ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SimBal
Newly Registered

Im Happy!

Post by SimBal » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Hello!!

Im very pleased to update that after 11 weeks and 5 days I received our documents back with ILR stamped for me and my son, from Liverpool.
Dated 31/01/12 and was delivered today by next day special delivery.

I hope more good news will come soon to all waiting!

Thank you very much!

SimBal

chrisrich

Re: Im Happy!

Post by chrisrich » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:40 pm

SimBal wrote:Hello!!

Im very pleased to update that after 11 weeks and 5 days I received our documents back with ILR stamped for me and my son, from Liverpool.
Dated 31/01/12 and was delivered today by next day special delivery.

I hope more good news will come soon to all waiting!

Thank you very much!

SimBal
Congs Simbal, enjoy your indefinite leave, nice to get some positive news after a while.
God has made everything beautiful in its time

ruthmac
Newly Registered

Re: ILR application went in 21st October!

Post by ruthmac » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:48 pm

bob-russell wrote:New to this forum but we have been panicking because we are still waiting for ILR to be issued for my wife and daughter!
Hi Bob,

We sent my husband's (straightforward) SET M on the 21st Oct, and we're still waiting too...
ruth

SimBal
Newly Registered

Post by SimBal » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Thank you Chrisrich!

I Hope to hear your good news soon!

bob-russell

Re: ILR application went in 21st October!

Post by bob-russell » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:25 pm

ruthmac wrote:
bob-russell wrote:New to this forum but we have been panicking because we are still waiting for ILR to be issued for my wife and daughter!
Hi Bob,

We sent my husband's (straightforward) SET M on the 21st Oct, and we're still waiting too...
ruth
We spent months waiting for TLR two+ years ago. What a shame the standards of service remain so poor. It really is a disgrace that any government department should take this length of time.

Thanks for letting us know we are not alone. If I had found this forum before I would have been able to forewarn my wife that it would be drawn out again.

She wants to visit a friend in Switzerland but clearly cannot until she gets her passport back!

gid1818
Newly Registered

Missing Documents with HO - Help!!!!!!

Post by gid1818 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:52 pm

sometimes I wonder why OH/UKBA treat Foreigners like shit. I just can't get my head around it. they are quick to take money from your account but careless in dealing with with the application.

Sent my application for ILR on set M on 21/11/2011 via next day recorded delivery; tracked documents to ensure they have received it on the 22/11/2011.

Three months on,Homeoffice/UKBA have sent me a letter today dated 04/02/2012 telling me they can't find any of my supporting documents including my passport and my wives.The only document they reckon they have is my life in uk test, marriage certificate and education cert.

The worse part is that, they are asking me to resend the document which they have misplaced before they can consider my application.

I am confused because don't know how I will be able to obtain all that within this short period. Can somebody advice what action to take; is there anybody on this forum who have had this experience with OH?

chrisrich

Re: Missing Documents with HO - Help!!!!!!

Post by chrisrich » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:40 pm

gid1818 wrote:sometimes I wonder why OH/UKBA treat Foreigners like shit. I just can't get my head around it. they are quick to take money from your account but careless in dealing with with the application.

Sent my application for ILR on set M on 21/11/2011 via next day recorded delivery; tracked documents to ensure they have received it on the 22/11/2011.

Three months on,Homeoffice/UKBA have sent me a letter today dated 04/02/2012 telling me they can't find any of my supporting documents including my passport and my wives.The only document they reckon they have is my life in uk test, marriage certificate and education cert.

The worse part is that, they are asking me to resend the document which they have misplaced before they can consider my application.

I am confused because don't know how I will be able to obtain all that within this short period. Can somebody advice what action to take; is there anybody on this forum who have had this experience with OH?

May be you should try to give them a call & hopefully, they may advise you, did you make any photocopies of the documents? Their negligence is shocking!

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:55 pm

I am sorry to hear your ordeal. I suggest you put this as a fresh topic under ILR so that moderators will have a look and suggest.
gid1818 wrote:sometimes I wonder why OH/UKBA treat Foreigners like shit. I just can't get my head around it. they are quick to take money from your account but careless in dealing with with the application.

gid1818
Newly Registered

Post by gid1818 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:46 pm

chrisrich wrote:

Unfortunately, sent the photocopies as well as they requested

May be you should try to give them a call & hopefully, they may advise you, did you make any photocopies of the documents? Their negligence is shocking!

polly_s

Post by polly_s » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:50 pm

hi guys, updated list today, but will be away on a busy trip in London until 24-25th, can anyone take care of our list please.

thanks!
congrats to Simbal!!11 weeks 5 days!! sounds alright!

MiraclePrayer
Newly Registered

Post by MiraclePrayer » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi Polly_s , I will be happy to update the list while you are away. Have a nice trip. Are you planning to visit Croydon to hammer some sense into the home office babus :) :wink: :)

Just sharing a bit of worry after reading about gid1818, I stupidly did not photocopy any of my documents assuming that my solicitor would do it before he sent it.... but he didn't.... that leaves me with no documents of identity or anything else , not to mention passport. imagine would happen if HO were to lose my documents.
:oops:

Simbal, Congrats on your Success..... am terribly jealous but I guess you deserve it. Enjoy your days ahead and hopefully catch you again at the citizenship thread :twisted:

Did anyone notice , we are on the 100th page of this thread .... thanks to ramesh, who started this .... I've had some strength to go on waiting knowing that others were going through the same situation.

speed120
Newly Registered

Post by speed120 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:47 pm

cant handle it anymore its really becoming unacceptable , i got a call today for a job , and they phoned me about my visa because i put down that it expired last year , so i told me i got an outstanding application for ilr set(M)
they said we cant take you in because there is no guarantee that the home office will approve your residency , thats not the first happened to me , i said to them you can call them and check with them , they said we gonna cancel your application anyway ? so Worse can it get ?i been patient enough , the solicitor is absolutely useless , once i get stuff back from him i will make sur he will be popular in the internet for his services .

also he suppose to send the application by the end of july guess what it arrived at the home office the day where my visa expired . does anyone have it hard like me or there is worse ?

