ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizens spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

biggerjosh

Irish citizens spouse

Post by biggerjosh » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi all
Just wanna know whether my spouse can apply for citizenship,we have been married for four years living in Ireland for about 3.5 years.I got my citizenship last year so whether she can apply on the basis of being married to a Irish citizen,the INIS states that an Irish citizens spouse can apply after three years if they both are living in Ireland for the three year period but nothing about naturalized Irish citizen.
Your response will be highly appreciated Thanks

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:46 pm

She can apply for citizenship on the basis of marriage to an Irish national once you have held your Irish citizenship for 3 years. The 3 years starts counting from when you received your Irish citizenship.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:56 am

Are you sure about this Monife? I'm sure I had an application approved before, when we applied just after husband received Naturalisation Cert...

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:10 pm

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:Are you sure about this Monife? I'm sure I had an application approved before, when we applied just after husband received Naturalisation Cert...
I am not 100% sure but it is what I read on this forum from other knowledgeable posters.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton