ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Solihull WP +2 dependents same employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

karthik71080
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Solihull WP +2 dependents same employer

Post by karthik71080 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Dear All,
First of all let me thank you for your guidance and support

Thanks for the FAQ & Sticky notes.

I applied ILR at Solihull on my own following the forum guidance/information and people's experiences and their feed back and their replies on 3.1.12

Am on old system 5 year work permit (2007-2012) with a single employer from last 5 years

Case Worker requested Documents List:
1. Letter from my employer confirming my salary above the SOC
2. Life in the UK Pass certificates for me and my wife
3. Three months payslips
4. Three months bank statements
5. Cohabitation documents Any 2 ( Council tax and water bill for 2011 and 2010)

That’s it
All it took 10 mins and collected passports after 2 hours.

Seems very simple now, but I felt lots of tension from last couple of weeks.
At last everything done successfully.

Thanks every body.

dsoso

ilr application

Post by dsoso » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:48 pm

hi, just seen your post on your successful application for ilr,i sure can understand your relief after much tension beforehand so congrats.i am due for mine in a few months time,june precisely.i do have a few questions to help clarify my assumtions if you would oblige me please.
1.what is soc you stated and where can i find more info on it.
2.you said you were asked for cohabilitation documents i.e.water bills,where these for the past two years or just one bill each from the past two years?
3.i have never been able to understand how much one needs to have in her bank account in order to apply,would you be able to advise on this too?i ve two dependants.
I look forward to you reply.
Thanks

malepiscean

Re: ilr application

Post by malepiscean » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:09 pm

dsoso wrote:1.what is soc you stated and where can i find more info on it.

1) check your SOC code here
2) check the appropriate level of salary here
dsoso wrote:3.i have never been able to understand how much one needs to have in her bank account in order to apply,would you be able to advise on this too?
For ILR there is no maintenance requirement as such but it would be good if you can show a bank statement (not more than 3 months old) with some funds showing you can take care of yourself and your dependants.

dsoso

Post by dsoso » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 pm

ok,thanks a lot.

scs04
Newly Registered

Post by scs04 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Congrats!!!

adil2009

Re: ILR Success at Solihull WP +2 dependents same employer

Post by adil2009 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi karthik71080 , many congrats. just a quick one , i am also on 5 years WP (old one). my wife is just joining me ,we are going to apply soon for ILR. Question is ,she didn't stay with me for 2 years .she is on WP dependent visa.
We still need to show Cohabitation documents. as i heard on WP dependent they dont need this ?

vinsha
Newly Registered

Post by vinsha » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi Karthik
congratulations on your p.r, well my qus. is quiet similar to Adi.
I am also work permit holder and working with same employer, I dont have any cohabitation documents, only got couple of latter from Nhs( also my son born here in u.k.) Is it must to have cohabitation documents for work permit holder.I am trying to arrange some bills on her name but those will be so latest. I have already booked my appointment glasgow peo on 16.2.12.

PLEASE ADVICE ASAP

scs04
Newly Registered

Post by scs04 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:23 pm

For your dependent proof, NHS letter, House agreement (should have both of your names in it), previous WP extention of spouse etc should do. These documents should cover atlease last two years.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:48 am

Spouses need to have spent minimum 2 years in the UK before they can apply for ILR. If the main applicant gets ILR, they must (ASAP) apply for the spouses FLR as the spouse's visa expires once the main applicant gets ILR. getting FLR for the spouse is the only option.

I know ist costly, but I've explored all options and there is no other way.