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Post by gj6ab5657 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:01 pm

MiraclePrayer wrote:Hi Polly_s , I will be happy to update the list while you are away. Have a nice trip. Are you planning to visit Croydon to hammer some sense into the home office babus :) :wink: :)

Just sharing a bit of worry after reading about gid1818, I stupidly did not photocopy any of my documents assuming that my solicitor would do it before he sent it.... but he didn't.... that leaves me with no documents of identity or anything else , not to mention passport. imagine would happen if HO were to lose my documents.
:oops:

Simbal, Congrats on your Success..... am terribly jealous but I guess you deserve it. Enjoy your days ahead and hopefully catch you again at the citizenship thread :twisted:

Did anyone notice , we are on the 100th page of this thread .... thanks to ramesh, who started this .... I've had some strength to go on waiting knowing that others were going through the same situation.
Thanks miracleprayer atleast you ready to do in absent polly_s job. welldone and keep it up. hope we all get early our ILR

Timing
Newly Registered

Post by Timing » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:49 am

chrisrich wrote:

Sorry to hear that gid1818. I think they should check all the documents before they take the payment. By the way, if you have the photocopies of the documents, what can you do?

cuncfbrk
Newly Registered

SET(O) with 5 year work permit

Post by cuncfbrk » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:18 am

Hi,

I am new here and share the same situation with a lot of people here!

Below is my case:
Applied for ILR SET(O) 31/10/11
receved acknowledgement letter from UKBA 02/11/11
money taken from bank 05/11/11
still waiting.....

It has been so long since I posted my passport to UKBA! I called the tel number on the acknowledgement letter last week, and they say I should have known that it could take up to 6 month, there is nothing they can do before that time!

Just feel really frustrated..... :(

smz
Newly Registered

Post by smz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:23 pm

My lovely friends,

I just got my ILR 20 minutes ago stamped from Liverpool. I am so happy and excited I feel I will burst.

I have called all my family to let them know. For those of us still waiting, Please have faith and all will be well Inshallah. You have supported me throughout this ordeal and I am ever so grateful.

I am now going to pray to thank God for his mercy towards us.

chrisrich

Post by chrisrich » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:27 pm

smz wrote:My lovely friends,

I just got my ILR 20 minutes ago stamped from Liverpool. I am so happy and excited I feel I will burst.

I have called all my family to let them know. For those of us still waiting, Please have faith and all will be well Inshallah. You have supported me throughout this ordeal and I am ever so grateful.

Congs Smz, so happy for you, enjoy your free from restrictions stay & best of luck for the future

smz
Newly Registered

Post by smz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Thank you chrisrich.

I believe I shall. Can't believe it's all over. :D

A big congratulations to simbal as well. Wishing you the very best for the future.

polly_s

Post by polly_s » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Congrats SMZ!! another set m within 11 weeks!:)

MiraclePrayer, thank you for your help! I ofcourse will be checking on forum to see how everything is going here! So happy for 2 guys who got hteir passports back!!

SimBal
Newly Registered

Post by SimBal » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Congratulations SMZ!!!

All best to you too!

I cant express my feelings now! Hope we can hear soon more good news about all of you waiting.

bob-russell

Re: SET(O) with 5 year work permit

Post by bob-russell » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:17 pm

cuncfbrk wrote:Hi,

I am new here and share the same situation with a lot of people here!

Below is my case:
Applied for ILR SET(O) 31/10/11
receved acknowledgement letter from UKBA 02/11/11
money taken from bank 05/11/11
still waiting.....

It has been so long since I posted my passport to UKBA! I called the tel number on the acknowledgement letter last week, and they say I should have known that it could take up to 6 month, there is nothing they can do before that time!

Just feel really frustrated..... :(
but very comforting to know you are not the only ones!

albert11
Newly Registered

ilr

Post by albert11 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:42 pm

/Rec. passport today.
Set o
Time line applied on 10/09/11
Rec on 10/02/11
Thanks to everybody for support.
Last edited by albert11 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisrich

Re: ilr

Post by chrisrich » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:54 pm

albert11 wrote:/Rec. passport today.
Set o
Time line applied on 10/09/11
Rec on 10/02/11
Thanksto everybody for support.
Congs albert11, so happy for you, wishing you all the best for the future

Shuklap
Newly Registered

Post by Shuklap » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi All,

Good news !!! I received my passport stamped with ILR along with wife's and son's.

Want to thank this forum and its members with bottom of my heart who were really helpful and provided lots of useful information.

My timeline were as following -

Sent on - 24/11
Received on - 08/02 (stamp date as 01/02)

Just to add , I did send one letter on 09/01 requesting possible expediting. Not sure if that did the trick.

speed120
Newly Registered

Post by speed120 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:33 pm

smz wrote:My lovely friends,

Congrats smz , it took arround 12 weeks , me im on 27 weeks and i dont know why its taking too long , no help from the useless solicitor , neither the mp , the home office no chance , so why the hell is wrong ?