ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:22 am

Will Singh wrote:We just recieved my wife's passport in the post, it took just under 4 weeks, so its not bad as there was the Christmas and New years break in between.

I would like to thank all the members for there help through good times and bad, it is well worth the wait and patience in the key for all the people still waiting.

Good luck and God bless.

Congratulations :D :D and God bless.

aadam09
Newly Registered

Post by aadam09 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi just wanted to know my husband came in to the uk on 26th Jan 09 he.got.his.ilr on 04 Jan2011 can he apply now for BC??? As ffor docs its a straight forward case no criminal activity no fines no.nothing do I send bank statements and payslips

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:38 pm

aadam09 wrote:Hi just wanted to know my husband came in to the uk on 26th Jan 09 he.got.his.ilr on 04 Jan2011 can he apply now for BC??? As ffor docs its a straight forward case no criminal activity no fines no.nothing do I send bank statements and payslips
It seems that you have already been given an answer to the exact same question here.

aadam09
Newly Registered

Post by aadam09 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Jambo wrote:
aadam09 wrote:Hi just wanted to know my husband came in to the uk on 26th Jan 09 he.got.his.ilr on 04 Jan2011 can he apply now for BC??? As ffor docs its a straight forward case no criminal activity no fines no.nothing do I send bank statements and payslips
It seems that you have already been given an answer to the exact same question here.
I was asking the people who have been thru the process. Was wondering what they sent. The answer that was first given to me wasn't helpful u guys just say look here see here but dint really say anything

engineer83
Newly Registered

Post by engineer83 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:52 pm

aadam09 wrote:
Jambo wrote:
I was asking the people who have been thru the process. Was wondering what they sent. The answer that was first given to me wasn't helpful u guys just say look here see here but dint really say anything
aadam don't get upset, the easy and quickest way is to arrange an appointment with NCS (after completing AN form), they will explain as what documents are required as part of your submissions. Generally there is no requirement for pay slips and bank statements.

aadam09
Newly Registered

Post by aadam09 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 pm

engineer83 wrote:
aadam09 wrote:
Jambo wrote:
aadam don't get upset, the easy and quickest way is to arrange an appointment with NCS (after completing AN form), they will explain as what documents are required as part of your submissions. Generally there is no requirement for pay slips and bank statements.

Thank you soo.much that has helped a lot its just soo confusing when you doing it the first time makes it soo simpler when some one explains it. That was all I was asking. Thank you again oh quick question the documents I used for ILR was esol certificate and letter can I use it again for this application or would he have to take and course or test

engineer83
Newly Registered

Post by engineer83 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:15 pm

aadam09 wrote:
engineer83 wrote:
aadam09 wrote:
Jambo wrote: It seems that you have already been given an answer to the exact same question here.

Thank you soo.much that has helped a lot its just soo confusing when you doing it the first time makes it soo simpler when some one explains it. That was all I was asking. Thank you again oh quick question the documents I used for ILR was esol certificate and letter can I use it again for this application or would he have to take and course or test
Aadam sorry for late response, yes you can use same esol certificate.

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:07 pm

From naturalisation application processing timelines, I can see UKBA have started dealing with November applications. I hope all those waiting like me will get good news soon. I am still biting my nails :cry: :cry: :cry:

Blackhole

Nonember 2011

Post by Blackhole » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:23 pm

same here

I have applied on 8th Nov 2011
fees debited on 23th
aknowkedgement received on 24th

and since NOTHING

i have called today and they said my case was assigned to a case worker last week,
Dont know how long is gonna take

i guess we have to wait

thats all :(

osteophytes

Re: Nonember 2011

Post by osteophytes » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:57 am

Blackhole wrote:same here

I have applied on 8th Nov 2011
fees debited on 23th
aknowkedgement received on 24th

and since NOTHING

i have called today and they said my case was assigned to a case worker last week,
Dont know how long is gonna take

i guess we have to wait

thats all :(
Once seen by the case worker, decision will be made very soon - week to two weeks max

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:45 pm

oscar22 wrote:From naturalisation application processing timelines, I can see UKBA have started dealing with November applications. I hope all those waiting like me will get good news soon. I am still biting my nails :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oscar22

you mentioned that u applied in november which is the same here

woundering if you have called HO at all?

I have called them about six times and the answers are vary
last week was told my application is with case worker
today the said still under security check!!!!!!

confusing

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Blackhole wrote:
oscar22 wrote:From naturalisation application processing timelines, I can see UKBA have started dealing with November applications. I hope all those waiting like me will get good news soon. I am still biting my nails :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oscar22

you mentioned that u applied in november which is the same here

woundering if you have called HO at all?

