ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting times for Set (Protection Route) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UnemployedandMiserable
Newly Registered

Post by UnemployedandMiserable » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:06 am

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for Set (Protection Route) applications to be processed.

Thank you for your contributions.

UnemployedandMiserable
Newly Registered

Post by UnemployedandMiserable » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:39 am

Hi All

I received my ILR after 3 months. I hope this information is of help to people who apply for ILR - Set (protection route).

Regards
Unemployed (but no longer Miserable)

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:34 pm

are there any other people who applied for ILR under SET protection route received reply within 3 months?

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:51 pm

I applied end of March, no letter of acknowledgement was received up till now. I called and was told to write to them. I emailed them, and up till now, no reply. A bit worried.

fais11
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting times for Set (Protection Route) applications

Post by fais11 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:37 pm

UnemployedandMiserable wrote:Hi All

I received my ILR after 3 months. I hope this information is of help to people who apply for ILR - Set (protection route).

Regards

Thanks for the information at least we know what to expect then.... thanks again.

fais11
Newly Registered

Same here

Post by fais11 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:40 pm

sunning27 wrote:I applied end of March, no letter of acknowledgement was received up till now. I called and was told to write to them. I emailed them, and up till now, no reply. A bit worried.

Same here and also one of my friend.......didn't receive acknowledgement letter. Hopefully u will get urs soon.

manhuwa
Newly Registered

Post by manhuwa » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:03 pm

Sent application 5th September, got acknowledgement letter 20th September, although it was dated 15th September.
got papers with stamped ILR back on 28th October. ILR stamp is dated 19th October.
So process took 7 weeks.

My advice is apply early, i applied the day my visa was left with 30 days to expire by next day first class post. Also make sure all papwerwork is in order, eg birth certificates of children born in the UK, marriage certficates, previous correspondence from UKBA, copies of all leave to remain given, all necessary documents. This will mean it very easy for them to process.
Also i got a reminder letter from them after (although after i had already applied which states that you must submit an application as your existing leave is about to expire). All people with refugee status must get this reminder letter to apply for ILR just when their leave is about to expire, but dont wait for it. Just apply on the day your visa will be left with 30 days to expire, with all documents .. The process becomes shorter than the 12 weeks reported by others or lack of acknowledgement letters etc. Remember to give UKBA all your previous Immigration Status documents, marriage certificates, passports, birth certificates , grant of asylum status letters etc. That helps in quick replies.

CrystalK
Newly Registered

Post by CrystalK » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Gongratulation for all of you who have received your ILR

I had sent my application on 22/08/11, acknowlged produced 20/09/11
it has been 10 weeks now i have not heard back

to Manhuwa, mmh your application has been processed very quickly. because even your acknoledgement letter was produced in 10 days while mine took almost 4 weeks. How come u send (extra) document regarding your initial asylum application decision. when in the ILR form they had clearly state that you dont have to do so. Did someone give you this advise. :roll: Am very happy for you. all the best
i guess if i start conting from the day they had produced my acknowledgement then this is my 7th week. i might hear from them by next week :lol: i can only dream for now

manhuwa
Newly Registered

Post by manhuwa » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:08 pm

no one gave me any advice , when dealing with UKBA its good to keep all paperwork and letters they send you. it saves them time when cross checking their records because they use reference numbers on the letters to pull out their records and its easier for them to compile your data as they use a lot of databases.

yes my acknowledgement letter was done in 10 days, and they even sent me a reminder letter telling me to apply , but by then i had already sent the application. Yes going by what everyone is saying, that they wait 3 months etc, in total my application took 7 weeks only

CrystalK
Newly Registered

Post by CrystalK » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Got my documents on saturday 12/11/2011. With ILR stamped on the 01/11/2011. am over the moon. not sure why it took 10 days to get to me.

for those who are after the time scale, it takes 10-12 weeks

all the best

fais11
Newly Registered

Don't worry abt it !

Post by fais11 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:39 am

Any one worrying abt acknowledgement letter, and the waiting time for ILR, I would say don't worry abt it some don't get acknowledged at all and waiting time is around 12-14 weeks average, that's how long my one took. Hope this help.

Arash
Newly Registered

Post by Arash » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi
Can you travel to your own country with indefinite leave as humantrian protection . The reason I'm asking coz in my previouse document was mentioned no entry to my own country and I don't know if is going to say on my indefinite but I'm waiting coz I just send recently .
Please come back to me thanks

Arash
Newly Registered

Post by Arash » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:06 pm

UnemployedandMiserable wrote:Hi All

Regards

Hi
Can you travel to your own country with indefinite leave as humantrian protection . The reason I'm asking coz in my previouse document was mentioned no entry to my own country and I don't know if is going to say on my indefinite but I'm waiting coz I just send recently .
Please come back to me thanks