ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:02 pm

KFM wrote:At work though but just been informed that a brown envelope has been delivered to my address by post - If is what am expecting then its taken 11weeks. Can wait to get home to open it, hope is a good news!!!
KFM
I am sure today is your day. Congratulations & enjoy the day :) :) . To all others waiting like me, we will try to be "patient" and hope lady luck smiles upon us soon :wink: :wink:

KFM
Newly Registered

Post by KFM » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi Folks, I have opened my small brown envelope, it has in it my passport and a letter. Am quoting from the 2nd paragraph "I am please to say that the application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony". Its been a long journey but anything that has beginning has an end. Patience is the key. Thanks to all.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Sam_London wrote:I've applied in May 2011! and got my approval last week. You guys need to be a bit patient :)

Good luck!
Hey Sam_London...Congrats...i remember you applied at about same time as me...i guess it has been a long wait for you...but in the end..its all good..well done mate...all the best in life

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:20 am

Thanks RNR! :)
rnr79 wrote:
Sam_London wrote:I've applied in May 2011! and got my approval last week. You guys need to be a bit patient :)

Good luck!
Hey Sam_London...Congrats...i remember you applied at about same time as me...i guess it has been a long wait for you...but in the end..its all good..well done mate...all the best in life

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:41 am

Congrats KFM. Hope i will get response soon because my case was received by HO on same date as your's (on 14/11/11). This wait is killing me :(
KFM wrote:Hi Folks, I have opened my small brown envelope, it has in it my passport and a letter. Am quoting from the 2nd paragraph "I am please to say that the application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony". Its been a long journey but anything that has beginning has an end. Patience is the key. Thanks to all.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi Guys: cherryplum, Oscar, cricinfo

any news today:
approvals or phone calls to HO

tried to call today and didnt manage to get throuh :twisted:

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 pm

Blackhole wrote:Hi Guys: cherryplum, Oscar, cricinfo

any news today:

Blackhole
No news..but hopefully we will all get good news.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Just came house and found no brown envelope so wait is still on. Rang the HO number to get an update but hung up after listening the recorded message that they don't provide any update before 6 months :cry:

oscar22 wrote:

any news today:

Blackhole

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:35 pm

cricinfo wrote:Just came house and found no brown envelope so wait is still on. Rang the HO number to get an update but hung up after listening the recorded message that they don't provide any update before 6 months :cry:

oscar22 wrote:

any news today:

Blackhole
Cricinfo

if you want to talk to them the only option is if you lie and tell them that money never been taken from your account
they will check and finally will provide some updates

ahmad74
Newly Registered

Post by ahmad74 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:36 am

ahmad74 wrote:Hi,

I have applied on the 09/09/2011 and still waiting for the approval
today I have called the home office and was told that a decision was made on my case but have to wait couple of weeks to recieve it.

so why I have to wait couple of weeks if the decision is already made ?
should be couple of days !!! :(

hi again,

just to let you know that I have recieved my magic brown envelope with the approval on wednesday 01\02\2012 which means only one day after I called them not couple of weeks as I was told !!!
the letter was dated 25\01\2012 , so it took about 4 months and 3 weeks
booked for the ceremony on the 08\02\2012

ahmad74
Newly Registered

Post by ahmad74 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:42 am

Blackhole wrote:
cricinfo wrote:Just came house and found no brown envelope so wait is still on. Rang the HO number to get an update but hung up after listening the recorded message that they don't provide any update before 6 months :cry:

oscar22 wrote:

any news today:

Blackhole
Cricinfo

if you want to talk to them the only option is if you lie and tell them that money never been taken from your account

yes I agree you have to lie if u want to get any update
I have called them like 4 times and everytime they refuse to give me any update , so I decided to lie and told them that I didnt recieved the aknowledgment letter and it works he asked me for my details and did the check ... and dont forget to choose option 2 and then option 2 not 1

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:06 am

Congrats ahmad74. I am really happy for you. I will wait until next weekend and then i will call them to get an update. I will keep your suggestion in mind before calling them. Once again Congrats
ahmad74 wrote:
Blackhole wrote:

oscar22 wrote:
Blackhole
Cricinfo

yes I agree you have to lie if u want to get any update
I have called them like 4 times and everytime they refuse to give me any update , so I decided to lie and told them that I didnt recieved the aknowledgment letter and it works he asked me for my details and did the check ... and dont forget to choose option 2 and then option 2 not 1

KFM
Newly Registered

Post by KFM » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:56 am

[quote="KFM"]Hi Folks, I have opened my small brown envelope, it has in it my passport and a letter. Am quoting from the 2nd paragraph "I am please to say that the application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony". Its been a long journey but anything that has beginning has an end. Patience is the key. Thanks to all

Got my Ceremony Invitation Letter today, I have booked to attend on 13th March. I am almost there!!!

