ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in UK granted - Can I work for short contracts in europe

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

artfreak9

ILR in UK granted - Can I work for short contracts in europe

Post by artfreak9 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:39 am

Hi,
Just wanted to query if I can work in europe (in the EU member states) if i have a ILR granted in the UK?

My situation:

ILR granted sucessfully in the UK in October 2011... (after 5 years on HSMP/Tier1)
Me: An Indian passport holder (planning naturalization in Oct 2012)

I have been freelancing (using a UK registered umbrella company) for digital media agencies in the UK...

The question is I have been offered a short 2 week contract at the Amsterdam office of one of the agencies I have worked for in the UK.
Can I take up this work? ..or would that go against immigration /UK work laws?
Anyone know about this? would be great to get some insight into this ..or point me in the direction of any similar posts on here please...

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Rohan...

Re: ILR in UK granted - Can I work for short contracts in eu

Post by 2012 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:42 pm

artfreak9 wrote:Hi,
Just wanted to query if I can work in europe (in the EU member states) if i have a ILR granted in the UK?

My situation:

ILR granted sucessfully in the UK in October 2011... (after 5 years on HSMP/Tier1)
Me: An Indian passport holder (planning naturalization in Oct 2012)

I have been freelancing (using a UK registered umbrella company) for digital media agencies in the UK...

The question is I have been offered a short 2 week contract at the Amsterdam office of one of the agencies I have worked for in the UK.
Can I take up this work? ..or would that go against immigration /UK work laws?
Anyone know about this? would be great to get some insight into this ..or point me in the direction of any similar posts on here please...

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Rohan...
1. ILR holders are UK permanenet residence and there is no restrictions on work as u r free from immigration control.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:33 pm

No, you can't work in the Europe with an UK PR. You need business/work visa.

genorp

Post by genorp » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:42 pm

ban.s is correct.
Your ILR lifts immigration restrictions only within the UK. Not until you get UK citizenship do you attain EU freedom of movement.