ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric enrollment through post office - query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Yarlie_uk
- thin ice -

Biometric enrollment through post office - query

Post by Yarlie_uk » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi,
I have submitted my Tier1(General) extension application on 11thJan and got biometric letter on 13/02/2012.
Since I am residing at Northeast of England, biometric enrolment centres are too far from my place (Middlesbrough). Hence I want to do my biometrics through post ofice. But unfortunately on the biometric letter which i recieved do not have a bar code without which post office can't enroll biometric details.
Is it that recent applicants who got there biometric letter in Feb 2012 cant enroll in post office. In that case i need to book online and travel with my family all the way to Sheffield.
Is anyone having the same problem ??
cant we enroll biometrics in post office ??
Any UKBA phone number to contact ??
Pls anyone give your response.

LostInCountry

Re: Biometric enrollment through post office - query

Post by LostInCountry » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:57 pm

Yarlie_uk wrote: In that case i need to book online and travel with my family all the way to Sheffield.
Biometrics enrollment at post office is only for sole applications (people with no dependents). Maybe this is the reason there is no barcode given on your letter.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... enrolment/

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:11 am

LostInCountry has mentioned it precisely to the point. You don't have a post office biometric option when applying with dependants. Currently this service is only available for sole applicant.

Yarlie_uk
- thin ice -

Post by Yarlie_uk » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:09 pm

QuickSam wrote:LostInCountry has mentioned it precisely to the point. You don't have a post office biometric option when applying with dependants. Currently this service is only available for sole applicant.
Thanks a lot. I have booked my appointment for biometrics at Liverpool PEO on 2 March. Its too long I havent got any appointments till then.

Regards,
Yarlie

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Yarlie_uk wrote:
QuickSam wrote:LostInCountry has mentioned it precisely to the point. You don't have a post office biometric option when applying with dependants. Currently this service is only available for sole applicant.
Thanks a lot. I have booked my appointment for biometrics at Liverpool PEO on 2 March. Its too long I havent got any appointments till then.

Regards,
Yarlie
Please read ur letter properly because my brother recently applied for his visa and it was written on his letter that he needs to give his biometric in 15 days..

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 pm

The letter doesn't say that you have to give the Biometric in 15 days.

It should rather say that you need to book an appointment within 15 business days. The actual appointment could be later than 15 business days.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:22 pm

pgaitonde wrote:
Yarlie_uk wrote:

Regards,
Yarlie
Please read ur letter properly because my brother recently applied for his visa and it was written on his letter that he needs to give his biometric in 15 days..
Perhaps you should read your brothers letter properly! It clearly doesn't say that.

Yarlie_uk
- thin ice -

Post by Yarlie_uk » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Greenie wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:
Yarlie_uk wrote:

Regards,
Yarlie
Perhaps you should read your brothers letter properly! It clearly doesn't say that.
Thats right..... We need to book our appointment within 15 days.
It is highly immpossible to get an appointment within 15 days.
As per today the earliest available one is on 1 March at Liverpool PEO.

Regards,
Yarlie