ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long term visa to Sri Lanka

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shs213

Long term visa to Sri Lanka

Post by shs213 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:42 am

Hi All, I am orignally from Sri Lanka and recently became a British Citizen... As SL doesn't allow dual citizenship or "on arrival" visa anymore (as of late), I am wondering if anyone here has succsfully managed to get a long term holiday/visit visa...

I am tryiing to find out if SL has anything similar to the OCI visa India currently has in place. there are many websites with inconsistent information so thought i would check here as I am sure there will be few in my boat in this forum :-)

Thanks in advance...

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:06 am

you may find posting on other countries section of more help or a mod may move this soon for you
pennyless

strajeev
Newly Registered

Post by strajeev » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:25 am

If you still have your Srilankan passport in date with a uk visa or ILR you can leave your British passport here & do your trip as a Srilankan. My friend recently done it. UK do not inform srilanka that you are British now. So Srilankan authorities are not aware of that. You may have to be careful when answering questions. Let us know how you did it. All the best.

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:09 pm

strajeev wrote:If you still have your Srilankan passport in date with a uk visa or ILR you can leave your British passport here & do your trip as a Srilankan. My friend recently done it. UK do not inform srilanka that you are British now. So Srilankan authorities are not aware of that. You may have to be careful when answering questions. Let us know how you did it. All the best.
No that's wrong... if you get caught doing this then you will be facing its concequences including a heavy fine.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Long term visa to Sri Lanka

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:11 pm

shs213 wrote:As SL doesn't allow dual citizenship or "on arrival" visa anymore (as of late), I am wondering if anyone here has succsfully managed to get a long term holiday/visit visa...

I am tryiing to find out if SL has anything similar to the OCI visa India currently has in place. there are many websites with inconsistent information so thought i would check here as I am sure there will be few in my boat in this forum :-)
I realise that this is a rather old topic, but was wondering whether anyone would know the answer to the OP's original question raised here, as I would like to find out the same?