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:21 am

KFM wrote:@Blackhole - Cherryplum applied before us but yet to get approval. I think the applications are treated on case by case basis so "patience" is the word. Our time will come.
I just got my approval dated 29/01/2012, received on 02/02/2012....my ceremony is on 09/02/2011!!!! Your time will come!

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:32 am

KFM wrote:
KFM wrote:Hi Folks, I have opened my small brown envelope, it has in it my passport and a letter. Am quoting from the 2nd paragraph "I am please to say that the application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony". Its been a long journey but anything that has beginning has an end. Patience is the key. Thanks to all

Got my Ceremony Invitation Letter today, I have booked to attend on 13th March. I am almost there!!!
Congratulations! Where are you having your ceremony? Just wondering because you have to wait so long for a date - mine is on Thursday the 9th, I booked it on Friday the 3rd! Mine is in Bedford.

KFM
Newly Registered

Post by KFM » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:36 am

@cherryplum , how many letters did you get from HO?. I got 2, the first was to informed me of the success of the application and got another one yesterday which was the invite to the ceremony. I was little bit shock about the 13th March date given by the lady I spoke with on the phone. I will phone them again on Monday to find out. The first can become the last, lol.

KFM
Newly Registered

Post by KFM » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:40 am

KFM wrote:@cherryplum , how many letters did you get from HO?. I got 2, the first was to informed me of the success of the application and got another one yesterday which was the invite to the ceremony. I was little bit shock about the 13th March date given by the lady I spoke with on the phone. I will phone them again on Monday to find out. The first can become the last, lol.
. ........in Newham

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:03 pm

@KFM - I only got the approval letter - it mentioned who I had to contact for ceremony and also that I would get an invite from the Local Athority in a couple of days - that has not arrived yet - probably this week. But I rang the contact number given on my approval letter and the lady said she had my file with her for a letter but was happy to book there and then - I know in Bedford this month they have a ceremony every Thursday, AM and PM - next month it's every other Thursday so maybe not too many people booking here.

Magdallena
Newly Registered

Post by Magdallena » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:34 am

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to asy that my waiting is finally over (it took over 3 months) On Friday I received a letter from UKBA which says that my application for British Citizenship has been succesfsul :D so happy!
I would like to say thank you to everyone who is contributiong to this forum. you are all doing a great job providing people with information!
I hope that others who are still waiting will get brown envelope soon!
Good Luck!
M

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Magdallena wrote:Hi everyone!
Just wanted to asy that my waiting is finally over (it took over 3 months) On Friday I received a letter from UKBA which says that my application for British Citizenship has been succesfsul :D so happy!
I would like to say thank you to everyone who is contributiong to this forum. you are all doing a great job providing people with information!
I hope that others who are still waiting will get brown envelope soon!
Good Luck!
M
big congratulation magdallena

your waiting time is finally over

i beleive that you applied 1st of Nov

still waiting in here, as we almost applied at the same time i sense that my magic envelope is coming soon as well
the only thing is annoying me is that HO office calling centre is providing me with different answers each time i call them

two weeks ago they put my hope high when they told me my application in final stage
last friday they put my hope very low by telling me that still on the Q

Hope good news coming this week :(

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:36 pm

[quote="cricinfo"]Congrats ahmad74. I am really happy for you. I will wait until next weekend and then i will call them to get an update. I will keep your suggestion in mind before calling them. Once again Congrats

Cricinfo

Have you called HO as you planned ?

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:46 am

I haven't called HO just yet as I am currently following the timelines and feel that I should hear from HO this week or next week. Magdallena's fee were debited on 23/11/11 and s/he received approval only couple of days ago while mine fee were bebited on 05/12/11 so i am still optimistic that we will receive response in next couple of weeks. Finger crossed
Blackhole wrote:
cricinfo wrote:Congrats ahmad74. I am really happy for you. I will wait until next weekend and then i will call them to get an update. I will keep your suggestion in mind before calling them. Once again Congrats

Cricinfo

Have you called HO as you planned ?

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:21 am

Yapeee...... :D :D :D . I have received my approval today. I applied on 14 Nov. I can't believe it's nearly over at last! To all those waiting. I pray and hope you get you approvals soon. Thanks to all who keep updating with comments as it really helps when one is waiting.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:09 am

Many many congrats mate.... Really happy for you.... I hope i get mine soon...
oscar22 wrote:Yapeee...... :D :D :D . I have received my approval today. I applied on 14 Nov. I can't believe it's nearly over at last! To all those waiting. I pray and hope you get you approvals soon. Thanks to all who keep updating with comments as it really helps when one is waiting.

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:39 am

cricinfo wrote:Many many congrats mate.... Really happy for you.... I hope i get mine soon...
oscar22 wrote:Yapeee...... :D :D :D . I have received my approval today. I applied on 14 Nov. I can't believe it's nearly over at last! To all those waiting. I pray and hope you get you approvals soon. Thanks to all who keep updating with comments as it really helps when one is waiting.

Thanks cricinfo, from what I can see they have started dealing with Nov applications. I do hope you, Blackhole and others will get some positive respone sooner rather then later.