ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Question - Going to Croydon on Wednesday

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khanz

Urgent Question - Going to Croydon on Wednesday

Post by khanz » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:34 am

Hi All,

I got my HSMP visa stamped on the basis of Approval letter under the rules in October 2006. In 2008, when I got FLR stamped, it stated visa type as Tier1 General Migrant. Now I am going to apply for ILR. I am going to fill in the Form Set O and have the following questions:

1. On Page 7 of the Set O, should I mark Tier1 General under the terms of HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document? or Highly Skilled Migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review Policy Document?

2. Do I need to fill in Section 4 on page 8 telling about Life in the UK Test?
By the way, to be on safe side, I have passed life in the uk test but my wife has
booked test for Tuesday. My appointment is on Wednesday, I am worried that if the caseworker
asks for her LITUK test certificate it will be only one day old while the rules say that you should
pass the test at least two days before applying for ILR.

I will appreciate for your help.

Thanks,
Khanz

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:28 pm

1. Tier1 General under the terms of HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document

2. applicants covered by HSMP JR and their dependants don't need to clear LIUK - so it's your choice. If you skip that section, that's perfectly fine.

khanz

Post by khanz » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:25 am

Thanks for your reply. I would prefer to skip the LIUK section.
Do I need to show any documents for cohabitation?

diehardall1
Newly Registered

Post by diehardall1 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:42 am

Most people I'v spoken to said they took their marriage certificate.

You can also take some documents e.g spouse bank statement/NHS card/Council tax with same address you live in.

From what I've read on this forum, they are not too forcy about too many documents on co habitation proof on SET(O) as in SET(M).

khanz

Post by khanz » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:55 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have water bill and life insurance showing my and wife's name with our current address. I think this should be sufficient.

diehardall1
Newly Registered

Post by diehardall1 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:17 pm

That should be sufficient. Just make sure they are spread over the 2 years period incase the case worker asked.

khanz

Post by khanz » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:38 am

I got my ILR. Thank you very much for everybody on this forum. This forum has been very helpful on my journey to ILR.

diehardall1
Newly Registered

Post by diehardall1 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:56 am

Congrat

shifi

Post by shifi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:00 pm

khanz wrote:I got my ILR. Thank you very much for everybody on this forum. This forum has been very helpful on my journey to ILR.
khanz, Congrds.

I have my appointment next week in Croydon. I have HSMP Approval letter dated Sep- 06, so believe we fall into same category.

Can you please confirm the below :
Did you have to explain your case to the case worker to prove that you fall into the HSMP judicial review category ( i.e. take policy document etc)

what other documents did they check ? and were they checking documents covering last 5 years or just 1-2 years ?

Did they ask anything about life in UK test? I can see you have already done that. Hope they didn’t ask anything about it ?

thanks in advance.

khanz

Post by khanz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:38 am

Thanks.

I did not carry with me any policy document etc. because they know more than me. The caseworker only asked me "are you applying as hsmp?" I said yes. Then she asked "four years?" I said "no, five years".

1. She saw my form and passports.
2. After spending some time on the form and passports, she asked for the following documents:
i. payslips
ii.bank statements
iii.p60s or hmrc letter showing tax deductions for last 5 years.
iv.letter from employer
v.Cohabitation documents like utility bills etc.
vi.2 photographs of applicant and each dependent
3. I had LIUK certificates with me but I did not mention that in my form, because for JR, its not required. I only passed that to be on safe side.

No questions, just told me after seeing all the documents and entering details into the computer that we were being granted ILR.

Do take with you the photocopies of all attachments including bank statement.

I wish you all the best!

shifi

Post by shifi » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:24 pm

khanz wrote:Thanks.

I wish you all the best!
Thanks Mate, everything went well yesterday and I've got the ILR Stamped!

Shifi

khanz

Post by khanz » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Congratulations Shifi