ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizenship help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

latinointheuk
Ecuador

british citizenship help

Post by latinointheuk » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi!
i want to apply for my citizenship, i got my ILR on the 14 of may 2011. in a record of 10 days i was given it..applying for the 14 years law
do i need a solicitor to apply?

i have no criminal records or been involved with police at all....

i have the life in the uk certificate.

please need to know if i need a solicitor,,no much money to pay one again

thanks

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Why would you need a solicitor?

Smallfamily

Re: british citizenship help

Post by Smallfamily » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:47 pm

If you think ur case is straight forward...then prepare ur application urself...fill out AN form, attach all the relevant paperwork + fee and simply submit it or perhaps submit through NCS which I always recommend :)

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:46 pm

The forms are designed to be dealt with on your own without a solicitor - I have never used one and mine was not straight forward in the beginning - went from holiday work 2 year visa to holiday visa for 6 months inorder to get Certificate of Approval for us to get married (didn't want to leave to country to do it so gave u work for the validity of the visa - all the way through to Spouse visa, ILR and Citizenship all on my own. Save yourself a penny and apply on your own if you meet all the criteria.