AN application for apply for citizenship with the same photo which he sent for his PR application one year ago(blue card with same photo dated one year ago is including in the AN application)
what will happing if the case worker notice that?and what my friend can do before his file reach the caseworker disk?
thank you in advance.

osteophytes

Re: can the ho reject the applicaton because of old photo?

Post by osteophytes » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:04 am

reda wrote:hi everybody,
AN application for apply for citizenship with the same photo which he sent for his PR application one year ago(blue card with same photo dated one year ago is including in the AN application)
what will happing if the case worker notice that?and what my friend can do before his file reach the caseworker disk?
thank you in advance.
Did he get the acknowledgement letter? If he has, write a letter explaining the problem and enclose the new photos (quoting the reference number). Otherwise wait until he gets the acknowledgement and then write.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:42 am

osteophytes wrote:
thank you in advance.
Did he get the acknowledgement letter? If he has, write a letter explaining the problem and enclose the new photos (quoting the reference number). Otherwise wait until he gets the acknowledgement and then write.

thank you for your replay,after reading the photograph guidance again i think is not compulsory the photos should be less than month but i'm not sure,the other side the referees sign for the other photo if i send another one may the case worker reject the new one because is not the one the referees sign for,what do you think guys?
in case i don't send any thing to HO do you think the case worker can reject the application or ask about another photo?

please help.

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:30 pm

reda wrote:
osteophytes wrote:
thank you in advance.

thank you for your replay,after reading the photograph guidance again i think is not compulsory the photos should be less than month but i'm not sure,the other side the referees sign for the other photo if i send another one may the case worker reject the new one because is not the one the referees sign for,what do you think guys?
in case i don't send any thing to HO do you think the case worker can reject the application or ask about another photo?

please help.
hi there,
I'm not expert but I think that is not necessary the photo must taken within one month,the fact that your blue card with the that photo is valid for indefinite period (if your friend is eea citizen),in case you still have doubt contact the HO or wait for moderators answer.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:55 pm

My photos were the same ones I had on my Permanent Residence card, and I was still accepted!

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:13 am

raoulll wrote:
reda wrote:
osteophytes wrote:
thank you in advance.

please help.
hi there,
I'm not expert but I think that is not necessary the photo must taken within one month,the fact that your blue card with the that photo is valid for indefinite period (if your friend is eea citizen),in case you still have doubt contact the HO or wait for moderators answer.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:50 am

osteophytes wrote:
raoulll wrote:
reda wrote:
osteophytes wrote:

please help.
hi there,
from my understanding to the guidance you sent me is not applicable for all application(The requirements listed above are mandatory for some applications ) and I fail to see AN application in that guidance
do you think that AN application is not concern it about that guidance?

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:55 am

reda wrote:
osteophytes wrote:
raoulll wrote:
reda wrote:

please help.
hi there,
from my understanding to the guidance you sent me is not applicable for all application(The requirements listed above are mandatory for some applications ) and I fail to see AN application in that guidance
do you think that AN application is not concern it about that guidance?
To quote from the link "In particular, the format specified in the first list of requirements below is mandatory where an application for a biometric immigration document is made."

So,

Mandatory requirements are for biometric applications and those are in the first set. The one month rule is in the second set and I believe it refers to all immigration applications

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:19 am

What you suggest,bearing in mind that referees sign for the old photo and sunblue his AN application was accepted please i need guru opinion in this serious mater.

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:39 am

reda wrote:What you suggest,bearing in mind that referees sign for the old photo and sunblue his AN application was accepted please i need guru opinion in this serious mater.
I am not a guru. So I have nothing more to say

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:18 am

osteophytes wrote:
reda wrote:What you suggest,bearing in mind that referees sign for the old photo and sunblue his AN application was accepted please i need guru opinion in this serious mater.
No offence,I'm just confuse about what I have to do and want hear guru opinion but the first question was for you,your help will be highly appreciated .

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:36 pm

reda wrote:
osteophytes wrote:
No offence,I'm just confuse about what I have to do and want hear guru opinion but the first question was for you,your help will be highly appreciated .
I did not take any offence and I am interested in others opinion too.

