ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yemsan
Newly Registered

Dependant visa

Post by yemsan » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:54 am

1) I am applying for my wife and son(1 year old) and haven't got a job in the UK right now.
I am working on a proposal to have a small business financed by my father but still looking for the shop? The thing is I am a resident in United Arab Emirates as an employee at my dad's company there and my father is currently paying me.
Both my wife and son are residents (visas are stamped on the their passports) in the UAE as my dependents.
Do you think applying for my dependents to join me in the UK without having a proper job in the UK would be ok?

2) I normally contact my wife using PAYG mobile (LEBARA) but lately after having free internet on the phone I am using free calling apps i.e. (VIBER, NIMBUZZ or TANGO). All of these methods can hardly be proven? But I have been three times visiting them during this year? (passports entry stamps can show it). Would I still need to provide a phone bill or emails to confirm my regular contact with family? Do I need to also show Marriage photos for this reason?

My Documents are simply the following:
- UK Bank statement for period over 90 days with balance not below (GBP 4300) and my UAE bank statement & bank balance certificate for period over 120 days with balance over (GBP 6000) (BALANCE since 60 days is GBP 10,000).

- My Dad's personal bank statement (as additional source of supporting doc)

- MARRIAGE Certificate attested at UAE embassy in home countryand translated copy.

- Child Birth Certificate attested at UAE embassy in home country + translated copy.

- UK Tenancy agreement + NOC letter from the landlord (Are currently processed).

- A copy of my MSC qulification (does it need to be certified).

- Copy of my previous UK visas as Ive been studying in the UK since late 2003.

- Signed letter confirming that I will be sponsering my family + Invitiation letter.

Would all of the above docs be enough to apply for dependent visa for my family?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

yemsan
Newly Registered

Post by yemsan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:20 am

405 views so far with no reply yet. Would i be fine applying with these docs? Can any one help please.

thanks,

divide_by_zero
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by divide_by_zero » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Where are you getting that list of documents? I don't believe that immigration wants stuff like your dad's personal bank statement or UK tenancy agreement unless they specifically ask for it. For the PSW visa, I know I didn't have to include either of those things.

Look at: Policy guidance on dependants of points-based system migrants on http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... lications/

I'd only give immigration what they ask for. I wouldn't want to fall out of favour with the person looking over my documents because I am flooding them with paper.