ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form SET O Query for - HSMP JR (April07 -Nov 07)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

hass

Post by hass » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi All,

I appreciate your help. I am due to apply for ILR in 3 weeks time. Had a quick look at the ILR Forms SET (O), couple of confusions that I thing every one is asking.

I applied HSMP (after april 06 and before nov 06), EC in dec 06 came to UK in March 07. Applied for extension under JR and now due to apply for settlement.

Which catagories I need to fill in as there is lot of confusion. On page 3,7 and section 10 should it be 'under HSMP JR ILR' or 'HSMP' or Tier1 under JR? My thoughts are it should be HSMP JR ILR as I have gone through the policy documents and it says that the applicants falling under the catogory that applied between april 06 - nov 06 would be eligible to apply after 5 years but without LIUK. Please could you tell which sections you have ticked in.

Also if you applied for the HSMP approval (first time) with spouse and came here and living together, do we need to provide proof for spouse and applicant still living together?

Regards

sayam04

Post by sayam04 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Dear hass,
You have excatly the same case as mine 'under HSMP JR ILR' or 'HSMP' or Tier1 under JR. I am applying on 23 Feb at Croydon office, so wish me good luck.

On the extention of your visa what you were given 'HSMP' or Tier1 (General) Migrant under JR. I was given Tier1 (General) Migrant under JR on my extention, so therefore you need to tick/select first category in section B: Tier1 (General) Migrant under JR.

If you were given HSMP on extention then select HSMP under JR accordingly, again in section B.

Under HSMP-JR we don't need to prove cohabition documents but i strongly advise you and every one applying for settlement to provide cohabitation documents just in case if needed, if your spouse is still living with you . It's better to be sorry, we don't need to do LIUK test so just avoid the whole section 4 and go to section 4 as it suggests under HSMP-JR.

Good luck and all the very best.

hass

Post by hass » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Thanks Sayam,

That makes sense, but if you dont tick the box in the payment section that says if you applying under HSMP, are you doing so under the terms of the HSMP ILR JR policy? the answer of which should be 'Yes'. As in the policy document it is mentioned that the 5 year HSMP dont need to do LIUK while qualifying for ILR. The same implies in section 4 where it says only the HSMP ILR JR are exempt from LIUK.
Now the question is if we only tick in section 3 B as Tier 1 under HSMP JR, and not the HSMP ILR JR, we wont be exempt from the LIUK??

Regards

sayam04

Post by sayam04 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:10 am

If you were given HSMP under JR then you will tick YES in payment details on page 2 of SET (O) form. There is no question about it.