In my opinion, you have three options

1) Dont do any thing (there is a good chance that the case worker will not care that much. And as some one posted above they got the naturalisation with out any problem in a similar situation. If you read the AN1 form guidance, they say that the photograph should be recent and there is no definition of what "recent" means. But when I used a solicitor for my wife's ILR application, she was insistent on the photo being recent, and she literally checked the photographs of other visas in the passport to make sure the photos we submitted were not similar to any of them)

2) You can call the home office and ask them (but there is a risk that you might draw unwanted attention to the problem and on the positive side, they might tell you what to do)

3) If you used NCS, then you should be at least partially OK because they should have checked it.

So, it all depends on how quickly you want to be a UK citizen. If a few motnhs delay is not going to cause any significant problems for you, just keep quiet and hope for the best. The worst thing that could happen is they will reject your application based on wrong photos and will ask you to resubmit. But if you have a pressing need to get the UK passport (for what ever reason), then it is better to call UKBA and ask their opinion.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:54 pm

The worst thing that could happen is they will reject your application based on wrong photos and will ask you to resubmit.
what about fees.

masha.ketu
Newly Registered

Post by masha.ketu » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:03 pm

I just discovered I do have the same issue. Submitted my application through NCS and did not get queried about the picture. I did assume that it must be within 6 months. I used the same picture for ILR in August and also apply for visa to Ireland. Only just received my acknowledge today.

Do the photograph appear on the certificate /notification sent by UKBA when aproved? Maybe send a new photo by special delivery tomorrow.!

Just hope I would not be told to get the 2 referees to sign again!

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:37 pm

reda wrote:
The worst thing that could happen is they will reject your application based on wrong photos and will ask you to resubmit.
what about fees.
Probably you will lose the fee.

Here is the situation - according to AN1 guidance the photograph should be recent but they don't clarify what recent means! And the only official UKBA guidance on photographs available on their website says that photographs should be taken with in the last 1 month. So, officially your photographs are not meeting their standards. Having said that, the case worker might not notice it.

So if you want to be 100% sure, call them and ask what you should do. If they ask you to resend the form, your application processing will be delayed by few weeks rather than months.

I don't think there is any straight forward answer and you have to make a decision.

PS: Just found this on the discussion board from 2009
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#305550

May be it is a good idea to call them!

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:08 am

osteophytes wrote:
reda wrote:
what about fees.
Probably you will lose the fee.

Here is the situation - according to AN1 guidance the photograph should be recent but they don't clarify what recent means! And the only official UKBA guidance on photographs available on their website says that photographs should be taken with in the last 1 month. So, officially your photographs are not meeting their standards. Having said that, the case worker might not notice it.

So if you want to be 100% sure, call them and ask what you should do. If they ask you to resend the form, your application processing will be delayed by few weeks rather than months.

I don't think there is any straight forward answer and you have to make a decision.

PS: Just found this on the discussion board from 2009
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#305550

May be it is a good idea to call them!
i going to call them and see how it goes,Thank you very much for your precious help.

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:35 am

reda wrote:
i going to call them and see how it goes,Thank you very much for your precious help.
Call them two or three times and follow the advise which is consistent.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:10 pm

osteophytes wrote:
reda wrote:
Call them two or three times and follow the advise which is consistent.
I called 3 times,the first time the lady said you have to send your new photo because it's says recent photo I told her it could be one year photo age conceder as recent if we look how long it will be valid she reply only couple of months no more,the two other they say no problem at all he still the same face,really is confuse me a lot, who I going to follow....

masha.ketu
Newly Registered

Post by masha.ketu » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:31 pm

I did call 4 times and got a consistent answer that there was no need to send a new picture as mine was less than 6 months.

Was told if there was any facial change then I would need a new one.

I would leave it as it. But would love it in writing. Do they respond to email enquiries?

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:16 am

masha.ketu wrote:I did call 4 times and got a consistent answer that there was no need to send a new picture as mine was less than 6 months.

I would leave it as it. But would love it in writing. Do they respond to email enquiries?
ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

masha.ketu
Newly Registered

Post by masha.ketu » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:49 am

osteophytes wrote:
masha.ketu wrote:I did call 4 times and got a consistent answer that there was no need to send a new picture as mine was less than 6 months.

I have sent a couple of mails and yet to receive a response.

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:16 pm

masha.ketu wrote:
osteophytes wrote:

I have sent a couple of mails and yet to receive a response.
They will respond but might take a few days

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

thank you in advance.
hi everybody,i just say thank you to osteophytes for his help as my friend got his approval for citizenchip even with one year old photo,and below his timeline

22 Dec send application
23 Dec received by UKBA
14 Jan received letter from HO dated 11Jan
8 March received Citizenship invitation dated 01/03/12