ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Immigration Raid"

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

mirzhar

"Immigration Raid"

Post by mirzhar » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:25 am

Hi Dear all

I have a question i have takeaway business in co Kerry yesterday I open my business as normal days around 6 pm immigration officer accompanied by garda , revenue commissioner walked in showed me their official IDs .

I said ok fine they went in the Spam and took my chef out and asked about our passport and IDs

My Chef was from Bangladesh but he is Irish national and i was on stamp4 eufam

No problem they said routine check and in the meanwhile the takeaway and resturants i know they been to all .

The only problem was with me was that i am living in differnt county and moved from their to here in Co Kerry just week ago becuase i bought new business

Why i haven't register with my local immigration office yet ?

And have i informed the Department regarding change of address

i said no not yet i am only here last one week . i will do that as soon as i found reasonable accomodation for my family and thats all

and they left . exact time spend with me 7 min

In other resturant 2 arrested and spend 2 hours .

Total number of people walked in was 8 and 4 was standing on sites around my resturant ..

IS THAT NORMAL ROUTINE CHECK ??

Muttsnuts

Re: "Immigration Raid"

Post by Muttsnuts » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:40 am

mirzhar wrote:Hi Dear all

I have a question i have takeaway business in co Kerry yesterday I open my business as normal days around 6 pm immigration officer accompanied by garda , revenue commissioner walked in showed me their official IDs .

I said ok fine they went in the Spam and took my chef out and asked about our passport and IDs

No problem they said routine check and in the meanwhile the takeaway and resturants i know they been to all .

The only problem was with me was that i am living in differnt county and moved from their to here in Co Kerry just week ago becuase i bought new business

i said no not yet i am only here last one week . i will do that as soon as i found reasonable accomodation for my family and thats all

Total number of people walked in was 8 and 4 was standing on sites around my resturant ..

Yep this is normal and routine. Many such restaurants get raided in this manner. It is often the case that unregistered persons/students work in the Spam of certain types of takeaways so this is where alot of people get caught out by immigration.

mirzhar

hey thanks

Post by mirzhar » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Hey thanks for your reply .. never mind but waking up signal for all of us immigrants

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: hey thanks

Post by Ben » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:52 pm

mirzhar wrote:Hey thanks for your reply .. never mind but waking up signal for all of us immigrants
Only for the illegal ones.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

adlexy

Re: "Immigration Raid"

Post by adlexy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:07 pm

Muttsnuts wrote:
mirzhar wrote:Hi Dear all

Yep this is normal and routine. Many such restaurants get raided in this manner. It is often the case that unregistered persons/students work in the Spam of certain types of takeaways so this is where alot of people get caught out by immigration.

Yes, this is quite normal (these are desperate times. The essence is to make sure that illegals or "illegos" are not being employed while legal immigrants and Irish are without jobs. Generally, the assumption is that illegals are paid cheaper rates!).

They left you after only 7mins because they found out that both of you are legally resident in Ireland. And that drama about registration with local Garda is irrelevant as your card is still valid. It becomes an issue if your card has expired or if you have moved permanently.

This is routine and has nothing to do with just "unregistered persons/ students" Note that most students are legally allowed to work 20hours per week - though this is mostly unenforced.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:45 am

its just routine check you dont have to worry about at all.

mirzhar

thanks

Post by mirzhar » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:59 am

Thanks for all your reply and feedback

No not at all i am worried a bit about their visit ...

That's their right to visit any where any time . As being a valuable contributor here in Ireland we have a right to see and watch what s happening around us.

Follow the guide line and everything is fine .. But people out of system who are with their families

would govt should not introduce some kind of law where illegal immigrants get protection and then they should not be looking for illegal work

I agreed employer employee immigrants to save money and illegal work to get on with their life..

Anyway .... Thanks in advance for any other feedback