I have called them about six times and the answers are vary
last week was told my application is with case worker
today the said still under security check!!!!!!

confusing
Blackhole
I applied on Nov 14. I have refrained calling HO as I am very sure they will give me a different answer every time I call especially after reading past posts on this thread. I am just learning to be......patient...mmm ...have finished biting my nails and wondering what next now :x :x :x :x

KFM
Newly Registered

Post by KFM » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:48 pm

Sent mine through post on 11th Nov and was recieved on the 14th Nov. No news but have decided not to phone them but wait untill end of this month/1st week in Feb

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:32 pm

KFM wrote:Sent mine through post on 11th Nov and was recieved on the 14th Nov. No news but have decided not to phone them but wait untill end of this month/1st week in Feb
kfm
i have also sent mine on November 9th, since I called several times and always different answers
I will not be stopping calling them though

i have seen some applications were sent on December and they got approva already while some people who applied back on Aug still waiting !!!!

strange :(

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:50 pm

I applied on 01/11/11 via NCS Bedford, the tracking service show it was received on 04/11/11. The payment was debited about 3 weeks later. Rang yesterday to chase progress - told them I didn't have a ref number as had not received any paperwork and they said my application was in final stages with case worker/ case person (can't remember exact wording) - am I to assume it won't be long now?

KFM
Newly Registered

Post by KFM » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:29 pm

@Blackhole - Cherryplum applied before us but yet to get approval. I think the applications are treated on case by case basis so "patience" is the word. Our time will come.

ahmad74
Newly Registered

Post by ahmad74 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi,

I have applied on the 09/09/2011 and still waiting for the approval
today I have called the home office and was told that a decision was made on my case but have to wait couple of weeks to recieve it.

so why I have to wait couple of weeks if the decision is already made ?
should be couple of days !!! :(

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi
Any updates from all those waiting?
Finally, I have run out of "patience" :o :o . Just called UKBA and was informed they can only provide me a progress report of my application after six months are over :evil: :evil: As I had made a postal application, I have requested my documents (passports/marriage cert etc.) back if they had scanned them into their system.
What a day :roll: :roll: It’s exactly one year since we applied naturalization/registration for my spouse & kids which took "exactly 17 days for applications to be approved from the day we sent them (postal) to the day the approvals were delivered by Royal Mail special delivery" ....how times have changed :shock: :shock:

The UKBA customer service lady was polite and informed me it would take approx. 10 days to get my docs back (in the self-addressed special delivery envelope!!)..I just cross my fingers and hope they see my application is straight forward case and include my approval there...if not I keep waiting.. :( :( :(

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:00 pm

I've applied in May 2011! and got my approval last week. You guys need to be a bit patient :)

Good luck!

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:43 pm

@Sam_London

You have scared us mate.... Hope we all get our approvals quick.. I applied on 11th nov.. Ack letter issued on 5th dec... still waiting

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:51 pm

I don't mind waiting but really annoyed to see that some already got approval where acknowledgements were issued after me. I am happy for people who got approvals but HO needs to have consistent policy in deciding cases

anear
Newly Registered

Post by anear » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:53 pm

what number did you call?

I rang 0845 010 5200 which is on the acknowledgement letter, but all I heard is recordings. There is nobody answer the phone.

[quote="ahmad74"]Hi,

today I have called the home office and was told that a decision was made on my case but have to wait couple of weeks to recieve it.

should be couple of days !!! :([/quote]

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:58 pm

anear wrote:what number did you call?

I rang 0845 010 5200 which is on the acknowledgement letter, but all I heard is recordings. There is nobody answer the phone.
ahmad74 wrote:Hi,

should be couple of days !!! :(
that s the number just choose option 2 then 2 again

then you are through talking to some one BUT

again from my experience with them as i called about 6 /7 times every one gives you different answer

also some people here reported that when they caleed they were told application still on the Q next day they received their approval

which give me a sense of that their staff have no idea of what they are talking about

KFM
Newly Registered

Post by KFM » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 am

At work though but just been informed that a brown envelope has been delivered to my address by post - If is what am expecting then its taken 11weeks. Can wait to get home to open it, hope is a good news!!!

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:30 am

KFM wrote:At work though but just been informed that a brown envelope has been delivered to my address by post - If is what am expecting then its taken 11weeks. Can wait to get home to open it, hope is a good news!!!
KFM

Hope the envelope is bringing approval to you

i am so happy for u, and as we almost applied at the same time ( 2 days before you) ; i hope good news are coming to us as well

please keep us informed

congratulation in advance mate