ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and docs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

hsmp2010

ILR and docs

Post by hsmp2010 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:05 pm

Hello,
I didnt get work and didnt claim any benefits in third and fourth year and in remaining years of 5 years period I worked and paid tax. Last year I worked and paid tax and still working. I paid NI contributions throughout 5 years but I need to know do I really need to show mine all 5 years tax returns if I will will it be bad impact ?
thanx

1sppandey

Post by 1sppandey » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Depends on what visa you are currently on. If its tier 1 general. all other things being normal i.e. your point scores, you may only need to show financial proof for the last 12 months or 12 months out of the last consecutive 15 montth before application of ILR. But do get a second opinion on that..!!

I wonder how did you pay NI even when you were not working..?? as you say you paid NI for all 5 years..?

hsmp2010

Post by hsmp2010 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:20 pm

I am covered by ILR JR so no need of point scoring just have to show economic activity

1sppandey

Post by 1sppandey » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:42 pm

hsmp2010 wrote:I am covered by ILR JR so no need of point scoring just have to show economic activity
In that case pls get advise from some more people from the forum as I am not well aquainted with the JR rules... best of luck

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:37 pm

you need to show economic activity during your stay in the UK - a lot depends on the case worker. normally they want to see p60s/45s covering the 5 year period + payslips/bank statements for the last 3 months.
however, some may not insist on p60s/45s and/or happy with a few.

As far as i know continuous employment is not a requirement for settlement however I am not too sure if long unemployment has any negative impact.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:42 pm

In theory, they should only look for Income in past 12 of the 15 months period. If you were unemployed in the past, and as long as you have not claimed any public funds it should be alright.
Again as other suggested, a lot depends on case worker.