ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

result coming a day after the visa expires!!!!..

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kvijayan
Newly Registered

Post by kvijayan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:49 am

hi, my visa is expiring on 28th of February and unfortunately my validated results from the university of middlesex is due on 29th!. I have been maintaining the funds for the last 3 months and all of the other criteria ave been fulfilled. Is there any way out from this situation?..I was thinking for applying for a visa extension from the college saying that i have to resubmit my thesis or whatever and as soon as i get my results, to recall my passport and apply for psw on the same day i get my passport back..what you people think of this ?..

singhania
Newly Registered

Post by singhania » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi,

yes we can help you out in this situation. but for that we have to c all your educational documents.

Regards

kvijayan
Newly Registered

Re: result coming a day after the visa expires!!!!..

Post by kvijayan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:35 pm

what documents would you like to see, I have an interim transcript from the college with me.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:18 pm

kvijayan wrote:hi, my visa is expiring on 28th of February and unfortunately my validated results from the university of middlesex is due on 29th!. I have been maintaining the funds for the last 3 months and all of the other criteria ave been fulfilled. Is there any way out from this situation?..I was thinking for applying for a visa extension from the college saying that i have to resubmit my thesis or whatever and as soon as i get my results, to recall my passport and apply for psw on the same day i get my passport back..what you people think of this ?..
have you submitted your thesis or not?

divide_by_zero
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by divide_by_zero » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:34 pm

Will you be rewarded your degree that day? You might be able to call visa services at your university and explain the situation. They might be able to pull a few strings and get you that letter a few days early.

golekipro

Post by golekipro » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:19 pm

this is nothing complicated at all you should speak to someone in the university and they can provide you your letter at least a day before. even you get after that you can write an explanation letter you UKBA

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:28 pm

golekipro wrote:this is nothing complicated at all you should speak to someone in the university and they can provide you your letter at least a day before. even you get after that you can write an explanation letter you UKBA
they can't provide a letter before the degree has been awarded.

derlin

Post by derlin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:26 pm

kvijayan wrote:hi, my visa is expiring on 28th of February and unfortunately my validated results from the university of middlesex is due on 29th!. I have been maintaining the funds for the last 3 months and all of the other criteria ave been fulfilled. Is there any way out from this situation?..I was thinking for applying for a visa extension from the college saying that i have to resubmit my thesis or whatever and as soon as i get my results, to recall my passport and apply for psw on the same day i get my passport back..what you people think of this ?..
Hi kvijayan,

Post your PSW application on 27/28 February by royal mail recorded delivery (not special delivery). Include a printout of your unofficial transcript. Your unofficial transcript can be printed from your Middlessex uni student account. My Uni had this facility where students can printout their unofficial transcript. Include this unofficial transcript together with a cover letter identifying the unofficial transcript, explaining why you are sending it, and stating your official transcript would be forwarded in the days ahead.

As soon your results are validated on 29 February, get the official letter of results from Uni, and forward it to UKBA. Preferably, send the letter when UKBA has written to confirming receipt of application. Use the case ID number on the letter to identify your application for which the official letter of results is supporting.
kvijayan wrote:I was thinking for applying for a visa extension from the college saying that i have to resubmit my thesis or whatever and as soon as i get my results, to recall my passport and apply for psw on the same day i get my passport back..what you people think of this ?..
Withdrawing an existing application when your visa has expired automatically makes you illegal in the UK. Hence, you have no grounds to apply for PSW. You are advised not to pursue this option.

Follow my advice. Any new material (such as letter of results confirmation) in support of an existing application is admissible before a decision is made over the application. The average time for PSW processing is 4 weeks. With its closure under three months, I suspect the volume of applications would be higher between February and April ending. So average processing time might be 6 weeks or more. So you have time to get this letter before a decision is made on your PSW application. Three individuals followed this advice and received PSW last summer. No need to send your application to the individual above asking for your documents. Goodluck.

mramateen
Newly Registered

Post by mramateen » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi derlin,
Thats a really good advice.
I have the exact same problem, only thing is my results will be out a week after my visa expires and my uni has rejected my request for a CAS. I will send the PSW letter by "change in circumstances" form after I get my application ack. no. from UKBA.
Do you have any idea about how the covering letter should be? I will have to type a good letter which explains the problem.
The solicitors I've enquired ask me to pay 700 quids for just the covering letter + 150 quid for "initial meeting" to discuss my case, and I know my case is not at all complicated.
But I'm sure I can do it on myself without any covering letter from them.

Thanks again for your correct advice.

derlin

Post by derlin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:20 pm

mramateen wrote:Hi derlin,
Thats a really good advice.
I have the exact same problem, only thing is my results will be out a week after my visa expires and my uni has rejected my request for a CAS. I will send the PSW letter by "change in circumstances" form after I get my application ack. no. from UKBA.
Do you have any idea about how the covering letter should be? I will have to type a good letter which explains the problem.
The solicitors I've enquired ask me to pay 700 quids for just the covering letter + 150 quid for "initial meeting" to discuss my case, and I know my case is not at all complicated.
But I'm sure I can do it on myself without any covering letter from them.

Thanks again for your correct advice.
You're welcome, Mramateen.