ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusions about USA Visit Visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MojoJojo

Confusions about USA Visit Visa

Post by MojoJojo » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi All!
I am resident in the UK with a spouse settlement Visa issued last year.My Husband is a British Citizen and also holds a Green Card.I am currently living in the UK and he comes and visits me from the US.I am now pregnant and he wants the baby to be born in the USA so I have applied for a visit visa(I am being sponsored by my sibling who also has a Green Card and permamnetly lives in USA).I have not seen this sibling in 6 years and this is a great opportunity for me to see her and her family.As far as I know we are not doing anything illegal since as a Permanent Resident he has a right to have his baby born there isnt it?

I do not wish to do anything illegal.I just want to go there have my baby and come back to the UK where I have a an ailing mother-in-law and a wonderful family life which I thoroughly enjoy.Id rather get a multiple visa for 5 years and visit my husband on and off until I can join him legally.

We do not have any financial problems.I have a stable joint bank account in the UK with my hubby.He also has property in the USA.

What are my chances of getting this visa? I have no intention of lying during my interview and I want to tell them everything truthfully so my position isnt compromised.Please also tell me what documents I will need to take with me for the interview.

Thanks!

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:52 pm

The one issue I can see is that you are married to someone who is living in the US and who has a green card and they are not sponsoring you. Whilst not illegal that will raise questions about your intentions.
I am not sure what options are available to you to go there as a spouse, i would like to think this is one area you might want to investigate further.

have a look at the following

http://forums.immigration.com/forumdisp ... een-Cards)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

subin
Newly Registered

Post by subin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:06 am

try www.whatvisa.org

there is heaps of new information about usa and many other countries and can benefit you greatly

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: Confusions about USA Visit Visa

Post by Marco 72 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi - I think you'll have a difficult time getting a visitor visa. Having both a husband and a sister who are US LPR's works against you, as does the fact that you are living in the UK as spouse of a British citizen, who is now permanently residing in the US. I'd say your chances of getting the visa are close to zero.

I take it your husband has already petitioned for you under the F2A Family Preference category?

By the way, your sister will not be sponsoring you for the visitor visa (there is no such thing). You will be making your own application.